Notices

Class of March 2023 Part 2

Old 03-23-2023, 06:09 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Lixie, your posts always make me hungry!
Congrats everyone on sober time. Early sobriety can truly be emotionally exhausting 😪. To feel all those emotions totally raw, without the haze, can be overwhelming. I'm approaching the year anniversary of my husband's suicide. Another life stolen by alcohol and the feelings of hopelessness. It all feels overwhelming. I'm on day 10. No chance of drinking. Hope my tummy settles today. Working at my new job again today. I actually really like it. A fresh start. No judgements. Nobody knows my past. I can write my own future. One day at a time.
Old 03-23-2023, 06:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Committing myself to sobriety on day 106.
Old 03-23-2023, 07:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Backtogood View Post
Lixie, your posts always make me hungry!
Congrats everyone on sober time. Early sobriety can truly be emotionally exhausting 😪. To feel all those emotions totally raw, without the haze, can be overwhelming. I'm approaching the year anniversary of my husband's suicide. Another life stolen by alcohol and the feelings of hopelessness. It all feels overwhelming. I'm on day 10. No chance of drinking. Hope my tummy settles today. Working at my new job again today. I actually really like it. A fresh start. No judgements. Nobody knows my past. I can write my own future. One day at a time.
I'm so sorry BTG about your husband.

Congrats on the new job and day 10, double digits!
Old 03-23-2023, 07:54 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

All good here. Was going to run again today but it's rainy and I'm slammed with work, but it's probably best as I'm sore from yesterday.

Have a great day, all!
Old 03-23-2023, 08:00 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((Samwitch)))
Old 03-23-2023, 08:42 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Happy Thursday all! Work week is nearing its end and I couldn't be happier about that!

Sam - it's cloudy and rainy here too. But it is almost 60 degrees so I won't complain! I am ready for some warm weather.

Have a couple errands to run after work and have a spin class planned for this evening as well. Will likely hit up another online SMART meeting. I find it nice to listen to others share their stories and strategies in the online meetings.

My anxiety and stress levels have been very high the last week or 2. I'm thankful I've been able to workout as that helps. I also find listening to podcasts relaxing. If anyone has some good sobriety or comedy or history podcasts they enjoy, I'm open to any recommendations!

Hope everyone has a great day! I'm committed to 24 more.
Old 03-23-2023, 08:56 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey BD--I'm in PA, so I'm with you on the weather but it doesn't feel like 53 here(which is what my app tells me the temp is)--annoying, lol.
Old 03-23-2023, 09:31 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Checking-in so I don't check-out

Reflecting on all the time spent getting drunk high, the hangover, guilt, self-loathing. anxiety, depression all the emotional mess all drug related waste invokes Squidward Time Response Just WOW cray-cray!! Now, sober more clear minded I am working on my HO scale car/train layout (complete disarray cause by active addiction.) Plus scale cars, buildings, making scale trees planed, did make on . Doing this is exciting, fun and learning more about small scale modeling is so cool. On the web massive amounts of scale modeling examples to see. As drunken recluse very little on nothing mattered to me. From hopeless to bright and hopeful is a sobriety gift I am happy to receive. Why? I love myself. I have a deep care about my emotional health.

Alcohol depress neural function in the brain. Alcohol is a switch that turns of brain cells. I lose cognitive function and emotional regulation. I become a brain addled wreck of a person. I would cry to the point that it becomes a huge interference with my ability to just keep myself alive. Suicide ideation, stuck in bed, waiting to die soon as possible. Alcohol has beaten me down for the last time. No more!!
I will never drink again and will never change my mind thanks to AVRT

Grateful for all of you , a way out of dispar and a new path where I can thrive with a mood that helps rather hinder my current bliss. When I'm down in the pit I use my sober tools to build a ladder out of that funk.

Let go of the poison and pick up some tools to build a new improved you
Old 03-23-2023, 10:22 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi Zen!
Old 03-23-2023, 01:29 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope everyone is having a good day

D
Old 03-23-2023, 02:15 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I hope everyone is having a good day

D
Yeah it's good to be watching England beating Italy, sober 🙂
Old 03-23-2023, 02:24 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Enjoy the game Tetrax, I'm watching the apprentice final.
Old 03-23-2023, 02:33 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Britbird80 View Post
Enjoy the game Tetrax, I'm watching the apprentice final.
Ah cool, no spoilers please! Gonna watch it on iPlayer.
Old 03-23-2023, 04:47 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Hi Sam

I am having a good day Dee. Hope all is pleasant you way

Tetrax, college basketball here is heating up with the finals on TV. Apparently an american actor owns some of a English football team I think. Premier League is televised here. I am getting the swing about the game. Fun stuff. I do watch World Cup football. Go Team Yank.

SLIP
Sobriety
Lost
Its
Priority

Old 03-23-2023, 04:59 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

BTG, I'm so sorry about your husband and I imagine that the upcoming anniversary of his death will be unsettling. Please know I'm thinking of you. Well done on Day 10 and your new job.
Old 03-23-2023, 10:07 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

My Transatlantic cruise to Barcelona ended a few days ago.
My adult daughter and her boyfriend and my sister-in-law left to catch a plane home to NY early this morning.
My daughter is a super controlling edgy person with a nasty temper.
My s-i-l is a bit of a manipulative airhead.
They clash, I'm in the middle trying to smooth things.
The cruise was very nice on a large ship so we didn't see my daughter much, which worked out.
I won't drink, but I am trying to decompress.
I'm dreading the phone calls that I will get from both when I'm back home.
I've traveled alone before and it is lonely, but a heck of a lot less stress.

Old 03-24-2023, 01:36 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

I'm so sorry, I'm not very good at responding to each and everyone individually. But I enjoy reading about all the small and big steps you are all making towards sobriety. You are true super heroes.

Close call yesterday. We were both exhausted and really craving a cold one, but we sat down and played the tape forward and boy are we glad we did! A planned breakfast visit turned into something completely different, and having to go through that with a hangover would have been murder. SO glad we stayed sober! Day 8, and it's officially been a whole week.

Whohooo!

Wish you all a great day!
Old 03-24-2023, 01:46 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Zenithboy88. Welcome back. Sorry to hear of the travel drama. Hope you enjoyed some of the time.

Pledging for today. Day 173.
Old 03-24-2023, 02:06 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zencat View Post
Tetrax, college basketball here is heating up with the finals on TV. Apparently an american actor owns some of a English football team I think. Premier League is televised here. I am getting the swing about the game. Fun stuff. I do watch World Cup football. Go Team Yank.
Haha, yeah it was a great World Cup last year but it's so good to appreciate things like sport clear-headed now. And in other news I reached the goal weight today that I'd been trying to hit for six months or so! (But couldn't because of stop-start sobriety). Half a stone lost in just over three weeks
Old 03-24-2023, 06:23 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Happy Friday everyone.

Day 107.