Notices

Hands Across The Time Zones...Part 6

Old 07-21-2007, 10:51 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Another beautiful week-end...so far, the summer has been great. I'm so glad for the folks at the Jersey Shore who depend on this for their livelihood. Of course, the bars always do well, no matter what...how well I remember!
Old 07-22-2007, 08:28 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Hope you're having a Happy Sober Sunday...or Monday...depending on your Time Zone! Take a moment to check in, HATZ'ers!
Old 07-22-2007, 02:15 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi HATZer's . Good Sunday... went to the amusement park. The good part is that we're home lol. Grilled some corn, chicken and burgers for dinner and now just relaxing. Where's everyone else?
Old 07-22-2007, 05:07 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

I've been surfing the Newcomers threads most of the day, and trying to jump in with a bit of ESH wherever possible. When I logged in HATZ this a.m., there was not another soul on the board! Weird!!!
Old 07-23-2007, 12:06 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

I'm doing the BUMP...without the grind! You should have seen me when I was drinking...mmmmmn...maybe not.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:13 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Can't believe July is almost over...it'll be Labor Day before you know it. Guess I'd better keep working on my tan until then.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:39 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

This puppy is sad, and wondering if it's worthwhile trying to keep this thread alive...maybe it's outgrown its usefulness.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:35 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Awww Rae... I check in sometimes . Not often enough though.

July is almost over, August will probably fly by and the kids will be back to school sooner than I'd like. I hate winter so working on my tan is where you'll find me most days .
Old 07-26-2007, 10:12 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Hey, fellow Jerseyan! Guess I'll keep checking in from time to time. Maybe when the summer is over, the HATZ thread will see more action.

In the meantime...roll that bod!!!
Old 07-27-2007, 09:55 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

I'm going on the assumption that anyone who reallllly wants to find this thread will "go to any lengths" to do so.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:00 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hehe... I do . I search for it if it falls to the botton or next page.

Doing a few things around the house while the kids kill each other. Then we'll probably hit the mall (another Joisey thing to do) for some a/c. I already bought our tix to see The Simpson's movie tonight so we are good to go!!!
Old 07-27-2007, 10:49 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

We alkies are a resourceful group, aren't we!?! Good to see you, gypsy...and, I see you lurking, too, penguin!
Old 07-27-2007, 10:50 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi.......I am back.......sorry for not answering you guys the last time.........been depressed because H. crashed the car into someone else and not we have just one till the other gets fixed..........

Guess this is a reality check for H. and a good one to start with............been wondering if I would get H. back in my life or just be in a different world the rest of my life...................marriage isn't what we think it should be.......

I am holding out the best I can and just need to get the depressed days out of my mind and do something else.............

sometimes just don't know what to say anymore...........have no car to do all the errands I need to....and that sucks.............now have a funeral to go to and nothing to really wear..........thought of not going and can't do that either............

Have too much going on and just don't want to ask friends to help out........just don't have a real good friend that I can rely on ................................I sort of keep my distance .........and don't want to attach myself to someone..........Been Hurt one to many times in the past........

Little Penguin
Old 07-27-2007, 10:58 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
not a greeter

****{Hugs}}} Sounds like some trying times Penguin... sorry bout that. I understand the need for a car... couldn't do anything around here w/o driving so I hope you get it back soon.

Sometimes you gotta open up and ask for help if you need it... hard sometimes... but you need a break too .

As for the funeral, I have found that most people will not care what you wear. It's the thought and showing up that matters.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:04 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

now have a funeral to go to and nothing to really wear..........thought of not going and can't do that either............
I'm sure anything reasonably "subdued" will do just fine...most people have gotten away from the "black thing" anyway. After all, you're going to pay your respects...the family will be too preoccupied to notice what you're wearing, and the deceased certainly won't care.

Have too much going on and just don't want to ask friends to help out........just don't have a real good friend that I can rely on ................................I sort of keep my distance .........and don't want to attach myself to someone..........Been Hurt one to many times in the past........
I know what you mean. I keep my distance from the patients here who are "short term"...just doing re-hab, and will go home in a few weeks. I've become close to a few, and "away they go". But, sometimes we find a friend where we least expect to. Look at how Paula came through to take our Jenny when I was so afraid we wouldn't be able to find a home for her before I came here. Who would have thought meeting someone on-line would lead to such a God-send?
Old 07-28-2007, 11:27 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I here you all and thanks for the advise.............

I am doing the best I can and H. is dragging me down at times with the depression and worry..............wish for a different life and God always has the answers for me these days.............I will pray for change in a big way this time..........................

I will wear what I have to the funeral.....the days are hot here and I really don't wear dresses .......nor do I have one........but the Hawaian shorts won't do.........so will think of something cool.......

Pray for me to have peace of mind and the will to carry on like you all do each day....................I know God understands my thoughts and sorts out so much from me each day..................

I am here for the moment and tomarrow will pray the day is better...............
Little Penguin
Old 07-28-2007, 04:05 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi Penguin . Prayers going out for you and better days.

Hot today, brother is in the hospital, hubby and I aren't getting along as usual... but I am calm. My kids are healthy and I am too. Things will get better for your family and mine. I have no doubts .
Old 08-01-2007, 11:02 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Got through all the family funeral stuff and wore what I wanted.....

Felt good sort of and daughter told not to say anything to anyone about my birthday......a birthday and furneral just don't mix well.......Besides the older one gets the more you really don't want to celebrate the coming birthday......seems there are more important things to do.............

Other than that I am haning in there the best I can with no car.........having difficult days and making my way through them the best I can..............

Little Penguin
Old 08-01-2007, 04:16 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hello all,

I can't believe this thread is still going. I'm back with my tail between my legs. I've been drinking like a fish, but I know I have to stop. I've just read a few of the recent posts and in a way I think I'm lucky because I'm single. I only have myself to blame and therefore I can't say anybody else "forced" me to drink. I also don't have extra responsibilities to other people. Well, maybe that would help me? I don't know.

Next week I'm going to go back to the States to visit my family and I'm really looking forward to it. I also have a friend who will visit who I hope will become more than a friend, as she is extremely nice, pretty, cool, etc..., but that will be in the future.

I am sorry I am rambling but this is the best I can achieve right now. I wish you all the best and I hope I will continue checking in.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:04 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Michael...how good to "hear" from you. Sadly, there are only a very few regular HATZ'ers posting. But, we'll keep the thread going as long as possible. Don't have to worry anymore that it gets too long and has to be closed by one of the admins...usually CarolD.

It used to be such fun when folks were dropping in daily from all the different time zones. Ah, well.

Do let us know when you are Stateside again.