Notices

Whats really up with T2? Well, its not good.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:40 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Its day two.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:28 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

((((T2)))) and (((Vic)))

Glad you are both here, and have new clean dates.

I also want to thank both of you, for reminding me to stay vigilent in my recovery. My DOC was crack, too, and I don't ever want to go back to that again.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 07-14-2008, 03:10 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi T2,
I'm Mike in Boston. I've gained quite a bit reading your posts over the past couple of years. I'm glad you're trying so hard to make it back. I can relate to your love of riding quads. When I was still drinking, and doing crack at times, I'd get all bummed out about baseball. I had played in high school, college, semi-pro and every time I'd pass a ball park I'd feel a pang of regret and remorse. Once I wrote "ONE MORE SEASON" on my wall when drunk. I got sober and played one more season. Granted it wasn't at the level I had played previously, but it was baseball!! Made the league All-Star team, too. Then I broke my arm throwing an overhand curve to a college boy. But... I played!!! (Maybe I shouldda rethought my proirities - no baseball at 42? Nah- shouldda thrown the high heat! My 52 mph fastball!)

Hang in there, T2 I used to love the pictures of you on the quad and look forward to seeing some in the near future. Keep thinking of riding, think about the steps, think sobriety.... and please keep posting. You've helped this old - well 48 - drunk in Boston. I'm sure you've helped tons of others. You are the man! Keep posting, thanks for the help in the past, and let us know what's up.
Mike in Boston
Old 07-14-2008, 03:55 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

day 2!!!!!

Old 07-14-2008, 04:05 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Have a good, wonderful, grateful Day 2 and just remember that this can be your last Day 2 ever!!!!

Much love,
Kellye
Old 07-14-2008, 04:09 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cathy31 View Post
day 2!!!!!

Thanks Cathy. Yes it is. Still sleeping mostly. I wake up every couple hrs. Eat a little more, try and watch a little TV but cant really get into it, then come to the computer for a few. Today I plan on doing things around the house. Like actually cleaning. Maybe mowing my 3ft grass so the city will leave me alone. And tonight a meeting. Who knows, may even hit the noon meeting too.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:11 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I decided to go riding today. Havent been in a few weeks.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:43 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

WOW! I'll bet it feels GREAT to ride today!
Stalkers aside, , you have many fans and friends here!

hugs,
live
Old 07-14-2008, 09:45 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hey Time2 - You belong on that machine!! Loved your utube video. Stay sober and keep riding - Life is a highway and I want to ride it all night long . . .
Old 07-14-2008, 10:05 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

(((((((mike))))))))))))
(((((((((((vic))))))))))))

Welcome home to your clean selfs again!
Day 2 is HUGE!

Stay strong + keep first things first. I'm really glad you called your sponsor again and came here letting us know where you're at. It will keep getting better after the detox, and please. Stay aware of anything that you might need a doctor for while you do detox.

Looking forward to reading more of how its going...
Old 07-14-2008, 10:19 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Stay Strong on Day Two Guys!
Old 07-14-2008, 12:12 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Mike)))

Congratulations on two counts:
Day two, and
Coming clean with us so that you can continue to get clean!
We're only as sick as our secrets, right?

Mike, when I met you and Eddie and Trish and DonS and Bill in NY City, it was so exciting!
You planned that event, Mike. It was your baby, conceived as a result of your sobriety.
That was the SoberRecovery 1st Annual Round Up, remember?
We never had another...I think that's a shame, really. We had a special bond for a time. For me, it's still there; you will all remain in my heart....

Trish is gone. Don's gone back out, but, is back in recovery, getting help from the VA. Eddie doesn't play here anymore, but, I'd love to hear from her again. I wonder how she's doing. Neither does Bill, though I do hear from him once in a blue moon. He sends me his jokes, lol! And you are now struggling with your sobriety again. Please be sure to do anything it takes, Mike. I know Trish is waiting for us all, but, I don't think she wants us there before our time. You still have much to give.

And, perhaps there's another SR Round Up to come.
We may have lost the pics in the big crash, but, heck, we can take more, ya know!

Mike, I love you, man....
Be well.
Keep posting and let us know how you're doing.
We care...

Shalom, my friend....shalom!
Old 07-14-2008, 01:36 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

It felt good to get out in the Forest and ride around and breathe fresh air. I rode for two hours. Worked up a sweat and got a little exercise. Took a few pix with my camera phone. Also set it on some rocks and used the timer to get a couple shots of me. I look like crap these days but I guess that will pass as I get healthy again.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:37 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Old 07-14-2008, 01:38 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Old 07-14-2008, 01:40 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Old 07-14-2008, 01:41 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I just love the woods in the Northwest, I spend hours exploring them. The Cascades, the Olympics, and my mom's family is in Portland, so I've spent a lot of time in Oregon too. I doubt there are better forests anywhere in the world.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:48 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by felly79 View Post
I just love the woods in the Northwest, I spend hours exploring them. The Cascades, the Olympics, and my mom's family is in Portland, so I've spent a lot of time in Oregon too. I doubt there are better forests anywhere in the world.
Me too. I love it here. My favorite is off Hwy 101 up in the Olympic Pennisula. Last time I went through there we stopped in Forks, Wa and met 2dayzmuse for coffee. REally nice girl. Is she still around here at SR?
Old 07-14-2008, 01:58 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi Mike and Vic, so glad you made it back just keep it simple meetings, members, sponsor and HP.

Thinking of you both

Kevin
Old 07-14-2008, 02:00 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by Time2Surrender View Post
Took a few pix with my camera phone. Also set it on some rocks and used the timer to get a couple shots of me. I look like crap these days but I guess that will pass as I get healthy again.
Wow, you do look pretty crappy (just kiddin' ya, please forgive my sick humor Mike), sorta like a sponsee I have in AA who always slips with alcohol and finishes up with crack. Thank you for inspiring me yet again, and for showing me that nobody is impervious to a relapse, I'm no more bulletproof than anyone else.

Mike, when I joined SR late in 2006 I used to look at your ATV post every day, those pics gave me so much inspiration to get back to the outdoors even more than I already was. It was so good to see someone else in recovery enjoying being outdoors, playing and getting dirty. Some of those videos were really cool to watch too. I'm thrilled to see these recent pics of you and the beautiful woods you get to play in.

I really hope you stick with it this time. The replies to this thread are proof of the impact you have on others in recovery. You've obviously touched so many lives with your service to SR as a greeter. Maybe you'll be around here for many years to come?

I know many of us are praying for a safe detox. And BTW, thanks for that Odd Rods post last week. What a blast from the past that was, I really love sharing that stuff with other people in recovery.