Notices

Bottoms Up, Folks!?!

Old 10-06-2007, 12:10 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
let it grow!

oh, that's great that your daughter is coming, how fun! where does she come down from? is it far?

have a wonderful visit, and don't forget to order dessert!

hugs, k
Old 10-06-2007, 12:11 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Originally Posted by gypsy tears View Post
I'm part Polish... don't hold it against me .
hey gyps - my husband's dad is 100% polish and his mom is 100% polish. so i assume that makes my husband 200% polish?

Old 10-06-2007, 01:56 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

I had a sneaking suspicion, but didn't want to get my hopes up! At 11:30 today, in walks my daughter, followed by Son John, and granddaughter! Of course, like the ninny that I am, I lost it. But, what a wonderful visit we had. We did order Italian...I had a veal parm sandwich and antipasto...I have enough left-over for dinner. Daughter made the most delicious pecan-flavored cupcakes with creamy white icing...delish!

My daughter has lost 100 lbs since the gastric-bypass...she is so beautiful. My son looks wonderful at 8 months clean and sober. He's starting to work on Wednesday as a fork-lift operator in a Jantzen swimwear warehouse. It's the first legitimate job he's had in over three years!

Life is indeed good, my friends!
Old 10-07-2007, 08:27 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

It's a beautiful day here at the Jersey Shore...more like Summer than Fall with 80 degree temps. I think the Columbus Day Parade is scheduled for today.

Old 10-07-2007, 08:43 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
let it grow!

ha! i love all your pics and graphics! summer here in the midwest too...

i love a parade! hugs, k
Old 10-07-2007, 09:58 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Pics and graphics are my life! Well...a big, happy part of it, since I found out how to use the pc and surf the web for all kinds of interesting things.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:02 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

My roommate is eccentric, to say the least...causing all kinds of problems with the aides, too. I'm just trying to keep my distance...do my thing...live and let live, you know.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:10 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
let it grow!

do you spend a lot of time in the room, jersey, or are you out of there a lot of the day?

i always felt kind of sorry for the folks who had to share rooms with my dad - he had dementia pretty bad the last few years, and he was a goofy roommate for sure he'd always take everyone else's glasses. they say that's a real issue..glasses and teeth are hard to keep straight?

my grandma lived in a nursing home for several years. she refused to let anyone stay in her room. even once a family member she liked from the resident next door to her asked if she could sleep in her extra bed while they watched closely over their loved one sick and my grandma said NO. my mom and her siblings paid extra money every month so she could live without a roommate. my grandma was the queen of everything ...
Old 10-10-2007, 04:54 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Old 10-11-2007, 09:08 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Been MIA for a bit...it's been hectic here. Aside from being slightly eccentric (which I was managing to overlook), my roommate has been filling her daughter's head with lies and playing the "victim" card. Says her daughter worries too much...well, I guess so, if you're phoning her to say the aide let you fall, left you in a dirty diaper all day, didn't answer your call bell for an hour; and, another aide was so busy playing on my computer that she ignored her when she needed to be changed!

For two days the daughter was calling the nurses in this unit, plus the unit from which the mother was transferred...she had been there for six months, which is unusual in itself, but had also been getting privileged treatment because the daughter and the nurse on that wing graduated from high school together. I guess she expected to be catered to here, too; but, they don't have the staff nor time to do anything but basic care...which is more than adequate.

What she didn't know is she singled out two of my regular aides who just happen to be two of the best on the entire unit, and I wasn't about to have them maliciously maligned. I finally had enough and went to the Director of Nursing and Social Worker to set them straight.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:35 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Good For You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nursing is so hard and caring for others may come first, but ppl do get bitter and it does end up showing in thier care of others as well as their self....................... I was hoping that when I came back to your thread I would find you settled with someone who is compatable to you, I am so glad to hear about your children as well as your grandchild are doing well...............And I am so very glad that you are doing good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2007, 10:15 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Jerzy007

Glad to hear that all is well with your family Jersey Nonny!! ITs great to hear that your son is staying clean and moving on up. Your patience and tolerance with your roomate is admirable, My resentment would take over in that position lol
Old 10-11-2007, 10:29 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Jerzy007

I smile because...i have no idea whats goin on...Luv it parentcovers!! I smile all the time for no reason and a female co-worker who i really like asked me yesterday, J why are you smiling all the time, I said that it was because of a chemical imbalance and she started crackin up!!
Old 10-11-2007, 10:42 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Hmmmmmn...I'm always a bit suspicious of anyone who smiles all the time...maybe it's just that I want to be let in on the joke!
Old 10-11-2007, 10:50 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Jerzy007

Its a gift and a curse..lol
Old 10-12-2007, 09:35 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

The latest is that the roommate's bloodwork came up "funky", so they took her to the hospital yesterday afternoon. Maybe there's a physical reason for her being bundled up in three blankets, jacket, and babushka in 70 - 80 degree temps. But, she's also either delusional or a master at manipulation. She's not back yet, and it was nice and quiet last night. With any luck, she'll wind up back in the unit she transferred from, which I think is what she's aiming for.

It's a beautiful, sunny, but windy day...maybe I'll get out in the courtyard later on.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:25 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

It's chilly and windy with light rain here today, Rae. Winter is officially near.

Enjoy the sunshine!
Old 10-12-2007, 10:28 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Ro Ro DONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
not ready yet:praying
Old 10-12-2007, 11:04 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Originally Posted by WLDKATZ View Post
Ro Ro DONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
not ready yet:praying
Me neither! I am never ready for winter! Well, maybe if I don't have to go out in it, and just sit by the window and watch the flakes fall. And, it's been several years since I've been at The Shore in the winter. The only time I enjoy snow is on Christmas Eve...the rest of the year...UGH! With a Bah, Humbug, too!
Old 10-13-2007, 10:38 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Fall is on its way, for sure! I woke up in the middle of the night...my nose was cold...had to call the aide for a sheet blanket, and to turn the heat on...just to take the chill off the room...brrrrrr!

Have finished the sun-catchers I'm going to give the little kids for Christmas...next, I'll work on the stuffed animals that go in small canvas bags...I'll personalize each of the bags for the three girls and five boys. Not costing anything, since I've gotten the materials from the Activities Dept. Just a labor of love, and something to remember me by.

I'm making a Fall/Halloween diorama to display in the Activities Room. The Maintenance Director saved three pieces of styrofoam for the base...got colored paper from Activities...one of the gals went outside with me just now to pick up colored leaves (for the "ground covering", small flat stones (for the walkway), and three twigs (for the trees). One of the pieces of foam cuts beautifully for a "picket fence". I plan to make a small house, graveyard headstones, a couple of black cats on the fence, pumpkins in the yard, a haystack, witch flying from tree to tree, ghost dangling from a branch, and a swing hanging on a tree branch. Sound cool!?!

In December, I'll transform it to a Winter/Christmas scene.

Wish me luck.