Notices

One Year and Under Part 74

Old 03-22-2024, 10:32 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  
The Dog

Day 262 ODAAT the cravings will decline in severity as you get more days. You don't want to go back to day one. The cracking will start over then.
Old 03-22-2024, 11:29 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Thanks DD. No one wants to go back to day one. Thats for sure.
Hope that I can sleep tonight.
2 out of 3 dogs are in the bed with me.
Feeling better.
Night.
PS ate six double stuffed Oreos. I know I work out a lot. But I simply wasn’t even hungry for them and I just mindlessly ate them on the sofa. Well, there’s worse things I could’ve done I guess.
Old 03-23-2024, 07:48 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pekelover2 View Post
OTM!
I saw your other post! I’m so so sorry that I didn’t scroll up and see what you wrote here. Many congratulations. So proud of you.
Thank you Peke and thank you for your response on my other thread. You are doing awesome as well. Keep going! Slowly but surely it gets better.
Old 03-23-2024, 08:00 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Feeling a little more hopeful.
I fed the dogs and my husband has left for work. I texted friends. Had a good workout with weights after my hike.
I made a nice salad. Lately, I’m just putting a lot of red wine vinegar on my salad with a tiny bit of olive oil. It taste really good that way. I go through phases with salad dressings. I love to make my own. It’s so simple but I don’t have any shallots, and I really need shallots for my homemade dressing. I’m also eating chips and salsa.
I would like to read my New Yorker magazine, but I can’t focus right now. I don’t know what’s wrong with me but I just feel like watching television. I know that Zen cat likes true crime. Friday night is a great night because they have dateline and 2020 on. And they are both amazing true crime shows!
I am so into true crime that there are very few cases that I have never heard of before.
Anyway, I’m just going to keep checking in. I hope everyone is doing well.
Peke, hope you are doing okay today. I love homemade dressing too, though mine is usually lemon juice, olive oil and salt/pepper, but I should try different ones. I have always like the red wine vinegar and olive oil combo, but never thought to add other stuff.
I was super into true crime podcasts a couple years ago--I think I heard them all, lol.

Old 03-23-2024, 10:14 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Thanks Sam. I made it though unscathed. I appreciate your reply.
I have a recipe for a salad dressing that’s my fav:

1/2 cup good olive oil

1 tablespoon red wine vinegar

1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard

1/4 teaspoon honey

1 teaspoon kosher salt

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1 tablespoon minced shallot

4 ounces (5 cups) mesclun mix

I double/triple the red wine vinegar. You’d be surprised at how good the honey + shallots are!
Old 03-24-2024, 02:27 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
The Dog

Day 263 ODAAT, I am on my one night off this week and like usual I couldn't sleep all night. I broke down and gave Levi some food already this morning as he got sick before bed time and threw up his supper. I am pretty sure it was from something he ate in the backyard.
Old 03-24-2024, 03:07 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I can't believe I've been away from SR for as many days! I guess I got too busy with life.

First off WAY TO GO OTM! Congratulations on your first Soberversary and on graduating the Undies, I hope to see you regularly popping in to offer the same support you have all year.

DD I hope Levi is ok, I recall Miss Molly eating an entire bird then throwing it back up still complete! (Apologies to anyone eating their tea just now!!)

Sam, I can't wait for you to graduate, you've worked so hard at your recovery

Peke, the more time we spend in recovery the better we learn to deal with the peaks and troughs of our emotions instead of lurching towards the nearest bottle at the first sign of an upset in our equilibrium. You have got this sweetie! I too love homemade dressings, balsamic is one of my fav vinegars.

Purps and Dee and everyone else here that I might have forgotten!
Old 03-24-2024, 07:24 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Thanks toots! (Love when ppl call me sweetie). And balsamic is a great dressing for salads.

Tossed and turned last night. Even tho I struggle with primary insomnia I still sleep so much better sober.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day today.
Don’t forget to smile.
Old 03-24-2024, 10:35 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  
The Dog

Day 264 ODAAT Levi is fine. I am betting it was part of the fabric off the patio swing he chewed on. Wife hasn't sat on that swing for at least 10 years. Now she's mad because he chewed her swing up?
Old 03-25-2024, 12:19 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Female logic DD! glad to hear Levi is none the worse for his unusual 'treat'

Peke, I'm bad for calling everyone sweetie, I have a mild form of face blindness and it takes several meets for someone's face to gel, so sweetie gets me out of a lot of bother! I've played golf with couples for 4 hours but couldn't pick them out of a line up the next day!
Old 03-25-2024, 04:13 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Me too, Toots. I have facial blindness but in a minor way. I have met and talked to individuals for extended periods of time (like when I joined my book club) only to run into them again elsewhere and not known who they were. It embarrasses me.
I once met an individual whom I volunteered with. We spent a morning together with others. He basically only saw me in profile as we were working on clearing blackberry bushes. But he recognized me at a coffee shop. (?!) How can some ppl hone in on someone’s face so well?
Old 03-25-2024, 12:39 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Thanks Sam. I made it though unscathed. I appreciate your reply.
I have a recipe for a salad dressing that’s my fav:

1/2 cup good olive oil

1 tablespoon red wine vinegar

1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard

1/4 teaspoon honey

1 teaspoon kosher salt

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1 tablespoon minced shallot

4 ounces (5 cups) mesclun mix

I double/triple the red wine vinegar. You’d be surprised at how good the honey + shallots are!
Thank you! I'm going to try this, I'll grab a shallot next time I'm at the grocery store.
Old 03-25-2024, 12:42 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DeplorableDog View Post
Day 263 ODAAT, I am on my one night off this week and like usual I couldn't sleep all night. I broke down and gave Levi some food already this morning as he got sick before bed time and threw up his supper. I am pretty sure it was from something he ate in the backyard.
DD, I can relate too as my dog has come home with parts of deer. I keep cans of pumpkin at the ready for when he's feeling poorly. Goofy dogs.

Old 03-25-2024, 10:32 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  
The Dog

Day 265 ODAAT
Old 03-25-2024, 11:31 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
Thank you! I'm going to try this, I'll grab a shallot next time I'm at the grocery store.
Sam add the shallot to the vinegar first. Let it sit for about five minutes. It mellows out the flavor a bit. I love shallots usually use half of a large one.
Old 03-26-2024, 10:30 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
The Dog

Day 266 ODAAT
Old 03-27-2024, 10:30 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
The Dog

Day 267 ODAAT
Old 03-28-2024, 09:34 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Today is day 77.
Feeling so low today. I know that my strava looks good. But since Tuesday night I’ve had no energy.
It’s okay to feel like a “C” (A= great, F= the worst).
I feel so much like a piece of wood. Just emotionally not there. And physically very tired. Weird. Everything feels like effort. And I did so much from Sunday to Tuesday (two long rides, a run and a weight lifting class).
It’s fine to rest. But it’s my mood that makes me sad.
I am off today. And having lunch with a friend. I will listen to podcasts now. That often helps.
Have not been sleeping a lot. But that’s always the case. And I napped yesterday.
Okay. It’s okay to feel “meh”. It’s okay.
Thank you for listening.
Old 03-28-2024, 10:24 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

I'm feeling rather "off" today too, Peke. I am just exhausted, and I did sleep like a rock last night, so I'm blaming my crazy hours at work, the mental stress involved with work and also the cold and rainy weather instead. I am so cold and have been since yesterday, but I don't feel sick.
So, I cancelled my gym session tomorrow and I also have Friday and Monday off from work and I am going to be off from work, not checking email, etc.

I don't think any of that helps your situation but I wanted you to know you're not alone in feeling this way. Down days happen.
Old 03-28-2024, 06:11 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

(((Sam)))
Proud of you for making the time to get that yoga class in! You’ve been working a lot from the sound of things.
I also have been feel cold (but no fever).
I haven’t been eating properly. I know that I have to be kinder to my body.
I hope that you are eating healthy. Try to make time for that.