Notices

Hands Across The Time Zones...Part 6

Old 08-03-2007, 10:14 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jersey Nonny View Post
Michael...how good to "hear" from you. Sadly, there are only a very few regular HATZ'ers posting. But, we'll keep the thread going as long as possible. Don't have to worry anymore that it gets too long and has to be closed by one of the admins...usually CarolD.

It used to be such fun when folks were dropping in daily from all the different time zones. Ah, well.

Do let us know when you are Stateside again.
Thanks for the help. Can't say I'm feeling too good right now, but tomorrow's another day.

Cheers.

Michael
Old 08-03-2007, 10:20 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Originally Posted by BeamMeUpScotty View Post
Thanks for the help. Can't say I'm feeling too good right now, but tomorrow's another day.

Cheers.

Michael
You know you are always in my thoughts and prayers...I will do some double-time praying that you can get back on track again. Don't like to think of you drinking and feeling crummy...you're too good for that.

I know it's difficult "over there"; but, are you making any meetings at all? PLEASE get back to basics as soon as you can. In the meantime, at least keep in touch via SR.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:57 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hey... what am I... chopped liver lol?

Hi Michael... don't know you well but I know enough to tell you to listen to Rae lol.

Hey Penguin... Happy Belated Birthday . Thinking of you.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:00 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Need lots of prayers for just little ol me.........Doc found a couple buldging discs that didn 't go away two years ago and not there is an annular tear added to this mess in my back.........NO WONDER I'm still having trouble walking ........Not that I am real heavy or something.......................

Other than that I am holding out ok for now..............

Little Penguin
Old 08-03-2007, 01:04 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Penguin. Pain is pain no matter what your body type. What did the doctor say could be done... anything???
Old 08-03-2007, 01:07 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Didn't say anything just yet.......just to see someone else.....that won't happen till Aug. 16th......

For now I just put up with all this as I have for years............just grin and bear it..........and bite the bullet...

Little Penguin
Old 08-04-2007, 06:47 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Aug. 16 is right around the corner... be here before you know it Penguin. Hang in till then . Maybe this new doc will have some better news or something for you.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:48 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Hey... what am I... chopped liver lol?
Funny you should ask, gypsy! My Sis knows how bored I am with the food here...so, she brought me a pound of chopped liver, a loaf of Jewish rye bread, and some kosher pickles...do you know how much a pound is...I ate for three nights!!! I was craving chopped liver...but, enough is enough!!!

I was sitting outside enjoying the warmth of the sun on my face when I saw another Joisey thing...and wished I was sitting on the beach watching the planes fly overhead with their advertisement signs...like this...

Nothing worse than foot or back pain, penguin...unless it's a toothache! I have two disintegrated discs and finally went to a chiropractor about 35 years ago...after being in traction for 10 days, lots of pain meds...nothing worked, until the chiropractor. I've been OK ever since, and I am heavy! I know most md's don't recommend chiropractic; but, when they started talking about "fusing", I said, "No way!" My theory is try anything before going under the knife.

BTW...I just had an unsettling revelation while sitting in the dining room at lunchtime. There were about 40 patients there, and I counted only five who had all their faculties. The other 20 from my unit were not "capable" of going to the dining room with the others...so five out of sixty. I'm awfully glad dementia isn't contagious, but it doesn't leave two many for me to converse with. I guess that's why I spend so much time on-line.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:52 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Thanks for the words of advise from you all.....

I am hanging in there the best I can for now.......One day at a time for me.....I can do this.....

Looking for some good books to read while I finish my writing assignment.....need to get it going and turned in by the end of the month....sort of behind right now............OOPS....

Little Penguin
Old 08-07-2007, 07:02 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Looking to make another day a recovery day for me.............Need to get all the Hugs I can for now........

Feeling low and need the support.............need Docs to tell me there is an easy answer to getting my back to normal...........

Thinking about you all........................Little Penguin
Old 08-08-2007, 06:40 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Anyone around to say how their day is going....?

I am here for now and need lots of prayers for my little family..........tough times going on and God needs to take over the emotions at this point.....

I am hanging in there for the moment and praying that things iron out for the better...........depression taking over at some point and that isn't good....

Thinking about you all today........

LIttle Penguin
Old 08-08-2007, 08:24 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi Penguin and everyone else that posts or reads here .

Sorry for your pain... hopefully the docs can get it straightened out. Chronic pain is difficult to live with I know.

You asked how my day was? It's not yet noon and the kids are just now waking up. Except for the youngest, he's been up since 5am! So breakfast is at lunchtime around here today lol. It's so hot and humid out but they don't want to go to the pool today because their favorite lifeguard is off. Go figure! So I'm just going to do things around the house and hope they don't kill each other. But the day isn't over so with luck they'll change their minds (about the pool AND killing each other).
Old 08-08-2007, 10:06 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Awwww, penguin...why do bad things happen to good people? Wish you could get some relief already!

Yup! We're having our usual Jersey August...but, at least I'm able to get outside in the courtyard...and, I love it. I actually have some color from sitting in the sun a few minutes a day.

Yesterday, my Sis came and took me out for a two-hour tour of the Jersey Shore... at least in this immediate area. I came back with a sausage sandwich, lemonade, and zeppoles from the Seaside Beach board walk.

We're having a watermelon social at 2:30...yee-hah!!! Catch you all later.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:17 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Sounds fun Rae. I love going to Slea-side for the people watching .
Old 08-09-2007, 10:29 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Oh, don't get me started on the impatience and intolerance of the patients for each other! Sadly, the ones who are so quick to criticize and ridicule don't realize how bad they are themselves! I have to try to bite my tongue because it doesn't do any good to point it out to them.

I'm having a bit of a "meltdown" today. I don't think I will ever consider this my "home"...it's just a place I have to stay because I have nowhere else to go! As nursing homes go, it's supposed to be one of the best in the area...but, I hate not having my own place...and, practically everything I owned is gone. It might as well have gone up in flames! I wish I could feel some kind of gratitude...maybe tomorrow...but, today I just feel pissed off!
Old 08-09-2007, 05:22 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hey Rae . Do you still have my cell #? You can give me a call during the daytime and vent if you need to. I'm not all that far away!
Old 08-10-2007, 06:06 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hi Rae, gypsy tears and all you sleepy heads........

I am doing ok and just hanging in there..........found out my reg. Doc is on vacation and will get back to me after he gets back.......

Don't care......have been doing the best I can for now......I can still walk and that is important to me for now................Took my kid and one dog out for a long walk .....did ok and came bacl tp rest.........

I take one day at a time......all I can do for now...........

Did all the tests I need to for now to help me.......The Docs are the ones that now need to discuss what the results are and we can go from there.......................

Hope you all are doing ok for today.......I am off to get my shower in and get things going to get kid to the pool for lessons.......Have to walk around the corner for a friend to drive us...........................I miss having my car to myself sooooo much.......hopefully after this month I will have my car back and H. can drive own.......................Little Penguin
Old 08-10-2007, 06:19 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Awww Penguin... hugs. You sound kinda down. Hopefully the docs can figure something out!

No swimming here today. It is pouring and will be all day the weather says. Lovely gloomy day. I hate going for my walk in the rain so I won't be doing that... and there's no yoga class either!

Maybe I can get the kids to finish their summer homework assignments. Yeah right!
Old 08-10-2007, 06:29 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I will be ok......yea....I am sort of depressed....Nothing I can't handle...........

Swimming here is indoors ...Thanks to our little town....Very little town............and the water is warm.........

Will get some swimming in while my kid goes back to school and I know what the Docs suggest for me.......Hopefully no surgery....... I am thinking some swimming for my threapy........YEA......

The day has started at 4am for me and now the sun is sort of out behind the clouds.........need to go and get my shower in and get little one up for swimming class..............up to level 4 now and that is good.............just hope and pray the teacher does her job to improve the swimming...........

Little Penguin
Old 08-10-2007, 06:35 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Swimming is supposed to be good therapy for all kinds of things. Sounds good .

No indoor pool here. Not much of anything. Very, very small town (less that 950). Just the elementary school and the post office. We don't even have police. Anyway, my kids are like little fishes in the water so we don't do lessons. With 4 kids probably couldn't afford it anyway. Have fun at the lesson Penguin .