Notices

Hands Across The Time Zones...Part 6

Old 08-17-2007, 02:52 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi Stone . I think Penguin is in California, but I'm not sure where.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:03 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hi everyone......

Stone I am in California......a little place far away from the city life.....lots of wild animals around to enjoy and one California Mission in my backyard . And of course lots of Paths to Hike on around here with the warm days.....Mission La Perisima is here where I live.......and Mission Santa Ynez is 20 minutes away near Solvang California......I go there to enjoy it as well......

Enough of all that......Glad you asked were I was....

Today I am here just for the moment......Little One getting ready for school as we have the teacher and room number....along with the stuff we need to bring..........

Have a good day and talk to you all later................Today going to be HOT.....will go for that earl morning walk while cool.....

Little Penguin
Old 08-18-2007, 11:05 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Absolutely perfect day at the Jersey Shore!!! It will be Labor Day before we know it!!!
Old 08-18-2007, 11:11 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

That sounds beautiful Penguin, I love the countryside.

Whats Labor Day Nonny? Something to do with unions/mafia?

Hi gypsy, a pleasure as always.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:12 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Greetings from Across the Pond!

Originally Posted by stone View Post
I think I should say hi again as I am in a different time zone.

I notice you two are both in Joisy lol. How about you Penguin, another jersey person?
Yes, I noticed the UK! It should be about 8:00 pm there now, I think. BTW...we Jerseyans get a bad rap...I've never personally known anyone who pronounced the "er" sound as "oi"...how about you gypsy?
Old 08-18-2007, 11:49 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

I only said it cos gypsy has said it to me Nonny!

Its 7.50pm now btw, we are 5 hours ahead of you.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:33 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Oh, that gypsy...just because she's in "Sopranoland", she thinks she can talk like one of them.

I guess when we go back an hour in the fall, we'll be six hours difference again.

Whats Labor Day Nonny? Something to do with unions/mafia?
Uh, Oh...another stereotype...nothing to do with the mafia, stone. This is what I found on-line:

Labor Day is a national legal holiday that is over 100 years old. Over the years, it has evolved from a purely labor union celebration into a general "last fling of summer" festival.
It grew out of a celebration and parade in honor of the working class by the Knights of Labor in 1882 in New York. In 1884, the Knights held a large parade in New York City celebrating the working class. The parade was held on the first Monday in September. The Knights passed a resolution to hold all future parades on the same day, designated by them as Labor Day.
As our Memorial Day marks the "official" beginning of summer for us, Labor Day marks the end of summer.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:45 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

We go back an hour in autumn too Nonny.

Thanks for the info, I dont suppose a mafia day would be appropriate really.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:25 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Not ready to think of the fall and other things......but I do have to consider working on Christmas things for the family.......projects are never ending around here .............

I am one of those that does christmas shopping in the summer time to avoid the crowds and last minute shoppers..........can't handle so many people at one time.....and some are soooooo rude......

Well I am off to finish the backyard stepping stones to create another patio affect under the treehouse.........nice area and the new pup keeps digging tunnels under the tree.....so to prevent the tree from coming down I am covering the dogs play area..........and making it a picnic area to enjoy all year round................NICE........

Little Penguin
Old 08-19-2007, 09:53 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Rae of course I don't speak like that... don't know anyone that does except my extended "family" up in Nort Joisy. I was just kidding with Stone (who could be sleepin wit da fishes if he don't knock it awf). I imagine he talks like Ozzy Osbourne.

Labor Day... end of summer <sigh>. Not looking foward to it. Kids will be back to school and we have a "schedule" & things that must be done as opposed to lazing around all summer.

I do not even want to start thinking about Christmas. I'm one of the ones that does wait until almost last minute to shop. I've scaled down quite a bit from my Martha Stewart days of canning pickles and making homemade gifts. More expensive, but a little less stress.

Pengiun your backyard sounds lovely!
Old 08-19-2007, 09:57 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Sounds nice Penguin!

You have already sent me pictures of dead sharks gypsy!
Old 08-19-2007, 10:00 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Let that be a warning stone.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:08 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Sis is picking me up about 3:30 today...the whole fam- damily is going to a friend's house for a backyard dinner. Just hope the weather holds...looks kinda iffy right now.

I used to always have all my Christmas shopping done by now. Then, when I became disabled and couldn't get out to shop, I did it all on-line. This year, I'm making little arts and crafts things for the little girls...and, I'll have to figure something out for the older boys...probably $5. each. It really stinks not being able to do the things I've been used to. Well, it's the thought that counts, after all.

I imagine he talks like Ozzy Osbourne.
I'm a big Ozzy fan! Have you ever seen the Sopranos, stone? Although we don't have a "maffia day", it was "maffia night" for a huge portion of the population who never missed an episode. I really miss that show...a lot of it was filmed very near where I used to live.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:26 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Italian on Sundays during Sopranos season Rae .

The weather isn't too nice here right now. Looks like rain . Hopefully it holds out for you and the picnic Rae.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:22 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Gypsy Tears
I imagine he talks like Ozzy Osbourne.
nah Stone's a Scouser - from Liverpool. More like the Beatles (pick yer favorite LOL)

another Sopranos fan here. was always on after midnight here in Australia tho. Still, gonna miss it...

D
Old 08-19-2007, 03:24 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Ahhh...the best laid plans of mice and men, etc. We were "rained out"; but, my niece brought me some chicken parm and macaroni. It's been pretty nasty since noontime...I've just been hanging out on the pc playing games. Sundays here are lousy, since there are no activities...I guess they count on visitors to keep us occupied.

"Badda-Bing...Badda-Boom"
Old 08-20-2007, 07:50 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Everyone is having too much fun......

I am holding out the best I can and having fun with doing what I can to make my backyard beautiful.........back holding out for now and I am glad and thankful for that.................

Thinking about you all while you are doing other things.........

We are still having fires around here that haven't stopped in the last two months..........it still rages past Santa Barbara, Ventura, Ojia and moving more South......here in California.....What a summer We have had.....................Pray the winter isn't too bad for us and all the damage the fire has done...............

Thinking about you all as the days are better here than what the Rain is doing away from California...................

Little Penguin
Old 08-20-2007, 12:52 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Sorry about all those terrible fires, penguin! Looks like Hurrican Dean is kicking up a fuss in a good portion of the U.S. For some reason, we always feel the effects along the Jersey Shore, too...it's been cool, windy, and stormy all day...supposed to be all week.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:29 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

You would not believe this......WE HAVE A FIRE GOING HERE IN THE HILLS CLOSE BY.......So far 250 Ac. burned and only 50% contained.......Hubby drove through it before the road got closed.....only one other way out of here in this little town......But we are doing ok and kinda watching where it goes......Took some pictures from my house.......Very Large Plum of smoke to see .........and all the bombers dropping the red stuff to put the fire out.................This started just after 1pm Monday......

Anyway I am staying close to home today till all is out with the fire...............

Other that that I wish you all a good day and talk to you later...........

Little Penguin
Old 08-21-2007, 09:43 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
not a greeter

That's scary penguin. Prayers that you and your family stay safe and fire-proof. I wish I could send this rain we're having your way...

Shopping for some school clothes for the kids. I think I should take along some aspirin... I feel a headache coming on .