Notices

What was your early sobriety like?

Old 02-21-2009, 02:57 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Oh La Dita...

I'd like to explain some facts to you.

Firstly, Your thread yesterday named " Embarrassing Stories From Your Drinking Days" wasn't something I thought was very helpful to you or anyone else especially when you were one day into your sobriety. I suggested that it might prove more advantageous to stay in the solution, instead of the problem. As I remember I was not the only one that had posted the same thoughts. What I posted to you was not belittling and was not for the purpose of patting myself on the back. In fact you posted after that 'on second thought, you're right". Which is it La Dita?

As far as " then finding it perfectly acceptable to show up on my next thread and try to run the show" That is also incorrect. For the very reason I suggested that you steer yourself into the solution and not stay in the problem, I posted in support of your new thread and offered my experience, strength and hope, which IS the SOLE purpose of this forum.

I see a lot of excuses and victimization and cherry picking what you want to hear and from which members you want to hear it from and twisting what was actually said to fit within your reality. This is not the express purpose of Sober Recovery. Maybe you should go back to your Embarrassing Stories thread and re read what was actually said and for what purpose.

Thanks to all of you that showed support to me. Classical, Flutter, Uglyeyes, Babboozel, Coffeenut, Horselover (who was the first to speak) tryingsohard.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:06 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I take back my previous post,
Old 02-21-2009, 03:12 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

full of fear........feeling as if i had no control over taking the next drink

Feeling like a beer was hiding behind the sofa waiting for everyone to go out and then it was gonna pour itself down my throat....

it got better pretty quickly.......AA excepted me back with open arms and a solution to my dilema.

The solution was always there i just didnt want to see it..

I thought i was beyond help.......to be fair many people thought i was beyond help...

id used up every other option and escape route........thank god i did......
Old 02-21-2009, 03:27 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

It took me about a week to get over the initial physical symptoms of detoxing, the sweats, shakes, aches, puffyness and general flu like symtoms. The insomnia lasted a lot longer and I am still struggling with it. I was paranoid, angry, depressed, over emmotional and neurotic for the first few weeks. These feelings have gradually diminished and I have had quite a few moments of peace and small periods of happiness. The ups and downs have continued though but hopefully this will improve. I also have gone through a relationship break up so I've had to deal with all of that too so this hasn't been the happiness time in my life. I'm just trying to stay with the feelings as they say and hoping that everything will improve as I slowly start to rebuild my life. All I know at the momemt is that I never want to go back to being drunk and detoxing ever again, it was total hell. It has all been 100% worth it to stay sober/clean