Notices

Class of March 2023 Part 2

Old 03-26-2023, 09:39 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Shamrock51 View Post
I am so proud of everyone! These posts this morning are so uplifting!!!!! I am doing well today, too! This week was hard to level out but I feel like I am very close to being there. Last night I got lots of deep, good sleep, which is the first real time all week except some good naps. I really needed it.

Venus, your plants are so beautiful! I live in a building ,but I love to grow tiny indoor plants. They have neat ones at this store at which I shop for less than $10 so I buy one here and there. I have about ten in total and I love caring for them.
Good, deep, sleep can be a game changer... at least for me.
Old 03-26-2023, 10:31 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Shamrock51 View Post
I am so proud of everyone! These posts this morning are so uplifting!!!!! I am doing well today, too! This week was hard to level out but I feel like I am very close to being there. Last night I got lots of deep, good sleep, which is the first real time all week except some good naps. I really needed it.

Venus, your plants are so beautiful! I live in a building ,but I love to grow tiny indoor plants. They have neat ones at this store at which I shop for less than $10 so I buy one here and there. I have about ten in total and I love caring for them.
Oh, I hear you. Believe it or not I live in an apartment as well, but mine is 2/3 of a house, so I have a back garden. And I ADORE tiny plants. I have many, and I keep making more from offshoots.

So happy to hear that you feel better, Shamrock. One day at a time. ❤️
Old 03-26-2023, 09:52 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Finishing up day 12. In early sobriety I tend to hide from everyone, my anxiety is high and I don't feel well. Since I am finally sleeping better and my tummy, although still finicky, is better, I hosted taco night and game night for my neighbors. I also have not hosted much of anything since my husband died, he was the social one. That said, it went well, tacos were eaten, music was played, kids were out of control and fun was had. It felt good. And all alcohol free. There was a time I would never have hosted anything without a good buzz or flat out drunk. Night all. Hope all is well.
Old 03-27-2023, 03:23 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Congratulations BTG.

Pledging for today. Day 176.
Old 03-27-2023, 03:53 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Good morning, class! Woke up to five inches of snow, but that doesn't matter. The sun is shining and I let my partner sleep while I made breakfast for one of our lodgers. Then I made her brunch, she is the type that forgets to eat and that's not good when you are at work for eight hours. Took the dog for a walk in the snow, and now I'm preparing to make swiss meringue buttercream for the first time. I have a set of Russian piping tips that I am dying to try.

Have a great day, you wonderful people!
Old 03-27-2023, 05:56 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Good morning, SR! Congrats on all your successes!

Thankful to wake up without a hangover this Monday morning. I woke up an hour early today and just stayed laying down, browsing social media. I do not know how I managed having hangovers the way I did for so long! I was sick every day and would operate with one brain cell.

I have the normal Monday blues but I can manage that lol.

Staying sober on day 110.
Old 03-27-2023, 06:52 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi all-
I haven't been around much, I'm very down right now and I also seem to be getting sick. Glad to see folks doing well.
Old 03-27-2023, 06:57 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Maybe you are down because you are getting sick, love. That is something I am still getting used to in sobriety. s xxxx ❤️
Old 03-27-2023, 07:00 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Maybe you are down because you are getting sick, love. That is something I am still getting used to in sobriety. s xxxx ❤️
Partly that, but also I'm so tired of all the stress with my job, that isn't helping at all, plus other stuff.

So thankful I am sober today regardless.
Old 03-27-2023, 07:17 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

(((Sam))) ❤️

Do you want to talk it out, love?
Old 03-27-2023, 07:45 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
(((Sam))) ❤️

Do you want to talk it out, love?
I'm so muddled about everything job related at the moment, honestly. Part of me is ready to quit outright, and part is saying not to, it's too risky, but at what point do I give up my health for this, I know this is a huge part of why I drank as long as I did. I've been looking at other positions, but I want to get out of this "hustle culture" that is sales and all the bad stuff that comes with it, so, I need to go outside my network, even though it would be easier to get another position with another company like mine. So, I dunno. I feel so stuck, and it really is affecting me.

Old 03-27-2023, 07:59 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

I totally understand.

I think, if it were me, I would think along these lines: If I could do anything I wanted, job-wise, what would it be? And of course, the answer to that may be impractical, but it might just remind you of the things you love to do. And perhaps, there is a way to make something you love into paid work.
Old 03-27-2023, 08:27 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hey Sam, I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. The career struggles are definitely relatable to me. Hang in there.
Old 03-27-2023, 08:35 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Day 2 and feel like poo. Being at home with nothing to do and don't feel like doing anything. No motivation, no energy...arrrr. I'll get through it some how. Just need to get through the Monday blues....
Old 03-27-2023, 09:02 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

(((Newlife))) ❤️
Old 03-27-2023, 11:07 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Day 86
I am thinking about stopping counting the days , it doesn't really mean much anymore , anxiety is still super high , PAWS are really kicking my ass but nothing that i can't manage .
The real problem that i think about every day is September 10 , my brothers wedding , how the hell am i going to go through that sober , if anxiety stays this high it will be impossible , but i hope that it will go down in the next few months. I know that i mentioned that wedding a few times now but in my head that is an impenetrable obstacle , 15 hour party where 90% of people are getting wasted , literally all of my friends and family , from morning until midnight , it's going to suck , i really hope that my anxiety goes down significantly in the next 5 months , i also know that i need to be very careful that i don't mess up during that time.
Old 03-27-2023, 11:45 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

You have over five months until then, dear Laz. And every week, every month sober makes us not only stronger in our determination, but HAPPIER about it.

I went from the exact same fear as you to: I think I can do this, to: I can definitely do this, to: I am going to be drinking cranberry and sparkling mineral water at the wedding, and I have organised with the catering staff to keep it separate for me.

I understand that right now, it just feels insurmountable, an impossibility that you could stay sober at the wedding or even want to. But that will change as you continue on this journey.

Hopefully, you will get some opportunities to practice before September—my first big family (drinking) party scared me, but I did the cranberry and mineral water thing, and I had the best time with my family that I had ever had. Turns out the reason I needed to drink was me.

After that, I stopped being afraid of big events, and over and over again, was surprised by how much better it is/was. No need to monitor myself (am I too drunk yet?) or wonder if I had enough wine at my table, or worry what people were thinking of me, and hey, am I even capable of making the best man speech? (you). If it was me, I would be terrified....most likely I would be blackout drunk and praying that no one noticed.
Old 03-27-2023, 11:59 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

So I guess I'm on day 14, which 2 weeks makes me happy. Feeling pretty good, overall. I'm not hungover and that's a win.
lixie, you sound good today. I wish i could taste some of your treats 😋
samwich, nice to see you, I'm glad your here. Finding a work/life balance that makes you happy can be exhausting.
As for the wedding in September, you might feel completely different in 5 months. Every week you may stronger and have more tools to navigate situations such as these. I know, personally, I have a camping trip in June and is a trigger for me. And one that I failed last year 🙃
I hope everyone had a great sober day.
Old 03-27-2023, 01:39 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

@venuscat Yes i will have a few opportunities to practice before September , i hope that practice plus time will help
Old 03-27-2023, 03:57 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Checking into the March class here. Day 1 for me. Looking forward to turning things around and kicking the booze for good.