Notices

Whats really up with T2? Well, its not good.

Old 07-20-2008, 05:28 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

I'm thrilled to see you are doing well, Mike. Your opening post scared me. I want to thank you for sharing your story. Reading this thread has filled my heart with joy and gratitude, joy for being sober today, and gratitude for reminding me of what it could be like. I'm glad that you made the choice to get sober. I'm also glad for the opportunity to lift one another up when we are down. Sharing your story has lifted my spirits. I needed that today, thanks.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:35 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Im working hard on my 4th step. In another 30 mins or so I will be heading out to my fav meeting and probably my new home group. I feel pretty good for the most part. I have a lot going for me. I have an excellent sponsor and some good friends. The business may be gone for now, but I can get it rolling again someday. Its just not a priority for me at this time. I will be moving soon, but its a good thing. Finally getting a place in the country. I am very excited about it too. I will miss my friends and I will miss riding at Browns Camp. But, its cool. This has been my dream for years.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:36 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LosingmyMisery View Post
I'm thrilled to see you are doing well, Mike. Your opening post scared me. I want to thank you for sharing your story. Reading this thread has filled my heart with joy and gratitude, joy for being sober today, and gratitude for reminding me of what it could be like. I'm glad that you made the choice to get sober. I'm also glad for the opportunity to lift one another up when we are down. Sharing your story has lifted my spirits. I needed that today, thanks.
Thanks.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:22 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Wow, this is a wonderful thread!

I haven't been on much over the past few weeks . . . recently went back to work and getting used to it again and making sure I get plenty of rest so I don't risk a flare up of my Lupus. (Which by the way can be very serious) But enough about me.

I've sat and read through this entire thread this evening and I feel grateful to be able to read an honest account of one's struggles coming back.

Thanks so much for this thread, Mike.

God Bless!

Old 07-20-2008, 09:46 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Thanks serenityqueen. I hope I can inspire newcomers, other members or guests here at SoberRecovery to choose the path of recovery or simply to stick with it if they are already on that road. Things have changed a lot for me in just 8 days and I have just begun. Just got home from my meeting tonight and stopped by my Sponsors on the way home. Not only am I calling him daily (sometimes several times a day) , I pretty much go by his house once a day. Especially on "Pork Chop" night which was last night. He also said he is going to register here. I hope he does. He has a lot to offer. Meetings are going great for me. Tonight was my 10th meeting in the last 8 days. The warm welcome and support I am getting in meetings really helps cause I surely cant do this alone. Cool part is.............. I dont have to.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:44 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Horselover View Post
Hey Time2 - You belong on that machine!! Loved your utube video. Stay sober and keep riding - Life is a highway and I want to ride it all night long . . .
Heres one more for you. I love to ride, thats pretty obvious. But, I also really enjoy editing and making my videos. Video camera is long gone. Pawn Shop. Evenually I will get another. All in due time. I have lots of ideas for new videos, plus this time Im getting a helmet cam too. In the meantime I just have my old videos. Also, Im sure you guys know, but after 4:45 in this video.... Its NOT me. . Its Caleb Moore at DuneFest last summer. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kO7pwVvGfCc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kO7pwVvGfCc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 07-21-2008, 05:33 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AW2486 View Post
This was our course: We realized that the people who wronged us were perhaps spiritually sick. Though we did not like their symptoms and the way these disturbed us, they, like ourselves, were sick too. We asked God to help us show them the same tolerance, pity, and patience that we would cheerfully grant a sick friend. When a person offended we said to ourselves, "This is a sick man. How can I be helpful to him? God save me from being angry. Thy will be done"

Taken from Alcoholics Anonymous 1st Edition
Still having a hard time here. Probably the hardest 4th step I have ever done. What does help a little is......Out of the 6 people on my list for now. (trust me the list will be much more than 6 as I continue my step work) I will owe amends to 3 of them. I defineatly played a part. Anyhow, its day 9 today!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2008, 05:56 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Smile

Thanks for the new/old video. I enjoyed watching it, as did my 5 year old. I think you may be giving the kid ideas. He has one of those little kid 4 wheelers and he loves driving that around our property while the dog chases him on it.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:03 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Glad to see you are still doing good Mike.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:50 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Time to change the name of this thread:
"What's really up with T2? It's FABULOUS news!!!".
Old 07-21-2008, 10:04 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dancinggirl View Post
Time to change the name of this thread:
"What's really up with T2? It's FABULOUS news!!!".
I thought about that. Actually, I will probably keep this thread going a while so I can come back and read my progress and so can others to hopefully find inspiration to get and stay clean/sober themselves. When this thread hits 500 posts I will have to make a part 2. When I do that I will make a few adjustments on the title. Anyway, day 9 is coming to a close. It was an intresting day to say the least. Also, to ne honest it was probably the hardest of my 9 days. But, I made it through.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:05 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Horselover View Post
Thanks for the new/old video. I enjoyed watching it, as did my 5 year old. I think you may be giving the kid ideas. He has one of those little kid 4 wheelers and he loves driving that around our property while the dog chases him on it.
Now, thats some video or photos I would like to see. Post some if you can.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:08 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Okay, T2...now it's 10 days

I'm glad you're keeping this thread going. I'm struggling a bit right now. Don't want to use (thank God) but financial consequences are biting me in the a$$ and I'm finding it hard to keep my head above water.

However, reading your posts reminds me of why recovery is so important. Even though using isn't an option, I have to remember the REST of my recovery....put one foot in front of the other, keep doing the right thing, and have faith. That's what I'm struggling with, but darned if you haven't given me a little boost of enthusiasm for recovery again!

Thanks!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 07-22-2008, 07:02 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Hey T2S...just a thought...but I saw the picture of you and your sponsor and noticed a woman in the back of the picture. Is that at an AA meeting? 'cause I, personally, would flip my lid if there was a picture of me at an AA meeting posted on this site.

All the best to you!
Old 07-22-2008, 09:39 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dancinggirl View Post
Hey T2S...just a thought...but I saw the picture of you and your sponsor and noticed a woman in the back of the picture. Is that at an AA meeting? 'cause I, personally, would flip my lid if there was a picture of me at an AA meeting posted on this site.

All the best to you!
So would many other people. Yes, that was at an NA meeting. I know the girl sitting in the back and she doesnt mind. I would never jepordize or violate anyones anonymity. There was actually probably close to 100 people in that meeting.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:52 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Wow, I swear I must be the luckiest guy in the world. I have another paint job that I been trying to line up the last few days. The guy just called. I will be starting on it towards the end of the week. Thank you God
Old 07-31-2008, 09:02 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Wow. 19 days now. Amazing how much different I feel today. One day at a time folks.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:37 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Hi Mike!

I just posted on your other thread, but now it's 20 days!!!

Keep it up, you are doing awesome!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 08-01-2008, 06:20 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Mike,

I know this is hard, but you're such a great example of recovery in action. Happy day 20~
Old 08-01-2008, 08:20 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. Yes, its now day 20.