Notices

The Breakfast Club - was 'Day 7'

Old 06-22-2010, 03:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'll win!! I can run fast!
Old 06-22-2010, 06:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You're forgetting your childhood stories. Remember the hare and the tortoise?
Old 06-23-2010, 12:31 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

Morning all, what are we on Day 11? Can't say i had a good pm, yes, YAH to victory for SA!. But can't understand what happened to AH last pm, all was going well, he left to do a few things in his workshop, came back about half an hour later and gave it to me from top to bottom, shouting at me over a small incident. Still hasn't spoken to me. I have a feeling it is because as money has been tight, i doubt he was able to drink yest. but am not sure! Well i hope you all have a better day. Thinking of you, be strong! Hugs...
Old 06-23-2010, 10:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

We're on day 11 spikeman and it's feeling good! Sod the hare and the tortoise, lets just go for it!

Sorry Mamm that your evening was spoilt last night. We always hurt the ones we love! I hope things improve soon for you.

Well, fancy England winning today, what a turn up for the books. The office is celebrating.

My last day in work today until next Tuesday. The weather is gorgeous, so hope it stays that way over the next few days, have bought some lovely plants to plant in the garden.

Oh and things have improved vastly at home. I have one month to prove how hard I am trying to beat this curse and oh I am so going to do it. My H told me he had put a deposit down on a flat and was leaving me on 16/07. We have talked and cried loads, but he is giving me a month to prove myself ( not that I;m giving up after a month, this has to be for life!). I've so much hard work to do to build up my self respect and to build up a trusting relationship again. I know you will all be there for me,as I am for you!

Just for today I will be happy. Most people are as happy as they make up their minds to be .

Hugs Gxx
Old 06-23-2010, 03:50 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good for you Grace. Keep in that frame of mind and you'll do it!

Congrats in England btw. I'm an English expat. Over here in Oz, the footy's on too late so I don't hear about it until the next day.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:44 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Well it's 04.15 and I cannot sleep. I wrote on someone's post yesterday that I've been sleeping so heavily this week, I've not even remembered my dreams! What a contradiction, my body clock is makin me out to be a lier! Not used to this warm weather, I'm so hot and the other half is snoring like a road drill! Did think about holding a pillow over his face, but I'm in enough trouble as it is. Anway, as I can't sleep I'm up and about, on my second brew, writing a food shopping list (in between reading the posts on S.R), because I am going on a big healthy eating plan.

Got my day planned. My lovely daughter is trusting me to look after our two babies today, while she is in work, so I'm taking them to the park, giving them lunch, taking them to 'mum's and tots' or 'nan's and tots' in my case, then taking them to see my mum and dad. I've bought some lovely flowers to plant in the garden and I have my shopping to do, so that's today sorted! Oh and I'm hoping to go to a meeting this evening too!

Spikeman, we are on day 12, 'Wowsers Trowsers' how about that? Good stuff isn't it. I'm in a really good mood this morning, will probably be kn*ckered by lunch time.

Take care everybody. G xxx

Just for today I will have a programme. I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it. I will save myself from two pests, hurry and indecision!
Old 06-23-2010, 11:39 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Go Grace, Go Grace, Go Grace (does a cheerleaders dance).

Is the TV in the UK still really awful at 4 in the morning?

Spikeman.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:19 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grace2 View Post
Got my day planned. My lovely daughter is trusting me to look after our two babies today, while she is in work, so I'm taking them to the park, giving them lunch, taking them to 'mum's and tots' or 'nan's and tots' in my case, then taking them to see my mum and dad. I've bought some lovely flowers to plant in the garden and I have my shopping to do, so that's today sorted! Oh and I'm hoping to go to a meeting this evening too!

Take care everybody. G xxx

Morning all this is wonderful Grace, I hope you have a super day! :

Keep going all of you, Thinking o fyou./ Hugs xxx
Old 06-24-2010, 12:33 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Morning again! Thanks for the cheerleaders dance Spikeman, I've got my pom poms out at the ready!

Don't put the t.v on at that time. I enjoy the peace and quiet. I'm not a big t.v watcher anyway.

Thanks Mamm. Thinking about you too. Hugs back! xxxx

Have a great day all and lets be strong! Just realised we are half way to Christmas! Sorry!
Old 06-24-2010, 12:44 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grace2 View Post
Morning again! Thanks for the cheerleaders dance Spikeman, I've got my pom poms out at the ready!

Don't put the t.v on at that time. I enjoy the peace and quiet. I'm not a big t.v watcher anyway.
So did you put the short skirt on as well?

I also only watch limited tv. Take some pics of the kidies and remember HAVE FUN
Old 06-24-2010, 03:19 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Dont do short skirts Mamm. Everything looks better covered up these days!

Did everything as planned today. Really busy day. It was somewhat spoilt when H came home from work. I had parked the car not too straight. but not too bad. He came in and asked if I had been drinking as the car was parked badly and said my eyes were glassy! Just gutted. I haven't touched a drop and there is none in the house. Nearing the end of day 12 now. He asked me three times during this evening if I was sure I was o.k. Then when I was in the kitchen washing the dishes I dropped a blo*dy plate and smashed it. He came running in, watching my every move. Suppose I have to expect this! It's made me feel really paranoid! Other than that the day's been good!
Old 06-25-2010, 01:12 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi Grace, was only joking about the short skirt, i wouldnt either. Well you know some days we just have butter fingers, i can go through one day and everything i touch just seems to slip out of my hand. I do find that if my sugar levels are low, i am more careless, perhaps you need to snack more.

So Spikeman are you with us on DAY 12!!! Yipee, it is Friday, I hope you all behave well over the week end.

Have a blessed and wonderful day.

Hugsxxxx
Old 06-25-2010, 02:12 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Morning All. Day 13 is here and a beautiful, sunny one it is. Spikeman, I hope you are still in the running for this race. Forgot to ask, what part of the U.K are you from?

Got another busy day planned, cleaning, gardening and planting. Just going to have another brew before I start! Must remember today to park straight and not to drop anything!

Went to a meeting last night, but I didn't enjoy it at all and left half way through. It was just so crowded, there must have been approx 150 people there. I didn't realise alcoholism was so popular! ( probably not the correct term to use) I much prefer the smaller meetings, so I will stick with them. Got one tonight and then on Sunday lunch time.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:39 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

hey mamm...

i'm sorry we kicked ur ass with soccer

holland rules...

congrats on ur day 7, same here!
Old 06-25-2010, 02:51 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Morning Grace. I didnt know you lived in England. So do I - London. Just wanted to say a big congrats on being sober. I hope I can do as well as you. Still on day one and hoping.xx
Old 06-25-2010, 02:52 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by coming_clean View Post
hey mamm...

i'm sorry we kicked ur ass with soccer

holland rules...

congrats on ur day 7, same here!
Good for you! I don't really mind who wins, it is all fair game. But i am pleased we did get two goals on our last match, it was awesome. Anyway i am quite partial to Holland... my friends are Dutch. So I hope you win! (if we can't)
Old 06-26-2010, 02:21 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Morning everyone and what a beautiful, sunny one it is!

Two weeks today
Da da da da daaaaa
Twoo weeks today
da da da da da!

Hi Almay, good to hear from you, hope you made it through day one. Yes I'm English born and bred. I'm in Warrington, Cheshire, sort of in the middle between Manchester and Liverpool!

Bit tired this morning as I was woken up by the N.F.H (neighbours from Hell) at stupid o clock. Think they were all trying to murder each other, going by the screams. Then at 02.00 a.m they decided it would be a good idea to sit in the back garden and carry it on from there. I was very tempted to go out and put the hose pipe on them, but we have a bit of a draught here at the min and are threatened with hose pipe bans from next week,so I thought I'd better conserve some! Anyway the entertainment value was gripping, 10/10!!

Speak to you all later. Going into town now. Be good to yourselves and to others too.
G.xx
Old 06-27-2010, 03:30 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Morning to you all!

Here comes day 15! Feeling good and sleeping well ( like the living dead!)

This is a quick one as nipping into town now to buy my lovely mum a birthday present for Wednesday. No idea what to get her!

Speak later hopefully.

Lots of love.Gxx
Old 06-27-2010, 04:51 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Its just passed lunch time now, beautiful day outside. Glad to hear Grace, I am sure u are starting to feel like a new person again. hope u find your mum a present. Hugsxxx
Old 06-27-2010, 11:59 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Morning to you all, is today Day 16? the time is just flying by. Hope you are also doing well Spikeman? The coffee is hot, scones with cream and jam this am. Have a wonderful day. Thinking of You. Almay _ Day 4? Hugs xxx