Notices

Coming back for good!

Old 07-27-2011, 10:01 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
On my way....

I wish I could stay up later and partay (lol, love how you spell that) with you, but I have to get up early and get my brother off to work. We should get together tomorrow night! I enjoyed the ice cream, and thanks for the new music. My sobriety playlist on youtube is getting a real workout (Glad someone is working out...hmmmm.)
Old 07-27-2011, 10:03 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Glad youre doing good Rachel.Have fun at the concert....Just imagine ,now that you dont drink how much $$$$ you will save by not buying that expensive @ss concert beer.....Foot ball season is coming up,I get to practice my self restraints as well....Ive NEVER been to a live game without beer in hand.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:04 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Recovery music that I like, the one that I posted, The Drugs Don't Work, and I love this band called The Lighthouse and the Whaler, and when I'm really down I like the song by Alanis Morrisette called "I Will Be Good" I wish I could get more into country but I will try, Tim McGraw is HOT!
Old 07-27-2011, 10:05 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Goodnight Rachel!!! Sweet Dreams! :-*
Old 07-27-2011, 10:06 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
On my way....

You're right about that Gibson! We were thinking about how cheap going out to restaurants will be now that the bill will be cut in half or more. Also, I can totally understand the football thing....as camping is my big drinking time, beer in hand dawn to dusk...we can do this.....and even enjoy it.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:08 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
On my way....

You too Stacy! I hope I will see you tomorrow, although my time may be short, I don't expect to get back from the concert until rather late and I have to work Friday morning, but no matter what I will pop in and update on how it goes.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:23 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Rachel, I also struggle with weed addiction, and I realize what it is like to have this be the case and not be taken seriously by others. It is weird to notice that addiction speaks not only through me but to me through others, sometimes through others who are not even addicts. I would be curious to find out more about what exactly AVRT is.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:17 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
On my way....

Sent you a PM Eaglette.

Good morning SR, another hangover free morning, morning of day 9. I love this feeling...my thinking is starting to clear, my head is feeling a lot less foggy, I wasn't irritable at all yesterday, some of the benefits of sobriety are starting to make themselves apparent. I know I will have more challenging days ahead of me...but I think the real rewards of sobriety are just beginning, and I'm sure they will continue for the rest of my life. Call it what you will, but I'm enjoying these very positive feelings.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:42 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by eaglette View Post
I would be curious to find out more about what exactly AVRT is.
AVRT = Addictive Voice Recognition Technique, developed by Jack Trimpey of Rational Recovery. It is a method of private self-recovery that does not require meetings, groups, spirituality, religion, or pop-psychology in order to achieve secure, permanent abstinence. Contrary to some misinformation out there, AVRT is not about moderation. Its insistence on permanent abstinence is absolute, almost fanatical.

AVRT - Rational Recovery - SR Post
Old 07-28-2011, 07:05 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
-New Me-

hope you had a (sober) blast at the concert. see ya tomorrow on day #10. long day/night so im hitting the sheets early. ttyl Rachel.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:15 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hey Rachel congrats day 9 glad to see you giving it another go . Sending strength your way .

Favourite ice cream - mango and macadamia nut.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:18 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
-New Me-

gonna have to try that mango & macadamia nut... sounds delicious as i love anything mango.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:33 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Seems to be an ice-cream party going on over here in Rachel's thread I'd like to bring some plain old French vanilla with some hot fudge and maybe some strawberries... Whipped cream too!
Old 07-28-2011, 08:36 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
On my way....

So, I went to the concert. I logged on here a lot during it if that tells you how much I was having fun. LOL My Mom and the "drinking" group that I was worried about couldn't make it because the traffic in this small town can't handle 100,000 people heading to the same spot at once. They called me in traffic and let me know. So I was needlessly concerned about that.

The beer was seven dollars (for HALF of a solo cup/red party cup) and the lines were an hour or more long. I can only imagine the frustration I would have been going through if I were drinking. Also, before Tim Mcgraw came on there was a guy leading his VERY drunk girlfriend out of there...she was acting the fool. That easily could have been me. I'm sure I would've pre-partied, then went and spent all my cash on beer and missed most of the concert. Instead I paid $6 dollars for two bottles of water....geesh, that's expensive on it's own!

As far as fun, I was rather bored, we were way back on the field they played in, it took an hour between the opening artist to Tim Mcgraw, we ended up leaving early to avoid the traffic back home. So, yeah, first concert, and maybe my last, I would rather see them on tv or youtube and be able to fast-forward songs I don't like. lol Not tempted to drink at all though, so that's the cool part. And I acted the fool, screaming and clapping at songs I liked...I think I embarrassed Michael some, BUT not in a way I regret. lol

Next challenge: Going on Sunday to Maryland to see my favorite aunt for two days, who happens to be a 30+ year weed smoker....she smokes all day everyday, the last few visits we've smoked together. I'm taking my dog (Riley) and my (very sober) brother with me, and I'm taking my laptop to keep in touch with SR. I don't think I will have a problem here because even though we've smoked together, I used to visit her as a child and always had a good time being sober, obviously. lol I don't feel weak, or worried......I'm not giving my AV any credence and my biggest trigger (my husband and I fighting) has seemed to fade away since our very intense talk the other day....and I'm not going to let that kind of situation weaken my resolve again. I'm feeling really, really good guys, I appreciate y'all being here.

Aussie, it's good to see you here and doing well.

Eddie, I hope you get some good sleep, and I will definitely see you on day 10!

Yum, Jennie! (BTW, congrats again on your 30 days, love reading your posts, you're an inspiration) I love my cookie dough ice cream...so if anyone has any of that... I hope someone brought brownies to eat with the ice cream....after that concert I feel the urge for something sweet.....I will take some of that whipped cream over here too. lol
Old 07-28-2011, 08:53 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Just reading your thread has made my @ss gain 5 lbs.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:56 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
On my way....

LOL, it's okay because it's just a virtual 5lbs, just do some virtual exercise such as writing posts and it falls right back off.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:01 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Haha...yea but Ive been on the lemonade diet so Ive had no food since Tuesday..THANK GOD we dont have icecream here... I saw a McDonalds commercial earlier and I wanted to jump through the tv and yell"stop smiling at it,eat the d@mn burger" ...kidding kidding....kinda
Old 07-28-2011, 09:03 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
On my way....

WHAT?? I can't imagine going more than a few of hours without food, I would be soooo evil, even more so than withdrawing from weed. I get very upset when I'm hungry, picture a hungry bear. lol When do you get to eat again??
Old 07-28-2011, 09:16 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I know I thought the same....amazing how it took me 4 years to give up booze but one good luck at the scale to give up food...haha...Actually the lemon cleanse doesnt leave you hungry..the ingredients once you make it satisfy that...I have cheated and knawled on a carrot and apple just because i felt the need to crunch...Ive lost 8 lbs since being on it Tuesday morning...although IM also still dropping alot of my beer bloat so this has probably helped flush alot of that away...I plan to stick with it until at least Monday and go from there...they recommend 10 days but we will see...IM starting on just raw fruit and veggies immediatly after though ...I miss my body
Old 07-28-2011, 09:50 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
On my way....

Congrats on the weight loss!! But girl, you are too hard on yourself! I saw your pics on your profile, gorgeous I tell you! Take it easy on your healing body, it will come in time, that's what I tell myself too. I've gained about 20lbs over the last few years and I hope it will come off shortly, I probably could help that process along if I'd take my butt to the gym....but I'm not too bothered about that at the moment. lol