Notices

What's good today?

Old 12-26-2008, 02:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

What's good today?

I dont know about the rest of you. But I need to remind myself ALOT of what is good in my life.
I get too caught up in what is wrong...I forget how blessed I really am and how much worse it can always get.
So maybe some of you will join me in coming here everyday or even every other day. And tell us at least one thing that is good.
Everyone has something.
Hope its ok to start this here. If it doesnt take off..Then Anna can just move or delete. You can anyway..Cause your the mod..LOL..

Ok..Today..I feel alot better. I had the worst past 3 days I have experienced in awhile. I got extra hours at work, took a nice nap when I got home. And just drank some good warm broth.

Ok..Who's next?
Old 12-26-2008, 03:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~miss nikky~

for the first time in a long time ive realised this morning that every day im sharing from myself in all totally honest ways, ive been doin this for quite a long time now too.
im stoked too that even though im totally broke after xmas i have woken up today anyou know what?
i dont care cos i have all my needs met, i have a multitrip ticket for the bus so i can get out of the house when i wish to an get to meetings an social functions, and in saying that i now realise that i have lost my social phobias an the desire to be shockingly anti social also

thankyou chiy for this thread
so pleased your feeling better
Old 12-26-2008, 03:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Whats good for me today is that i am sober.

all the rest is getting better, but it is absolutely major that I am not drunk today.

(there is more...this is just on my mind alot today)
Old 12-26-2008, 03:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I posted on "looking for housing" on craigslist an hour ago and already have several leads.

I'm going to a great AA meeting tonight and although I am feeling cruddy, I'm not too sick to go.

I am warm and fed.

I'm SOBER.

Last edited by SelfSeeking; 12-26-2008 at 03:13 PM. Reason: forgot most important thing!
Old 12-26-2008, 03:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I dont care if you farted and felt better..If its good..Lets hear it.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chiynita View Post

I GOT MY MUSIC BACK!!!!

I knew there was something in my life I had been missing and it was listening to music. I never got a chance because the tv is on to something and there wasn't a way to do it. I got an MP3 player and I am soooooo happy right now. Started up the music thread here again. Right now listening to one of my favorite bands - Crosby, Stills and Nash (Judy Blue Eyes). Life is good once again.

Friend here at SR has forgiven me and that's made my day too!

Yeah today pretty much rocks!!
Old 12-26-2008, 03:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

I felt comfortable in my own skin, no chemicals required. I can't remember when I last felt like that.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
OK Trish. I farted and it felt good.

j/k. My fiance gave my son a little book called "The History of Farting". Too funny.

In Feb. of 2005 I felt like my life was over, I had no idea how to live life without alcohol. It was like a story that ended but the ending hadn't been written yet. I knew without a doubt though that I could never drink again and that I had to do the deal in AA if I wanted to live.

Yesterday I was with my children, my fiance, and my future stepdaughter and step-granddaughter. We laughed, loved, and enjoyed the day thoroughly.

To me, that's just an incredible miracle.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

You want the actual audio?

I fart every day...and then I feel better, but I just don't like smelling them, especially ones not produced by me...

Anyways...

Today it was my humor that I enjoyed having. Cracking jokes at work made it easier to deal…
Old 12-26-2008, 03:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It is good that this is not smell a vision.

I owned up to a bold face eye to eye lie to my sponsor about an hour ago.

feel really good right now
Old 12-26-2008, 04:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
You want the actual audio?

I fart every day...and then I feel better, but I just don't like smelling them, especially ones not produced by me...

Anyways...

Today it was my humor that I enjoyed having. Cracking jokes at work made it easier to deal…
I was actually thinking of you when I wrote that. Seriously..LMAO.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

A few years ago, I spent a cold Christmas, holed up in a motel room, with my now XABF, smoking crack.

Yesterday, I spent it with my dad, stepmom and 15-year-old niece and it was great. Today, the 15-year-old and I went to my stepsisters, and we got to see my 19-year-old and 3-year-old nephews, and 8-year-old niece. My BIL even asked ME to talk to the 19-year-old about making wise career choices. Nothing like watching an 8-year-old playing Twister to make you laugh

Good thread, ((Trish))

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-26-2008, 05:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

What's good today is that I can rejoice in something I witnessed yesterday.

Because haven't had a drink or drug in over three years now, I can be fully present in the moment. I can go to family get togethers and not have to be anxious to leave so I can go and bump or get high.

Yesterday during our Christmas I got to witness my brother (my only sibling) propose to his lady! He got down on his knee and gave her a ring in the middle of the livingroom right in front of our parents and myself and her three small children (ages 8,7 and 4)

We all cried tears of joy and hugged and hugged! It was grand!

Now there will be a wedding! Now the kids will officially be my nieces and nephew (they were already calling me "aunt") And now our folks will officially be grandma and grandpa!

The proposal happened yesterday, only today Im relishing the experience of having been a part of it!

This is good today,
Missy
Old 12-26-2008, 05:16 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

What is good about today? Christmas is over. It was not a good holiday for me. I did not enjoy shopping. We have 4 feet of snow and its hard to get around. I felt bad because my kids are older and the "toys" are more expensive and so that means less under the tree. Fortunately, they did not seem to mind. We played Wii all day yesterday and it was so relaxing. My father in law wrote a biography about my mother in law that passed away 16 years ago and I helped with the pictures (another stress over the holidays) and I laid on the couch until midnight reading it. We also babysat my father in laws 4 month old puppy over night....which reminds me I don't want another dog...but I got to sleep in until 6:30 when the dog decided it was time to get up. Thank goodness Christmas is over. I have plans to do it completely different next year.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:19 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Oh yea, another good thing is waking up to my husband farting in the morning and so i know I can do it too!
Old 12-26-2008, 05:24 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

What's good today was going to my first counseling session.

Another good thing today was blowing gift certificates at Target on completely fun and useless STUFF he he

OH and my husband told me today that he is going to reorganize his schedule to be around more (he sells cars, often works 8am to 9pm most days a week), he is proposing more of an 8-5 shift like I work to his General Manager tomorrow, I'm so proud of him, even if it doesn't work out.. this is the first big form of support he's shown lately. Well.. that and I think he wants to work less hours anyways ha ha

Good thread!!!
Old 12-26-2008, 05:26 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Today, I am thankful for my beautiful kids. Sometimes (well, alot of times) I find myself wishing the bath would go faster, or they would just listen to what I tell them, without any lip, but then I realize that the older I get, the faster time flies. I don't want to be here in 20 years thinking," I should have been nicer, I should have screamed less.
So today, I will remember that one day, I'm going to miss this. Slow down, take your time. All we have is right now.
Thanks for listening.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:36 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kduker View Post
Today, I am thankful for my beautiful kids. Sometimes (well, alot of times) I find myself wishing the bath would go faster, or they would just listen to what I tell them, without any lip, but then I realize that the older I get, the faster time flies. I don't want to be here in 20 years thinking," I should have been nicer, I should have screamed less.
So today, I will remember that one day, I'm going to miss this. Slow down, take your time. All we have is right now.
Thanks for listening.

I have moments liek that too with my lil cousins..Soemtimes I would like to shove em out the door. Most of the time they really just remind me of how simple and grand life can be.
I learn alot from them. And patience is a huge one.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I got these vibrating heated slipper foot massager things from my aunt for Christmas.
Grams came up with the great idea of hooking them up under my desk, since this is where I am alot. Man ..I love these things. They are all soft and fuzzy and warm and buzzing the aches away.
Good call aunty.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:53 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

This is my 6,000th post..WOW!!!