View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 09:08 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Jersey Nonny
Old & Sober Member of AA

Been MIA for a bit...it's been hectic here. Aside from being slightly eccentric (which I was managing to overlook), my roommate has been filling her daughter's head with lies and playing the "victim" card. Says her daughter worries too much...well, I guess so, if you're phoning her to say the aide let you fall, left you in a dirty diaper all day, didn't answer your call bell for an hour; and, another aide was so busy playing on my computer that she ignored her when she needed to be changed!

For two days the daughter was calling the nurses in this unit, plus the unit from which the mother was transferred...she had been there for six months, which is unusual in itself, but had also been getting privileged treatment because the daughter and the nurse on that wing graduated from high school together. I guess she expected to be catered to here, too; but, they don't have the staff nor time to do anything but basic care...which is more than adequate.

What she didn't know is she singled out two of my regular aides who just happen to be two of the best on the entire unit, and I wasn't about to have them maliciously maligned. I finally had enough and went to the Director of Nursing and Social Worker to set them straight.