Notices

Whats really up with T2? Well, its not good.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:57 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dancinggirl View Post
OP...welcome to our day three. You enjoying it as much as I am?!
Yeah, Im enjoying it. Its a good day.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:09 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TTOSBT View Post
Yeah!!! T2S, you are doing this thing! Congrats on the 8 hours sleep, I know how great that must feel. Have fun in the yard. (Yeah I know, but it is the best I could come up with )
Have a wonderful day!!
Thank you. Still working on getting motivated for the yard thing. Soon as I finish eating my Pizza.

Last edited by Time2Surrender; 07-15-2008 at 10:25 AM.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:01 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
BTW I used to date men in recovery but then when the relationship ended I couldn't go to 'their' meeting anymore (lest one of us feel uncomfortable) and finally my sponsor told me to lay off, or I wouldn't have any meetings left!
Quit dating chicks in the rooms, Mike!
My biggest weakness. Those who know me know. I really try. Just like today. Went to a noon meeting. Nobody there that I've dated. Got to chatting with a girl afterwards. Wound up giving out my phone #. My sponsor is going to have a cow when he finds out. Maybe I need Mens meetings? Cause I keep meeting Women. Funny part is I look like crap. Been told I have a Charisma about me. Whatever that means?
Old 07-15-2008, 03:27 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Your right. It damn sure wouldnt be good for me right now.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:30 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Im finally working on my yard

Where do I begin? The Weed Eater lasted 5 minutes and broke. I did get the front mowed. These are my "Before" pics. I will post pics when Im done.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:51 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

nice house

D
Old 07-15-2008, 04:31 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
nice house

D
Thanks. It can be. When I get a little more time I will tell you guys about my plans with the house. ( Hoping to move across the river to Vancouver, Wa) For now, I have a lotta work to do. The yard is a mess. I worked on it a while today. Managed to mow the front yard. Its really hot though. I was sweatin like a pig. Probably good for me. Then theres the inside........ A complete disaster. Thats what Im workin on right now. Dishes are stacked, garbage everywhere, a mess. I have my work cut out for me. I will keep chipping away at it til my meeting tonight. Im pretty much trying to get in a routine. Go to bed at a decent hour and get up in the morning. Work around the house, hit a noon meeting, work around the house some more, and another meeting. Hopefully I can get with my sponsor this weekend for step work. Next week I will probably have to look for work. Not trying to overwelm myself. Just taking it a day at a time. But, I do need a job. Anyway, I guess Im doing OK for day three. Thanks for all the support. It really means a lot to me.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:45 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Yes, I think the sweating helps to get the toxins out, but do not forget to replenish with more water, please.

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you..........................however, if need be, so you don't get discouraged, just concentrate on one 8 foot square at a time, whether inside the house or out. Doesn't seem so OVERWHELMING then and you will be amazed at how much you get done in a short time.

Remember also to take 'breaks' from whatever you are doing and not just when you go to a meeting. Work a 1/2 hour and then take a break, drink some juice, water, etc. and remember to eat something also. Your body has been abused badly these last few months and needs time to heal.

I am so glad to see you posting your more 'positive' look on things now. That too will help you in your recovery.

Take care, my prayers are with you.

Love and hugs,
Old 07-15-2008, 04:55 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Thanks. I defineatly feel better than I did Sunday. I think thats when I started this thread. I've come clean with a lotta people. Mainly my poor Mother. It feels good to be here and be able to share all this. Feels good to be back at meetings. Seen people at meetings I havent seen in months. As for my work around the house? Im working a while and taking breaks. Yeah, its going to take a while. Im not in very good shape. Only lasted a couple hours riding yesterday. My legs were sore today. And I really did take it easy for the most part. Just really outta shape. But, I HAVE THREE DAYS!!!!!!! Thats what blows me away. One day I will be able to come back and read through this thread. I dont wanna forget how I felt a couple days ago cause I dont ever wanna feel like that again. Good part is.... I dont have to ever again.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:13 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 3. Every day we don't drink or use is a huge accomplishment!

I think men's meetings are a GRAND idea!!

See ya on day 4
Old 07-15-2008, 05:15 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

As for my stalkers? I still cant help but wonder when I look below and see "Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread" and see a guest. Is it one of my Ex GFs? Should I even care? Probably not. This is life or death for me. The support I get from this site is a huge part of my recovery. Very huge. There is a member of another recovery forum who I have known for a few years. Never met the guy, but he is a close friend. (Many of you know Dan) I posted something Saturday or Sunday and he called me. I didnt recognize the # and figured it was a bill collector. Thank God I answered the call. Havent talked to the guy in over a year. Words cant express what one phone call did for me. That one phone call led to me making a vow to myself to finally get clean and stay clean. It inspired me to start this thread. That one phone call very likely saved my life. He is now calling me on a daily basis. The replies and support I recieved in this thread sealed the deal. If it wasnt for you guys I wouldnt have three days. And as I stated in the beginning, death would have been inevitable for me. I was defineatly dying. You guys have played a major role in saving my life. Last night I looked at the first page and saw all the people who thanked me after my first post. I was in tears as I am again now. Tears of sadness and happiness. But, they are also tears of relief. I am still alive and today I am clean. Nine months of hell is finally over.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:26 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, definitely tears of relief, Mike.

I'm so glad that you're feeling more positive and that you are here with us.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:30 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

The last few months I can crash after a binge of being up for days and wake up not knowing what day it is? Is it 8:30 in the AM or 8:30 PM? I actually have to turn on the TV to figure it out.
I remember that.

Thank GOD they don't play NFL at 7:00 am, huh?
Wow.
If they had -
I'd never have known to show up for work or not.
Mine was just drinking though.

heavy reminder, there.

Those pics remind me of the great trip I took to OR to meet and greet friends from the 'net back... ok, a while ago. at least ten years. Started in Merlin, OR ... and went all the way up the coast to Astoria.
Blackberries thick as your thumb.

I'm glad you've come back, T2.

Small suggestion -

men's meetings

the odds are good ... the goods are odd.
otherwise, I mean.
And the other saying -
Don't fish in yer own pond and don't hunt your own woods.

I'm glad you're not dead, T2.

welcome back.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:33 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I still have a nice juicer. Costs over $100. (Pawn shop wouldnt take it) Anyway, Im sitting here drinking my first juice since I got clean. Carrots, Apples, Brocolli, Celery, and Kiwi's. Then its off to another meeting.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:29 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

"I've learned; I come to know,
There's life at both ends"

Sounds like that is where you are at right now; you have seen the good and the bad and you are always learning and growing. So maybe think of all this as another learning experience in the pursuit of life at the good end.

I am amazed at all the support here for you - I feel some of it rubbing off and helping me too!

Take it easy!

Dave
Old 07-15-2008, 09:37 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

men's meetings
the odds are good ... the goods are odd.
otherwise, I mean.
And the other saying -
Don't fish in yer own pond and don't hunt your own woods.
or the one about if you put your hand into a bag of nuts, what do you expect to pull out....

D
Old 07-15-2008, 11:00 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Exellent meeting tonight. I will come back after I watch my show. "The Cleaner" Pilot Episode on A&E starts now! Been waiting a while to watch this.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:08 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

CRAP!! I missed the Cleaner and was waiting for it for weeks now. grrrr.........let me know how it was.

and congrats - you sound so much better.....
Old 07-16-2008, 12:16 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Klynn33 View Post
CRAP!! I missed the Cleaner and was waiting for it for weeks now. grrrr.........let me know how it was.

and congrats - you sound so much better.....
It was really good. They will be showing it again.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:18 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Heres what happened at the meeting tonight. I posted this over in C.I.R. If you can, listen to this song as you read my post. YouTube - I Saw God Today - George Strait Long story short. Had two and half years clean. Last September I went back out. Nine months later here I am on day three. Gonna be day four in a couple minutes. During the nine months I was out I pretty much lost everything. My friends, a business, and anything of monetary value my health hanging by a thread. Its been nine months of pure hell. During that nine months I turned my back on God. I cursed him. Tonight at a meeting I was called on to share. Didnt really want to, but I did. I mentioned pretty much what I just said here and then some. Today having three days clean and being unemployed with everything gone and all the financial wreckage from my nine month binge I am not worried about it. All that matters is another day clean. God will provide me with what I need. After the meeting another member approached me. "Excuse me, are you a Painter? "Yes I am" I replied. She said she was in a bind having a house she needed to put on the market. She needed a Painter right away." Wow. Thank you God. She asked if I could follow her to her house and take a look. Sure. I was so blown away on this painting job. Something I needed desperately. On the way there, we were at a traffic light. I wish I had a camera. I looked out my window and saw the most awesome Red Sunset I have ever seen. I didnt want the light to change. George Straight "I saw God today" came to mind.
"stood there for a minute takin' the sky
lost in that sunset
a splash of amber melted in the shades of red
Yes, I truly believe I saw God today. Thanks for reading. And now I am into day four. Tommorow I will be over there painting. I have been a Painter for over 25 years. She will be getting my best work. After all, I am actually Painting this house for God.