Notices

Day 1

Old 03-01-2010, 07:09 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Mrs

Originally Posted by mjohn View Post
C'mon, Tribal, you can do it. And don't let any set backs get in the way of your ultimate goal. If I can you can. Take my word, it gets easier after it sucks. Tonight will be my 8th...and it's much easier than my third.

Hang in there.
Hi Mjohn,
I made it last night without drinking . Saturday night was not good. I took my sleeping meds. Then decided I would sip on a coulple of shots of rum.(Couple of shots wont hurt.RIGHT?) Then I started thinking about this man that I like that will stop by every couple of months and spend the night and act like he's crazy about me. then I wont hear from him again for a coulple of months. I can text him something simple like"how are ya" and he wont even respond or some times he does. Well, Sat night I text message him and let him have it. Next time he wants booty call find someone else. So, sunday I depressed about it and today I am starting over.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:21 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Tribal; no more depressed about someone who isn't worth your time and effort! Think about YOU! you are doing this for YOU...his game is not what you want is it?

congrats for starting over, i wish you the best.

mjohn, we are ALL reaching higher ground every day!
Old 03-01-2010, 09:45 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Tribal: Like Fandy wrote, don't waste your time and energy on someone who doesn't appreciate you. Screw it. Life's too short. Move on into this new life you are aspiring for...throw out the trash.

You can do this.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:07 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Did feel good not to wake up with a hangover. I am suppose to go to and all ladies aa meeting tonight at someones house. To be honest with you I am dreading it. I would rather stay home and watch tv.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:13 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Tribal: I have never felt better. Or, rather, I haven't felt this way in a long time. And it's not just no more hangovers...it's everything. I wake up well rested, as it was meant to be. So different from waking up from passing out. It's almost like a sleep hangover...that good, groggy, I-just-slept-like-a-log feeling.

As scary as your meeting may be, I bet if you do go you'd regret having stayed home. If you want this, and it seems you do, I would accept the scary side of the unknown, because, quite frankly, that's what's necessary to do in order to make progress.

M.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:08 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hey MJ
Thank you so much for your post...it sounds a lot like me! I finally got sick and tired of being sick and tired; I had all the excuses to keep drinking & using, like I still have my house and marriage and car, etc etc, but it had just become a full-time job to keep myself supplied and to hide how much I was doing! And to try and figure out what I had done or said the night before.

Thank you so much for sharing and reminding me what it was like. Would love to hear how you are doing! Remember to stay connected.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:29 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Mrs

Tribal: I have never felt better. Or, rather, I haven't felt this way in a long time. And it's not just no more hangovers...it's everything. I wake up well rested, as it was meant to be. So different from waking up from passing out. It's almost like a sleep hangover...that good, groggy, I-just-slept-like-a-log feeling.

As scary as your meeting may be, I bet if you do go you'd regret having stayed home. If you want this, and it seems you do, I would accept the scary side of the unknown, because, quite frankly, that's what's necessary to do in order to make progress.

M.
I have finally got to the point that I can rap my head around th idea that I don't have to drink every night. I love to drink while I watch tv. I was thinking maybe I should stop watching tv. Then I thought how I would miss it. Then I relised that I can never remember what I watch anyway.Thank you for your support. You really do encourage me. I'm not drinking tonight.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:52 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Good for you, Tribal. Seems you really want to make a change, as difficult and confusing as it is. Frustrating even. I'm just a rookie here, and from reading other people's stories, it's amazing how in fact it only gets better and better. Just remember that changes are just that...you'll need to compromise. As a result, though, you should reward yourself. After all, it's not punishment. It's a decision, your decision, and, unlike other decisions, this one needs reinforcement. So treat yourself from time to time, especially when you have urges - eat a brownie, buy shoes, whatever. Just don't forget about you.

Bottom line, though, is that change, especially the kind you want, doesn't come easy. But if you want it, it won't be as hard as you think.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:41 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Mrs

Good for you, Tribal. Seems you really want to make a change, as difficult and confusing as it is. Frustrating even. I'm just a rookie here, and from reading other people's stories, it's amazing how in fact it only gets better and better. Just remember that changes are just that...you'll need to compromise. As a result, though, you should reward yourself. After all, it's not punishment. It's a decision, your decision, and, unlike other decisions, this one needs reinforcement. So treat yourself from time to time, especially when you have urges - eat a brownie, buy shoes, whatever. Just don't forget about you.

Bottom line, though, is that change, especially the kind you want, doesn't come easy. But if you want it, it won't be as hard as you think.
Hi Mjohn,
I did make it last night without drinking. I feel great !!
Old 03-02-2010, 04:46 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Nice job, Tribal. Now take the way you feel right now and carry it through another night.

I hit double digit days tomorrow...maybe I'll get drunk to celebrate. Ha ha.

It really does only get better.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:45 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Well, Mjohn,
I have gone sun and mon night without drinking and plan on going tonight. My workouts are a lot better when I don't drink. I'm about to go take a yoga class and then a weight workout. Hopefully I can squeeze in some cardio. I don't seem to be having the craving like I was before. Hopefully they will stay gone. That's my biggest battle. Although, It feels funny at night without that giant glass of rum and coke sitting next to me.