Notices

In trouble, looking for words of encourgment, Day 1

Old 05-26-2011, 11:55 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
instant

Hey Freebird. You sound like a guy with a lot of energy. I'm sure there is a way through this
Old 05-26-2011, 05:31 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the encouraging words!!!!

Day 2 - Court when pretty good, we petition to get the tether off and get the bond reduced, well, the they agreed to the tether, now I can at least go biking in shorts and enjoy the lake this summer.

For the DV I was in county from Saturday to Monday and since the gf moved her stuff back to her place, I will have to restock everything in the house today minus the booze.

Before this happened, my brother and friends were telling me she was not for me, I did not believe them, I was a bit blind and stupid. Again, I was focusing on fixing her problems and enabling her and not looking at the core. Now I have been told she is finally aggressively looking for a job, part of the argument was her lapse in between jobs and she automatically assumed I would always bridge the financial gap, it just got longer and longer between jobs for her. In regards to drinking she was just as bad or worse then i, she just has certain luxuries of being an attractive female getting her way by anybody.

I'm sure I scared her when I broke the door to the bathroom, but I don't think I needed to go to jail, but I guess we all got to start somewhere, it could of been worse.

Well, today, focusing on me, getting the condo back in order, and going for a bike ride to clear the head.

I wrote the above while I was at the office….. No bike ride today way to rainy, but a good day at the grocery store and a cleaned the condo.

Come on day 3…..

Thanks for all the advice, it puts me in tears…

Robert
Old 05-27-2011, 06:39 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Day 3 - Made it, when I was at the at the grocery store yesterday I looked at, but passed up the beer section very quickly.

I did much better sleeping with out that stupid tether around my leg, today I will keep on deep cleaning the condo, putting everything away where I want them and spend a good portion of the day working on the expansion of the business we started several months ago, we missed our launch deadline by a a month, but I will have to get that back on track.

I will have to say, I do like this form of communicating, its comforting knowing there are tons out there like me, and I can reach out when I feel the need.

Goal, make it through day 3 and the holiday weekend.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:42 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bcboy View Post
Welcome to the family FreeBird!

It sounds like you have had enough of living at 50% and are ready to see just how amazing life can be when you let go.

We are all here as one big family with the goal of living life the way it was meant to be.

Glad you found us
Boy, you will never believe how many time this went through my head. Only if I would of saw the light years ago.

I always used to say, I spent my 20's partying like a rock star, spend my 30's paying for my 20's, now in my early 40's I???????
Old 05-27-2011, 06:48 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Keep talking and continue reading the BB and wonderfuk things will occur, God bless
Old 05-27-2011, 06:49 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Nice work! Keeping busy was critical for me in the first several weeks. Take it one day at a time. And be ready for a little voice in your head this weekend; it will tell you you're making too big a deal of this, everybody else is drinking this weekend, what's the harm in a drink or two? Well, it is a big deal. I for one will be grateful to be not drinking a drop. And everyone here on SR knows the harm in "a drink or two"....

Keep up the good work!
Old 05-27-2011, 06:55 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Welcome Freebird. Glad you're here.
We've all had bumps in the road...the only thing that matters is how you get over the bump and how well you can stay on the road from there on in.
I think majority rules...life does get better if you stay on course...really.

My husband (at the time) and I had a business in a building at our home, so I know the ease of continuing manic bahavior. You will be amazed at the increase in business once you are in control and focused on the prize. Good Luck. Keep us posted. Wishing you peace and strength.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:57 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Welcome Freebird! Once you make the switch from someone MAKING you quit to you actually wanting to quit..you are on your way. You sound positive. I like positive! All the best to you.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:37 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Talking Welcome to the 1st day of the rest of your life.

Welcome to SR

You are not alone our stories are very similiar.

If I can do it I have no doubt anyone can who has an honest desire.

I would suggest you waste no time in getting to an AA meeting, and reading the BB, as it describes just what you are talking about.

If you were sober before how did you do it? Did you go to any meetings?

I am glad you found SR it really has made a huge difference in my recovery

Last edited by newby1961; 05-27-2011 at 07:40 AM. Reason: spelling of course
Old 05-27-2011, 07:58 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

The last times I was sober for periods of time they were all court ordered and alcohol tether related. This time I'm willing to kick it myself and dial in the support resources that I am most comfortable with when I need them. In the past there were no resources like SR which I feel is a great way to step forward with the least amount of anxiety.

Now its day to day and letting the people that I surrounded myself with know when I feel is right, they will all support me, just wont be partying with them like I did.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:39 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

journey

Hey bro that is rough.. our stories are ALOT alike ( Im 47 and loved the wild girls...what?) and i only have 5 precious days but understand everyone here on this forum has gone through or is going through the crazy alcohol allergy just like you and that your situation CAN GET WORSE! by drinking..yikes! at the same time getting a program, treating yourself well and being done with it once and for all will show people (and the courts) that you are serious about a better way of life man. Anyone can say they want to stop but doing it is good energy and intention and will manifest in ALL areas of your life. It Gets Better..But again i only have five days so...but GOOD LUCK.. dont let all this get you down .. one hour at a time.. Good Luck to You
Old 03-19-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Wow, amazed that I still found this thread.

Quick update, sober for almost 3 years (2yrs 10 mths 26 days) Life does get better, life does change when you change your focus. After I was on here, I had a relapse and got in trouble again for my 5th dui, 4/21/12 was the day I committed to change.

Today, I have beautiful fiancee and she does not drink, have wonderful step son which we have an amazing relationship, and 3 awesome dogs. Business is great, picked up extra work teaching my profession. Moved from condo to a great home miles and miles away from my old crowd, I stay in contact, but no longer party with these folks. Now they are jealous of me because I am doing 1000 times better.

I don't focus on the next party, I focus on making my life and the people around me more rich and we are blessed.

Thanks for the ear, life does change, for me, just had to stop drinking and change my focus.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Damned inspirational, FreeBird! Thank you!
Old 03-19-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I was wondering who pulled a 2011 post. That is wonderful Freebird! So awesome! Thank you!
Old 03-19-2015, 09:06 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

haha! I was just composing some words of encouragement and then I realised what this thread was all about. Now it is you who have encouraged me! Thanks a lot Freebird!!! And well done you!!!
Old 03-19-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for this update. Means a lot to me as I'm early in the process.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

Fantastic update, FreeBird.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

That's so nice to hear. I'm at the beginning of my sobriety and these posts mean a lot.
Really happy for you :-)
Old 03-19-2015, 03:28 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad to read this FreeBird

D
Old 03-19-2015, 04:23 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

That is fantastic, Freebird! Congratulations!