View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 02:57 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
gerryP

Oh La Dita...

I'd like to explain some facts to you.

Firstly, Your thread yesterday named " Embarrassing Stories From Your Drinking Days" wasn't something I thought was very helpful to you or anyone else especially when you were one day into your sobriety. I suggested that it might prove more advantageous to stay in the solution, instead of the problem. As I remember I was not the only one that had posted the same thoughts. What I posted to you was not belittling and was not for the purpose of patting myself on the back. In fact you posted after that 'on second thought, you're right". Which is it La Dita?

As far as " then finding it perfectly acceptable to show up on my next thread and try to run the show" That is also incorrect. For the very reason I suggested that you steer yourself into the solution and not stay in the problem, I posted in support of your new thread and offered my experience, strength and hope, which IS the SOLE purpose of this forum.

I see a lot of excuses and victimization and cherry picking what you want to hear and from which members you want to hear it from and twisting what was actually said to fit within your reality. This is not the express purpose of Sober Recovery. Maybe you should go back to your Embarrassing Stories thread and re read what was actually said and for what purpose.

Thanks to all of you that showed support to me. Classical, Flutter, Uglyeyes, Babboozel, Coffeenut, Horselover (who was the first to speak) tryingsohard.