Notices

One Year and Under Part 74

Old 04-27-2024, 10:12 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Hi :-)

Here is an interesting vid on alcohol I stumbled across : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw8-oNu3Du0

Harvey Milkman's thoughts and methods are fascinating ( @ 140 in the vid )

Anyway - well done if you are still a non-drinker :-)

Old 04-27-2024, 11:40 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Peke I'm glad the evening went well, it's understandable you feel you are on the outside looking in when 'normies' are drinking as well as everyone else, but you did the right thing and kept yourself busy. As for the ED, please practice self care. Often it can be a form of taking back control of aspects of our lives, as much as it is taking our ideals of ourselves from others views. (Or our perception of their views). While you are dealing with early recovery, it may feel that controlling your diet is something you are in charge of as you fight addiction. Please make time to be kind and loving to yourself. Who you are, what you do and how you treat those around you are what matter, and to us here, you have been loving supportive and loyal. I don't care if you are size 0 or size 22, your virtual hugs are immense when needed and I for one am always grateful for your kind words.
Aww toots. I’m literally tearing up right now. How can you be so kind?? This reply was so sweet and exactly what I needed to hear.
I have struggled with my ED long before the binge drinking started. It’s tough to have them both under control, lol. But I’m trying! My value as a human is more than a number in a scale.
Thank you for what you wrote. I have to stop abusing my body. I have to stop this nonsense and be normal.
Old 04-27-2024, 11:49 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
I saw the news about that crash--so horrible.
Enjoy the dinner party--what are you cooking?
Sam wasn’t that crash awful?? Omg! At a kid’s party too.
Several years ago there was a case of a wealthy socialite in CA who was buzzed (allegedly on Valium and alcohol) and killed two young boys in a crosswalk. She in now in jail waiting to be sentenced. Could be 34+ years. I swear we need a device in cars that prevents a person from getting into them under the influence.

Sam thank you for asking! Okay so this was such a fun night. I wish to gosh I could upload pics. Least has walked me thru it, but I can’t seem to figure ir out.
But I did this amazing cheese board! I did ribbons of prosciutto, tulips of sopprasatta (sp?) four cheese and a chive dip with carrots and celery.
For dinner I served sourdough bread (I don’t like sourdough so I always serve that. With my eating disorder I’ve been known to just eat bread). I made a huge salad Romain lettuce, chives, carrots, tomatoes and English cucumbers. Then we had this amazing make ahead marscapone potato dish. Sam it’s unbelievable and you can make it in the morning! If you google Chef John on YouTube you can find the recipe. So easy and it’s really amazing. I served it with fresh chives on the side). For the entree I did my beef bourguignon (sp?). It’s actually Ina Garnden’s beef dish. It’s a lot of steps. But I can start it early and then finsh it while my guest are enjoying appetizers.
I don’t bake. So for dessert I had Boston cream pie and apple/strawberry rhubarb pies.
I know it much seem like a lot. My in this life I wasn’t given kids so I enjoy cooking for friends.
Old 04-27-2024, 03:33 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Peke--your menu sounds amazing!! Everything sounds so delicious and I am going to google the recipe for the potatoes ant I'll check out Ina's beef dish too.

I'm seriously drooling over here.

:-)
Old 04-27-2024, 05:20 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Thank you sweet Sam?
Old 04-28-2024, 05:16 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
The Dog

Day 298 ODAAT
Old 04-28-2024, 10:31 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
The Dog

Day 299 ODAAT
Old 04-29-2024, 05:01 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Day 300 today DD!!
Old 04-29-2024, 07:05 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Congrats on 300 DDog! Yay!!

Peke, that meal sounds well lush! You can come and cook for me anytime I think there are devices you can blow into that will prevent an engine from starting, but the use of them is voluntary. I didn't drink and drive as such but frequently drove the following day when I would have been over the limit. This was when I was getting to the end stage of my drinking.

Red I've opened the documentary on YouTube and will try and make time to give it a look.
Old 04-29-2024, 08:43 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Just wanted to come back and say thank you Red that was such a fascinating documentary.
Old 04-29-2024, 10:31 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
The Dog

Day 300 ODAAT
Old 04-30-2024, 02:19 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Congrats on 300 days DD!
Old 04-30-2024, 09:43 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Again, congratulations Dog!! So proud of you.
Aww…Toots. I think that ppl enjoyed it. Their plates were clean. But they could have been super hungry.
Old 04-30-2024, 10:31 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
The Dog

Thanks everyone
Day 301 ODAAT
Old 05-01-2024, 04:31 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Congrats on your milestone, DD. How great that accomplishment must feel.
Redcaed, that video was eye opening. For me, it took me further down a rabbit hole on GABA and how to produce more. Thank you.
Peke, a great meal (yum) and the enjoyment of friends...doesn't get much better.
Sam...agree with your happiness picture.

Well, it took me until I was 67 to find the coolest way to hang out at a place I love and every two weeks find money in my account. My hang, The Y...it's been my go to friend for years in recovery. I do my thing there for 3 days then take 4 days off. Perfect schedule.
Hope you all having a nice sober week. I'm in Florida and my Canadian snowbird friends head home next week so we are capping our golf season with a 36 hole 2 day tourney for major bragging rights...until we meet again.

Best to all - Carlos

Old 05-01-2024, 09:25 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

DDog--congrats on 301!
Old 05-01-2024, 10:15 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Hi :-)

done 4 months (I'm not counting the mishap when I drank alcohol beer delivered to me as non-alcohol beer - it was not a conscious relapse and it made me sick)

I've stopped drinking 0% alcohol Guinness - it was going up in price 15% every 2 weeks and the last batch tasted vile (using cheaper ingredients ?) - fizzy orange is my treat drink at the mo ...

I'm glad you liked that docu tootsl1 - knowledge and new ideas are always welcome to me to help me not become a filthee stinking drunk

anyway, well done if you did another day :-)

PS - it has not been freezing cold today in Britain, for the first time in 7 months - so I'm feeling kinda happy

Old 05-01-2024, 01:47 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Thanks IW!!
This weekend my vegan friends are coming over. I’m generally plant-based. So this will be easier.
Red for my last dinner party I drank NA Corona. I actually was thinking “why am I drinking these calories”. But it offsets the problem of ppl feeling weird when you don’t drink, lol. My friend said that NA Stella is good.
Old 05-01-2024, 03:22 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
The Dog

Originally Posted by Pekelover2 View Post
Thanks IW!!
This weekend my vegan friends are coming over. I’m generally plant-based. So this will be easier.
Red for my last dinner party I drank NA Corona. I actually was thinking “why am I drinking these calories”. But it offsets the problem of ppl feeling weird when you don’t drink, lol. My friend said that NA Stella is good.
Personally Peke, I loved your line of "I choose to eat my calories instead of drinking them." I can't remember exactly where but you posted that somewhere a short time ago. When you posted that I made it a point to remember it and use it if the question is ever raised to me why I don't drink.
Old 05-01-2024, 04:20 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Pekelover2 View Post
Thanks IW!!
I used to be a people pleaser to the point of causing myself distress, paim even, rather risking than hurting someone elses feelings.

In recovery I grew - and I got to the point that if people are weirded out by my not drinking, it's their problem.

I refuse to pretend I'm something I'm not anymore.
I'm not a drinker.

In reality, noones ever been weirded out - they will tell you how they don't drink that much tho, lol

D