Notices

Bottoms Up, Folks!?!

Old 09-20-2007, 03:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

What'd I say to ya before, crybaby! Go cry urself to sleep in ur wee pillow!
Old 09-20-2007, 05:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Aw, pshaw!!! I asked her if she'd rather be a and she's still a big cry-baby! I thought chocolate would make her feel better...it does me...guess there's just no pleasing her.

K's a little tattle tale!
Old 09-20-2007, 05:05 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Pass one of those this way Rae ... I promise not to cry until they're all gone.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:15 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I remember when I sobered up for like 6 months before and I would cry for no apparent reason. I felt like an idiot. I don't remember how long it took but I'm so afraid of it happening again. I'm just so happy right now with my four days sober and I know I won't drink today, but I know it will happen and I need to prepare myself for it when it does. One thing I know I have is SR and all the wonderful people here who continouisly reach out a hand to me, and that feels good. I know that I have some resources to use if things get that way. I am trying to mentally prepare myself for the worst because the fact of the matter is that the world is out there and so are the temptations and that little voice in my head saying, " come on, just have a couple ".

As long as I stay around wierdos like these people, I think I'm out of my head. So if he's talking to me in my head, No one's home leave a message at the beep.
feeling sad is something I've dealt with for a long, long time. The only thing is I dealt with it through drinking and drugs.

It never worked. of all the times I've tried, it never did.

So now I'm trying a different route. I just don't want to hurt the way it did last time I cried for no reason. Because even though there was no reason, It can be the most painful thing in the world
Old 09-21-2007, 06:32 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
let it grow!

great post, loomer - you seem like a real honest guy.

jersey - morning!

row -
Old 09-21-2007, 06:38 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Old 09-21-2007, 06:39 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
let it grow!

ha! a taste of my own medicine........
Old 09-21-2007, 10:47 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

As long as I stay around wierdos like these people
Hey, rloomer...you're not calling us wierdos, are you? I mean...we are...but, geeze!!!

When I first started sharing at closed meetings, everytime it came around to me, and I said, "My name is Rae, and I'm an alcoholic," I would burst into tears. Not sure why...was it relief? sadness? regret? Anyway, it wore off after a couple of weeks.

When I first came to this nursing home, I cried every day...not much, but enough so they had the psychotherapist come to see me. The thing was, I didn't feel I belonged here with all these dementia patients. What I told the psych doc was that there were a lot of people here who could use her help, but I wasn't one of them. "Go help someone who really needs you."

Hang in there, rl...better a little bit nutty sober than a whole lot nutty drunk.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:25 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Originally Posted by Jersey Nonny View Post
Hang in there, rl...better a little bit nutty sober than a whole lot nutty drunk.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:43 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

WOW! A sudden spurt in readership/activity on the board! Is everyone home from work?

Clean and sober weekend, everyone!
Old 09-21-2007, 12:44 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
believer

You too! take care!
Old 09-21-2007, 02:00 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
let it grow!

take good care of yourself, jersey.

signed,

ding dong
Old 09-22-2007, 08:17 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Hope you're all having a good day...hope mine is better than yesterday.

Just when I least expected it, SENSITIVITY reared its ugly head again...and, I even shed a couple of tears...hate when that happens!

My roommate for the past six months has been Regina, a sweet 99-year-old, who has become a "fall threat". So, she's been "wired for sound"...both on the wheelchair and bed. The alarms keep going off all night long...keeping both of us awake. There's much more to the story, since I've seen a lot of neglect...and, she doesn't have the wherewithall to speak for herself...so, I've been interceding on her behalf.

I came back from lunch yesterday, and all of her belongings were cleared out of the room. I panicked...thinking she had either been moved to Applewood (the dementia unit), or she had passed away! I hurried to the nurse's station and was told, "Her daughter requested a room change." No further explanation. As Regina was being wheeled past our room to her new one, I heard the nurse say, "You didn't do anything wrong, Regina...you're not being punished." Imagine!

I managed to speak to the Social Worker, told her how upsetting the situation was, and felt it was not handled well by not telling either of us what was going on. The SW said the daughter did sit down and tell her, but Regina obviously had forgotten. So, why wasn't I informed of the move? The daughter specifically requested that I not be! Did she feel I was being "too observant/concerned", and making her look like a neglectful daughter? Whatever she was thinking...my feelings were hurt!

It took the rest of the day processing this, talking to my aide, my sister and niece, to get over it. Actually, it's all for the best...I won't have to be sleeping with one eye open, afraid she'll be trying to climb out of the bed...won't have to ring during the night for help...won't have to be worried that she's not being taken care of properly, etc., etc., etc.

I've met the woman who will probably be moving in with me...and, I think I'm going to be much better off. She's closer to my age and has all her mental faculties. But, as far as Regina is concerned, if I had it to do all over again, I would do the same...there's no way I could ignore neglect (bordering on patient abuse) and not speak up. So much for sensitivity!

Today will be a good day...I'm going to make it so.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:24 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi Rae,

My feelings would have been hurt, too!

I hope that your new roommate is a good fit for you both.

BTW I would never ignore neglect either.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

Row
Old 09-22-2007, 08:48 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
let it grow!

jersey.........................

Old 09-22-2007, 08:56 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Between the baby stuff and the sober stuff I cant quit crying, now I am off of the xanax, can't take most of my meds due to the baby, quit pills ,alcohol,weed and coke all at the same time, dts were nothing it is me getting to crying then all of the muscles tense back up and I am another friggin muscle spasm from head to toe I am trying not to smoke, mind you I made my last pack last 5 days ( can you say ew stale?) But the crying and mood swongs are what is killing me!!! I wish they would go away!!! Day 104 and I just wish there was something to make the physical side of my recovery get better!!!!
Old 09-22-2007, 09:37 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Ohhhhh...you need a 90 day pin!

And, this is what is said when it's being presented:

The dot in the middle is you.
If you keep God (the letter G) in one hand and AA (the letters AA) in the other hand, you won't have a hand to pick up a drink.
Pretty neat, huh. This is the story behind the pins:

The idea and design of an AA pin was dreamed up by a New Jersey member who had 100 run off by hand and presented them to friends in the movement and to all sincere incoming members of his group. That was about 1945. Eventually, the supply ran out, but the idea of an AA pin intrigued members everywhere, and the demand for more persisted.
So the design was copyrighted, and distribution of the pins was undertaken by the AlAnon Association, 384 Seventh Ave., Newark, NJ, which is comprised exclusively of members of Alcoholics Anonymous in good standing in their respective groups. Next, a custom was started among many groups of presenting a pin to each member as he or she achieved three months of continued sobriety. In a little ceremony, the group chairman made the presentation or the sponsor, at the start of the meeting with the admonition to "Wear It With Honor." This means, simply, that in case of a "slip" the member is honor bound to leave off wearing the pin until he or she has again achieved three months of unbroken sobriety

The manufacture and distribution of the pin is entirely in the hands of AA's
I'm proud to know the pin originated in my home state, and continue to be distributed through my hometown of Newark. Awesome.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:53 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jersey Nonny View Post
Ohhhhh...you need a 90 day pin!

And, this is what is said when it's being presented:

Pretty neat, huh. This is the story behind the pins:

I'm proud to know the pin originated in my home state, and continue to be distributed through my hometown of Newark. Awesome.

thats kind of cool......
Old 09-22-2007, 09:56 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

WLDKATZ...I don't have the pleasure of knowing you...so, I have to ask...

can't take most of my meds due to the baby,
Does that mean you're expecting, or already given birth? Either way, I would imagine the hormones are all over the place...add early sobriety (I'm guessing)...and, you must be a walking powder keg of raw emotions!

Give yourself a lot of credit...and, I'm sure, as was often told to me, "This, too, shall pass." It just takes time...but be patient. If you have a good doctor (one who is knowledgable about alcoholism/drug addiction), rely heavily on him to help you through.

I also hope you're going to AA and/or NA meetings...preferrably women's groups where you'll get a lot of understanding and support. In the meantime, you always have us "sensitive types" here at SR. Hang tough!!!
Old 09-23-2007, 08:51 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Sunday morning...and not a cloud in sight...no tears either...

How about you folks?