Notices

Hands Across Time Zones Part 5

Old 03-07-2007, 10:04 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Thank you jane......for the birthday note for my little one...............will show it off when school lets out later.....................What a joy you are..............

Doing ok and just know I haven't spent too much time on recovery stuff for me................Need to work on that and I have that goal to do better..........guess work next door is more than I expected.....................But I am hanging in there........

Guess I need some Hugs and to hear that I am really doing all I can to keep my head above water.........Why do I feel so down about all the things I am not doing for myself...............

Love ya all ............will stop by later today...........

Little Penguin
Old 03-07-2007, 12:43 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Penguin,

So is this a permanent thing, the working next door? It sounds like a lot to take care of. I hope you find a good balance.

So how are you today, Rae? And any other HATZers who may check in today?

(You KNOW you're missed when you aren't here, everyone--no matter how long you're away. 'Out of sight' does not mean 'out of mind' around here.....)

xo
jane
Old 03-08-2007, 07:32 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

I hope today is better than yesterday...although it hasn't started out too good.

I had to be weighed yesterday...last week I was 192, and 230 yesterday! I said, "No! And, I'm not getting back on that thing. Get a scale that works, or I don't get weighed anymore."

My roommate was brought back in the room at 2:00, but wasn't put into bed until almost 3:00. In the meantime, she kept calling out for help, while the aide was up at the nurse's desk playing cash bingo...a game that involves the entire facility every Wednesday!

I had to get out of the room...just couldn't stand listening to the roommate anymore. My niece was bringing me some Irish Soda Bread, and I ran into her and the Social Worker at the same time in the hallway. I told them I absolutely have to change rooms, and the worker assured me she was looking for me.

This morning, I heard the breakfast trays being delivered at 8:00 as usual. By 8:30 none had been brought to our room, so I activated the call light. No one had come by 8:45...I don't know why they even have the alarms, since no one pays attention to them. Finally, I saw the trays being collected and I yelled out the door that we still hadn't gotten ours. No one knew what had happened, but we did get trays at 9:00...only an hour late!

So, that's my tale of woe...I sure hope the rest of the day goes better.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:06 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Aw, Rae....what a crappy day! It's GOT to get better, in spite of the dumb breakfast fiasco. That's all there is to it.

And don't believe that stinkin' scale. NO WAY could there be that great a change unless you're retaining a bunch of water or somebody put weights in your pockets.

.....Sending "GOOD DAY VIBES" your way......"NEW ROOM VIBES", too....(praying )

Love,
jane
Old 03-09-2007, 09:53 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

...for you, maybe. Everyday is pretty much the same here, although some are better than others.

Weatherwise, it's bright and sunny...supposed to go into the 50°'s over the weekend...and, that's a really good thing. I'll be venturing out onto the beautiful patio, for sure!
Old 03-09-2007, 10:32 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  
not a greeter

It is bright and sunny here... but still freezing. I can't wait for the weekend warm up! The day before it snowed my hubby wanted me to get the van washed even though I thought we should wait. So we went. It was closed, probably due to the bitter cold. It was an I told ya so moment .

Happy belated birthday to the little penguin! My youngest turns 7 next Sunday.

Jane...the robin tree... wow... I'll bet that was beautiful sight. The mental image was pretty good though .
Old 03-09-2007, 04:51 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

I did a dumb thing when I came back after dinner...hit my achilles heel with the front of my wheelchair! I saw stars! I'll probably have a big bruise there; but, I didn't break the skin, thank goodness.

See you tomorrow.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:37 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Considering the shot I gave my achilles heel last night, it feels OK today, thank you very much!

I don't have car problems anymore...but, the battery on my chair has to be charged regularly...and, not everybody knows just how to do it. I'm so afraid of getting stuck in one of the hallways...so, I try to keep a watchful eye on it.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:18 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

My son just called me...he's at one of the first VA hospitals built after the Civil War...it's in the Adirondacks; and, from the way he describes it, I told him it sounds like a "country club". He said, "Pretty much."

He sounds great...and will be there until the end of the summer, when he's supposed to transfer back to Lyons VA Hospital in New Jersey. God is good!
Old 03-11-2007, 03:26 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Too little activity here...we got "bumped off" the front page again!
Old 03-11-2007, 03:51 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Soooooooooo nice out today . Is spring really coming? I hope so. I need more nice weather sunny days.

Good news about your son Rae... and your ankle isn't banged up too bad? That's good to hear.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:14 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  
Soberus Maxus

Originally Posted by raerob View Post
My son just called me...he's at one of the first VA hospitals built after the Civil War...it's in the Adirondacks; and, from the way he describes it, I told him it sounds like a "country club". He said, "Pretty much."

He sounds great...and will be there until the end of the summer, when he's supposed to transfer back to Lyons VA Hospital in New Jersey. God is good!

Hey all,
Mom that is so great about your son. How is everyone? Has anyone heard from Scotty? Hope everyone is doing well.
Love Max
Old 03-12-2007, 08:29 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Hi Max! Good to see you again! No word on Scotty as far as I know. Bummer.

Rae, I'm glad you're son sounds so well. That must do your heart good. How's your heel today?

Gypsy, I love the warm weather, too! We're expecting temps in the 70s today. Bliss.

Penguin, you okay?
Old 03-12-2007, 11:16 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  
Soberus Maxus

Hey Jane,
Oh this has been the longest winter of my life. What alot of growing pains.
Growing is good.
But why does it take so long?
Max
Old 03-12-2007, 11:32 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Those Not-So-Golden Years!

Originally Posted by Max Oblivia View Post
Hey Jane,
Growing is good.
Max
Don't worry, Max, my dear...by the time you're at the age when you think you can lay back and enjoy it...the years will be just whizzing by!!!

As I often tell my daughter, "Life's not fair." Her response? "It is what it is!"

That Michael (Scotty) better check in...or we'll have to send a posse after him!
Old 03-12-2007, 11:38 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  
lets kill the beast

I like that raerob " it is what it is " & if you cant build a better world build a better you ......
Old 03-12-2007, 01:36 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Originally Posted by lovecat View Post
I like that raerob " it is what it is " & if you cant build a better world build a better you ......
Probably just another way of saying, "accept the things I cannot change."
Old 03-12-2007, 05:35 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Max Oblivia
Hey Jane,
Growing is good.
Max
I hear you on the long winter. Our snow from BEFORE CHRISTMAS finally melted last week. Now the crocuses are blooming!
So tell us what's been up in Max Land this winter? How've you been? I guess the good thing about having growing pains is that it means we're growing. (Doesn't feel so good, though....)

Yep--"It is what it is."

Rae's right, Michael/Scotty! You don't want us to send THIS posse after you.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:55 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Hi everyone........Been rather HOT here and it is just like summer....................Hard to work in such heat.......

Hubby trying to get Tree house done for the little one and the heat has put a hold on things.....................

Jane.....I an doing the next door thing as my job for who knows how long.............and yes....I need a balance someplace...............spending too much time over there and not getting my stuff done....................But the good thing is I am almost done there as the packing is almost done................Just have to get through the garage stuff and go from there.....................BUT THEN THERE IS THE BUILDING OF THE HOUSE WHEN THEY START RENOVATING...............

After that I am home free and can relax.............I still have my Writing Class to pay attention to and right now it is slacking off.....NOT GOOD for me as I love writing........have an assignment to get in......................

Well.....time to go and get my little one to school..........still cool for now till the sun comes up.....will take advantage..............................Have a good day and stay cool........................This little penguin is getting too warm with all the 90 plus days......

LIttle Penguin
Old 03-13-2007, 07:55 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

It's supposed to be in the mid-60°'s today...time for a little spin on the patio!