Notices

The Breakfast Club - was 'Day 7'

Old 06-28-2010, 12:37 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mamm View Post
Its just passed lunch time now, beautiful day outside. Glad to hear Grace, I am sure u are starting to feel like a new person again. hope u find your mum a present. Hugsxxx
It's not lunch time...it's midnight!
Old 06-28-2010, 01:24 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

Originally Posted by mf150 View Post
It's not lunch time...it's midnight!
Ok then, what we having for a yummy midnight snack, I will just jump in my jet and be with you soon....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
will-way.jpg (25.2 KB, 40 views)
Old 06-28-2010, 01:33 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Morning all. scones with cream & jam sound good to me, whatever the time is!

Just got back from the Doctors. when I went to see him a fortnight ago, he arranged liver function tests etc, so went for the results. O.M.G they are all normal. apart from my cholesterol, which is 5.5, so even that isn't too bad! How lucky am I?

Anyway. this is just a quick one, not in work today. so looking after the babies while my daughter works, (be glad to go back in work tomorrow for a rest, not!) so it will be the park, mums & tots, the park again, the sand pit etc. etc. then tonight I'm going to a meeting. Making our evening meal now, before I pick the babies up, cheap and cheerful, chicken pasta with garlic bread!

Off now, be good to yourselves and each other. G.xx
Old 06-28-2010, 01:37 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

GOD is good! I am so happy all is well, must be a relief. GO ALMAY! she has achied 4 days sober!!! Roll on day 5. This place is just so awesome, you are all so great... Hugs xxx
Old 06-28-2010, 01:57 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Ok then, what we having for a yummy midnight snack, I will just jump in my jet and be with you soon....
That would be fun! I've never known anyone who owns their own jet. Since you'll be comming here, I'll cook you anything your heart desires!

I'll wait up for you!

lmao at the pic
Old 06-28-2010, 02:24 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Brekkie is served my dears :-)!

Great to hear how well it's going for you Grace - you are in my thoughts and prayers during this important month and I know that you will go from strength to strength!!

Big hugs to Almay, mf150 and coming clean - you are doing great and should be really proud of yourselves

Mamm; thanks for being such a rock for us all here on SR - you have really made a difference in our lives :ghug3 How are things going in 'Bafana-land' for the moment? Still enjoying the excitement of it all?

It's over 30 dgrs in Brussels all weekend so everyone's in great form over here - despite the fact that I'm stuck in an office all day ;-))

Well big hugs to you all and hope you have a great day and start to the week!

Almath
Old 06-28-2010, 02:33 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Almath,

What on earth is that? It looks good!
Old 06-28-2010, 03:16 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Heehee those are the 'scones with cream & jam' which Grace ordered earlier this morning :-) Indeed they are delish!!
Old 06-28-2010, 03:26 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mf150 View Post
Almath,

What on earth is that? It looks good!
oh yes, it looks so yummy! please send me the receipe got to try it out! MF (what a goood laugh I just had, thanks!) and if i did have a jet, we would all be having a ball! Flying from country to country to collect everybody... I hope u a good sweetie maker, I love all things nice and sweet! Almath, yesterdays game was good -- poor England.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:48 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Mamm-

I think we should put all the money we save from not drinking into a collection bin for our very own SR jet. If we can't afford the jet, we should ship the food around the world (Fed Ex, UPS, etc.). Scones are prob still good a day or two later; although, I've never tried them.

I've had jam, but I've never seen cream like that before...what does it taste like?
Old 06-28-2010, 03:57 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Good idea MF, quite difficult to explain what cream tastes like, it is very light and fluffy, a bit bitter, but when sugar is whipped into it, it is too die for... Also good for a lovely creamy coffee topping! Have a great day!
Old 06-28-2010, 03:36 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Almath, that's my diet down the pan AGAIN! Good to hear from you. Hope you are well.

Yes, poor England, Oh well, there's always Wimbledon!

You joining our breakfast club too then mf150?

Off to bed now. 22.36 here and I'm up at 06.30.

Night night. Gxx
Old 06-29-2010, 12:10 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Come on everybody, its a brand new day, think its time for a very warm breakfast, its is a awful windy, cod day out. Think im making Hot Chocolate and of course adding those sweet little marshmallows.... Are u awake yet MF? it will be brunch for you, I'll keep it warm. Have a great day all!
Old 06-29-2010, 12:50 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Come on everybody, its a brand new day, think its time for a very warm breakfast, its is a awful windy, cod day out. Think im making Hot Chocolate and of course adding those sweet little marshmallows.... Are u awake yet MF? it will be brunch for you, I'll keep it warm. Have a great day all!
LoL! it's a midnight snack for me. I just had some green tea and oatmeal with raisins.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:31 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hmmm green tea - my favourite night time tipple these days mf :-)

Hope you're all doing well - sending you some lovely freshly baked croissants and pain au chocolat from Brussels on the breakfast club jet ;-)!

Bon appétit!

Big hugs,

Almath
Old 06-29-2010, 02:49 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Shew this jet is fast... just love the chocolate! I also love the brussels baking and confectionery, if i could would just eat sweet things, never mind food!
Old 06-29-2010, 02:53 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I love this thread! Almath, thanks for the delicious treats! :ghug3

I'm going to have to share dinner or breakfast with you all, soon. Keep the jet's engines warm.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:20 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Morning all, yes breakfast club is the best!!! but not too worry MF, midnight snacks can also be really fun, creeping out our beds whilst the rest are still sleeping, oh the good old days, I think we should collect everybody in the jet, Almath you & I can bring the snacks for our trip, then meet at Grace's, start with breakfast, have a cool fun day out - pop in at Almay, at her pub for lunch and drink ''fizzy water'' - then maybe before we jet back, pop in at MF's for dinner. Hope you all have a fantastic day. Thinking of you all. Hugs xxx
Old 06-30-2010, 12:48 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Wink

Mamm,

That sounds like a great plan. I'll contribute to the jet fuel fund as well as cooking dinner...what should be on the menu? What do you all like?

btw, Day 17!!!

I think we're doing a good job!
Old 06-30-2010, 12:54 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Well i definately love hand made chips, perhaps a big greek salad? What is your favourites MF? I am sure Grace and Almath will be along shortly..... Can't wait for dinner!