Notices

The Breakfast Club - was 'Day 7'

Old 11-11-2010, 06:36 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

Hi Almath so glad you are back online <3 really missed you so, thanks for the "brunch" i was really hungry.

Ninja good to see you not glued to your computer all day, enjoy the fresh air.

Almay how are you doing?

Grace will chat later.

love Strar
xxx
Old 11-11-2010, 06:54 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  
Sobriety Date: Feb 2009

Hi, Star! Yes I have to spend more time other than computer. ^^ It is getting cooler here. Almath! Baseball season has ended this week in Japan. We have soccer and rugby season now. Ninja.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:35 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Evening everyone

I just popped in to say hello and I am so glad I did. You're all back. Whoo hoo! Well I'm 5 months tomorrow. I'm counting my sobriety in months, I've always been a bit contrary! 5 months, whoever would have thought it. Tell you what though, where the hell did I find the time to be a drunk? My life is a permanent rush.

Chris, I just love Italian food, it's my second favourite, Indian is my first. Yum yum! You are doing so well and I am proud of you. You must feel so much better and I bet your wallet is feeling the difference.

Starburst, you are my rock and even when we are not in contact every day, I know you are always there for me as I am for you. I hope and pray that your husband is on the right track now.You are always in my thoughts.

Almath, it is so, so good to see you back. I can't begin to tell you how much I missed you and your posts. You have played a big part in keeping my on the straight and narrow. I hope you are feeling much better now and being strong. You have been my inspiration through these last months.

Ninja, it's good to see you back. Hope you had a good birthday.You are doing so well

Almay, hope you are o.k. Drop in and let us know how you are doing.

Anyway, now for the goss, my son, who is a pain in the backside, went to Madrid last Sunday and is bringing his g/friend and baby son ( who is one today) back to the U.K to live next Tuesday. He has lived with us since February, but has now got a house to move into. His girlfriend is from the Dominican and has lived in Spain for about 6 yrs, however she doesn't speak any English ( that's a bit of a lie, she can say thank you and bye bye!), so fun times ahead!! I'll have to tell you all about my son one day, it's a long, long story and parts of it would make your hair stand on end. But hey!

Well anyway, we are having gale force winds here at the minute and I may not have a roof or a fence tomorrow. I'll keep you informed.

Lots of love to you all.

Be strong.

Gx
Old 11-12-2010, 08:19 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Well, good morning y'all. This week has been a real mess. Not drinking, just with life.

Nice to see all of you back. Star, I miss your poems. Grace, kick your son in the arse. Almath, nice to see you, as for you, Ninja, I think about you on Tuesday nights at my favorite Sushi bar, LOL.

I'm still counting "days" and it's day 72 today. Yeeeeeeeeeeee Hawwwwwww!

Oh, and the pizza at that Italian place, well, it has to be the best I've ever had. Blue cheese on a pizza that's a very thin crust. Crap, now I'm hungry. Especially after seeing that bucket of clams (maybe mussles or oysters?) that Almath posted.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:39 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Evening Guys, sorry dont post here to much anymore, im an addicted ''Twitter'' fan now! Chris you ROCK 72 days now more im sure - awesome! this is a short verse just for you CHRIS, Grace i hope you've got all my emails... ''Everyday I thank my lucky stars ** FOR SPECIAL PEOPLE LIKE YOU - WHO HAVE MADE MY LIFE HAVE PURPOSE & fill my heart with smiles too. Sunshine & love - ps my AH is doing so much better now, if he is drinking it is way under control and for that i am THANKFUL, praise GOD for small miracles. Almath please make yummy breakie tomorrow, luv you all xxx Star
Old 11-21-2010, 11:52 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Wow, 4 pages back, I need to post more often. Thanks for the little poem, Star. Glad to hear things are looking a little better on the home front.

Grace, Almay, Almath, Ninja, I hope all is going well with y'all, too. 81 days for me today. I've hit a few rough spots last week or two, but managed to work thru them.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all if I don't post again before then. It's going to be me and my cats, friends moved on and family is all in Arizona. Hugs to you all.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:33 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Morning all just a quick update, nothing in my life has changed much, Hubby is still in denial and smoking like a train as well. All we can do now is pray.

but on the lighter side I have you guys and ''Everyday I thank my lucky stars ** FOR SPECIAL PEOPLE LIKE YOU - WHO HAVE MADE MY LIFE HAVE PURPOSE & fill my heart with smiles too. Sunshine & love

Thanks for the email Grace, so lovely to hear from you, i am on twitter if anyone cares to join me there @mamm5

Almay how are you these days? I hope still going strong

Almath, any news for us, hows mom doing?

Chris i am sure you are doing wonderfully well, keep all the hard work up guys and enjoy the festive season...

Star xxxx
Old 12-10-2010, 02:12 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Hey there fellow clubbers,

Sorry for the lack of contact but I was away for a bit and then it's been crazily busy in the office so very difficult to logon (and probs with the PC at home...) - you are all in my thoughts and prayers as always :-).

Just passed over the 10 months point on the 7/12 without even noticing :-) Can't believe how quickly the time has flown by!! Roll on the big 1 year :-)

What are you all up to for Christmas? I'll be staying here unfortunately but will make the most of it :-)!!

Grace how are things going with you? What day/month are you on now? How are things going with your Son and his GF, etc.? Are you feeling 'strong' with the Christmas season kicking in? Had my first 'Christmas reception' this week and sailed through it thank God! Was dreading it but boy did I feel good the next morning! Plus I could remember all the conversations I had with people the following morning for a change :-). I have two more next week, plus our work Christmas lunch and then the party for our whole organisation - it'll be strange not to be drinking but I have enough 'armour' now to help me cope with it :-)

Star; I'm not on twitter but on facebook - are you on there by chance? Thanks for all your support as usual - you are our rock :-) I'm praying hard for your husband and will do the St Joseph novena for him.

Big hugs to you all,

Almath

Old 12-24-2010, 08:27 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Hello everybody

Wishing you all a merry. sober Christmas.

I meant to do this earlier but have had a very eventful, not pleasant night!

Sorry I've not popped in for ages, but had p.c problems, p.c now sorted but then had other problems. I've been was really poorly for week with a chest infection, then had a bad fall in the snow. It's been minus 14 here some days and my bathroom window has been frozen shut for weeks. Forcast for tomorrow is minus 7.

Today everything was going well. Got the turkey cooked and a big piece of ham, got the veg peeled and the gravy made. My other half has not been too well with asthma for the last week and I had to call for an ambulance at about 22.45 this evening. Got home from hospital about 30mins ago and am so tired. He is been diagnosed with pnuemonia and is really ill. I am so worried. This is my 2nd hospital Christmas, last year it was my lovely dad!

Anyway. lets have a change from the depressive news, I'm still sober, last alcoholic, diotic moment was 12/06/10. Bit nervous about the next few days but i want to do this. Can't remember my last sober Christmas!

Love you all and need your prayers right now. Almath you are on F.B, can we connect?

Gxxx
Old 12-25-2010, 10:19 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Grace, seems it was meant for me to come by and "connect" with all my wonderful, supportive family here. Jan. 1st will be 4 wonderful sober months for me. It has been a tough time at points, but with meetings, (and a sponsor that reads right thru my stupid excuses) I have made it! Yeeeeeee Haww!

You and your other half are in my prayers, special ones going right out now for the both of you. 2 years ago, my best friend was in the hospital for 6 weeks with pneumonia. I wasn't sure he would make it, but with modern medicine, he pulled thru. I was there for him even during his months long recovery. I can be here (albeit by long distance) for you as well. I'll PM you my e mail address. Anytime you need to talk. I would say Merry Christmas, but it sounds not to merry right now. Hang in there. God will provide! Love y'all!
Old 12-25-2010, 12:54 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Thank you so much Chiris, that really, really meant so much. Spent all day at the hosp and he is really poorly and I'm scared. He's in an isolation room and you have to put a mask and gown on before you can go in. Glad he's in hosp though and I'm sure they will sort it. Please p.m me your email add. I'm also on f.b if you want to connect. Hope you had a good day. Thinking of you too.1st of Jan, what a brilliant anniversary date!

Anyway, on another note, I cannot believe how many people have bought me bottles of wine for Christmas! ARGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHhh ( big scream). I am so stressed and it is the last thing I need in the house right now, when I'm alone. I've put it all in a bag and I'm giving it to my mother outlaw tomorrow!

Almath, I am so proud of you, you have been an inspiration to me all these past months. How are things going with you? I will p.m you first chance I get. xx

Star. I think about you every day and will also p.m you a.s.a.p. Even when I am not in touch often, you are in my thoughts. Hope you and your lovely girls had a great Christmas. xxx

Ninja, hows it going with you?

Almay, where are you? ARe you o.k?

Anyway I'm going to have a bath now, put my p.j's on and have a hot chocolate. The wine is waving to me but I've waved back with two fingers!!

Gxxx
Old 12-25-2010, 05:43 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Well, all I got for Xmas was $50 from my boss, and $50 from my Mom. Last year, I would have thought, "Yeee Haww! Booze money!" Now I'm thinking some warm slippers, maybe a new comforter for the bed. And a movie.

Grace, when my BFF went to the hospital his blood oxy level was 56. He should have been dead. 2 weeks of some really nasty (actually toxic to the body) stuff and he turned around. Be ready for oxygen tanks and stuff at home. All told, it was about 3 months for him to recover. Heck of a way to quit smoking!

That isolation thing is just a precaution, keep you and the other patients safe. Stay strong, he will need your help in the coming months.

Wish I could send you some sunshine, but it's been rainy and cold here for the last 10 days or so! In Southern California? "It never rains in California" You take care, I'll keep checking in here. Hugs and prayers.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:31 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Evening everyone

Where are you all?

I would like to wish you all a HAPPY, HEALTHY AND SOBER 2011.

My other half was discharged from hospital last night ( New yrs Eve) which was good. He had blood tests and chest xrays and the swine flu is out of his system, but he still has pnuemonia. He is still rather poorly, but compared to how he was one week ago, has improved quite a lot. He has lots of medication to take, anti-biotics, steroids, inhalors etc and has to blow into an oxygen meter 3 times per day. If it reads below a certain level I have to phone for an ambulance. Quite a responsibility really! However, he stuck by me during my bad spell and now this is a chance to show him how much I care.

One thing I've learnt is that stress is my trigger to drink. I got so much wine bought me for Christmas and me being home alone is not good. I wanted so very much to drink, I have to be honest. I knew I couldnt in case I got called to the hospital, but I really was tempted. I gave it all to my mother outlaw as soon as I could and to other family members. Had to get it out of my house as soon as!

Almath, I am thinking of you every day and hope all is well. Hope you had a good Christmas and hope your wishes will come true in 2011.

Star, Happy b'day and I know you are allways there for all of us.

Chris, thanks for everything.

Ninja, I hope everything is still going well with you.

Almay, I'm looking forward to you dropping in in the new year, when you are ready. xxxx

Love to you all my special friends.

Gxxx