Notices

One Year and Under Part 74

Old 03-29-2024, 03:00 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  
The Dog

DAY 268 ODAAT

Originally Posted by Pekelover2 View Post
Feeling so low today.
I feel so much like a piece of wood. Just emotionally not there.
I am off today.
Okay. It’s okay to feel “meh”. It’s okay.
I pasted this because I can relate to a lot of this unfortunately a lot of the time. I find that getting up and doing something often helps a lot. Staying busy is something I have to often work at because if I sit idle too long that is when I am tempted to drink. I took a nap yesterday because I had worked the night before and needed a few hours of sleep. I purposely only slept a few hours because had I slept all day I would have not been able to sleep at all this last night. Even then I am up at 4 am. After taking my nap yesterday I had a headache and didn't want to do anything. I even had the thought I could take a few shots of whiskey if I had it and be rid of the headache. Which would be true but then I would have a headache this morning. Instead I went out, mowed my yard and even mowed the neighbors front yard. The next door neighbor is a rental now and is often neglected when it comes to lawn care. Fortunately they were not home to see me do it. Then I got the Harley out because it was nice out, rode to the train tracks and watched a few trains pass. Then I picked up something to eat on the way home. People at the train museum asked me, "Why didn't you bring Levi?" I said, "I haven't got him trained to hold onto the handle bars yet." So feeling blah is common for those of us who drank a lot. I just have to remember to never take the first drink again.
Old 03-29-2024, 05:23 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Hi :-)

done 3 months ... cut back on the zero-alcohol Guinness (had 10 cans this month - that I enjoy)

it's still winter in Britain ... cold dark and wet

I bought myself a steam engine (a little factory - Mamod SP4)

I'll fix a little generator to it so it charges mobile phones ...

Anyway - well done if you are still a non-drinker :-)

If you are feeling kinda flat and the moment, everybody is in the same boat (the world is so crazy right now, people are in shock and have gone numb)
Old 03-29-2024, 09:16 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Hi Red, great job on 3 months!

And thanks DD, I appreciate what you wrote.

Peke--I am pretty good on the healthy eating thing, I've gotten into a groove with it but I allow myself treats, too,

I feel 100% better today, although I did end up working a bit last night and this morning after saying I wouldn't. It's all good though. Not quite sure what day I am on, I just know I'm within a month off hitting the big 1 year.

Old 03-29-2024, 12:52 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Peke, I loved JiffyPop..
Anna, I would shine as a young kid making JiffyPop. The expanding aluminum top enthralled me as it engorged with popcorn. Great memories.
Old 03-29-2024, 11:25 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

That was nice of you to mow the neighbor’s front lawn, DD!

Happy 3 months Red!

Glad you’re feeling better, Sam….getting closer!
Old 03-30-2024, 12:55 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Being sober means learning different ways to cope with those times we feel out of sorts, physically, mentally and emotionally. It's sounds like many here are doing just that at the moment. I know it's not always pleasant, but I actually prefer 'feeling' to the numb sameness of constant drinking.

Red, congrats on 3 months, great going.

Have a happy Easter weekend all
Old 03-30-2024, 05:46 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  
The Dog

Day 269 ODAAT

I don't even mow the neighbors yard to be nice. You know those things you do because if you don't do it it won't get done? Well this is one of them. One thing that has happened here and it is happening everywhere in the United States is when homes go up for sale a large company snatches them up and they become rentals. Not always but quite often people who live in rentals don't care for the property. They don't mow, don't trim trees etc. The owner of the property doesn't care because they are five states away. So I don't mow the yard to make the homeowner or the renter happy. I just do it to keep the whole block from looking run down by one house not being kept up. Maybe it serves me right because when I was drinking my lawn could go weeks at a time without being mowed in the summer.

And if that wasn't enough yesterday I went and mowed mom and dads yard, That was easy though because dad has one of them big zero turning radius riding mowers with a Kawasaki engine.
Old 03-30-2024, 07:57 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DeplorableDog View Post
DAY 268 ODAAT

I pasted this because I can relate to a lot of this unfortunately a lot of the time. I find that getting up and doing something often helps a lot. Staying busy is something I have to often work at because if I sit idle too long that is when I am tempted to drink. I took a nap yesterday because I had worked the night before and needed a few hours of sleep. I purposely only slept a few hours because had I slept all day I would have not been able to sleep at all this last night. Even then I am up at 4 am. After taking my nap yesterday I had a headache and didn't want to do anything. I even had the thought I could take a few shots of whiskey if I had it and be rid of the headache. Which would be true but then I would have a headache this morning. Instead I went out, mowed my yard and even mowed the neighbors front yard. The next door neighbor is a rental now and is often neglected when it comes to lawn care. Fortunately they were not home to see me do it. Then I got the Harley out because it was nice out, rode to the train tracks and watched a few trains pass. Then I picked up something to eat on the way home. People at the train museum asked me, "Why didn't you bring Levi?" I said, "I haven't got him trained to hold onto the handle bars yet." So feeling blah is common for those of us who drank a lot. I just have to remember to never take the first drink again.
Aww. Thank you for this Dog!
I’m working part time so I am staying somewhat on a schedule/busy.
I think that I mentioned (or maybe I didn’t) that I hurt my back. I never get injured. But I tweaked it doing a push class. So that’s not helping.
But yesterday after work I took the dogs out and I walked around in the sun and I did feel a lot better.
I still feel blah. Even before my little back issue.
I’m doing my club ride today with my friends. But I feel so unlike myself. Devoid of energy and motivation.
I think that there might be something going around as my husband is feeling very tired.
Thank you for what you wrote, dog. I appreciate it. Doing the opposite of how I’m feeling is a great tool. Like you said, getting outside and weeding my lawn, etc.
I could do that this afternoon and play a podcast. In fact, I think I’ll do that.
I was just feeling a lot better the first month…
It’s so kind of you to mow your neighbor’s lawn!! And your mom and dad’s lawn.
Their mower sounds cool. I would like to try something like that.
Old 03-30-2024, 08:01 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Congrats on three months Red!
Old 03-30-2024, 08:03 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
Hi Red, great job on 3 months!

And thanks DD, I appreciate what you wrote.

Peke--I am pretty good on the healthy eating thing, I've gotten into a groove with it but I allow myself treats, too,

I feel 100% better today, although I did end up working a bit last night and this morning after saying I wouldn't. It's all good though. Not quite sure what day I am on, I just know I'm within a month off hitting the big 1 year.
Sam I’m glad that you’re feeling better.
So no more feeling “off”? Wonder if we have a virus here. We’re both feeling crummy, lol.
Old 03-30-2024, 09:24 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pekelover2 View Post
Sam I’m glad that you’re feeling better.
So no more feeling “off”? Wonder if we have a virus here. We’re both feeling crummy, lol.
I wonder if you guys do. I was back to normal(haha-whatever normal is) yesterday. I do think for me it was just overwhelming stressors. Last week of the quarter is always stressful at work on top of everything else.

I hope you're feeling better(and Mr Peke, too), and your back improves.
Old 03-30-2024, 01:09 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Hi Purps and toots!

Thanks, Sam.
We had a great club ride today. 25+ miles with 1700 feet of climbing.
I was going to do a core class. But my back says “no”. So I will rest now.

We usually stay for coffee after bike club. But I excused myself and left after the ride. That’s okay. I wanted to run errands and my back was sore.
Old 03-30-2024, 10:11 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
The Dog

Day 270 ODAAT Hung out with some friends I had not seen in a while and went for a ride. Today I go to my Mother In Laws because she likes to have family over for easter.
Old 03-31-2024, 02:30 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Old 03-31-2024, 08:55 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Love it, Purps! I live somewhat close to the Peeps factory :-)

Happy Easter to all who celebrate!
Old 03-31-2024, 09:02 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Happy Easter guys. I miss my Undies.
Old 03-31-2024, 09:08 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Offthemast View Post
Happy Easter guys. I miss my Undies.
We miss you too. Glad to "see" ya.
Old 03-31-2024, 06:38 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Oh, I love that purps. ❤️
Sam, I hope that you were able to relax a little bit today?

This has been a pretty low-key weekend. Today I went for an almost 5 mile run in a trail system near me. I was very low on energy but at least I got it done! Did some weeding out front. My husband works tonight and he worked last night so he slept today.
Looking forward to my book. I hope to finish it this evening.
Feeling grateful today, esp for SR.
Old 03-31-2024, 06:52 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
The Dog

Glad to hear you made it through this weekend Pepe. For some reason I was a bit worried about you this weekend after I think it was what you posted Friday. The days you know it is going to be rough it is best to plan ahead and stay active. My past temptations to drink have always come about when I was idle.
Old 03-31-2024, 09:36 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Thanks DD. This anhedonia isn’t fun. I’m hopeful that it will pass soon. Feel like I’m battling a viral bug, too.
It will pass.
As you said, when things slow down, we get more tempted to drink.
Book is good! Only 1/4th left.
Night everyone.