Notices

Class of March 2023 Part 2

Old 03-25-2023, 10:45 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Morning! Day 12. My sleep is back! I love it... no more 4 hour nights lol. My tummy is starting to right itself. Thank goodness. No more random thoughts of I feel like crap so if I have one of two and i will feel better. I knew it would just take time, but my AV was talking. Off to do 12 year old birthday party 🎉 stay sober!
Old 03-25-2023, 01:09 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

That is really good to hear, dearest BTG ❤️
Old 03-25-2023, 01:45 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
That is really good to hear, dearest BTG ❤️
thx V it, feels good
Old 03-25-2023, 02:00 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

That's so interesting, BTG, I used to always notice with myself that I would start to feel majorly different right around day 11 or 12, too. I guess it is enough time for things to start getting situated again in our bodies. The first week is always so awful. Happy for you!
Old 03-25-2023, 03:12 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Shamrock51 View Post
That's so interesting, BTG, I used to always notice with myself that I would start to feel majorly different right around day 11 or 12, too. I guess it is enough time for things to start getting situated again in our bodies. The first week is always so awful. Happy for you!
thx me too lol 😆 now just need to work with the tools I have and develop new ones. It showed this morning and now it's sunny 🌞 typical oregon weather.
Old 03-25-2023, 03:33 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations to everyone on your milestones

D
Old 03-25-2023, 08:25 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

How'd the party go, BTG?

I am in bed sober. It was a good day. Still not as productive as I'd like but I did some things.

Goodnight all
Old 03-25-2023, 08:27 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

TC Ugg the poor cat. Yea thats off the hook

Fiddling with the hobby, cleaning, planning along with typical ADD activity. In great mood thanks to wellness work. College hoop on the telly and other sports running in the background as I jump around in circles sometimes LOL , No but stuff is good now, I'm content.

Don't let the AV win. Fight it like you are fighting for your life. A better life awaits.

Old 03-25-2023, 09:49 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FiveTries View Post
How'd the party go, BTG?

I am in bed sober. It was a good day. Still not as productive as I'd like but I did some things.

Goodnight all
I'm glad your day was good, some days staying sober is my productivity for the day lol. The party went well, all the grandparents all behaved, the food and cake went without a hitch, and btg Jr had an amazing day. We finished it off at the theaters watching antman. (It was good) night all
Old 03-25-2023, 11:38 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I'm enjoying my time in Barcelona, but I have to admit, when I walk around and see people at sidewalk cafes having a glass of wine it gives me thoughts.
. My son and 21 year old grandson are arriving today and will stay with me for a week before we all go back home to the US.
I pledge another day sober
Old 03-25-2023, 11:44 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zencat View Post
Lixie - Just focus on your sobriety for now. Post as you please and keep reading. I like to read here at SR a bunch. Not only do I read this thread but all over the place. Massive amounts of sober wisdom along with lifes lessons that bring overall healing.

@Takeaction Tag - your it Now tag someone congregating them on a job well done . TA good on you sticking to sobriety (107 days) when we all know what a challenge it is.

Hi Back, 11 days sober is a strong start IMO Complicated situations can be managed with a simple plan that you stick to. Glad to have you here at SR

Basset - I have a lot of free time. I do a search for podcast and history for you. What history info/stories do you like?
I like assorted war history stories but WWII USN war efforts is a main focus of mine. Egyptology is another fave of mine.

Another great day to be free from 'that nastiness' jive. Sleep all day for why?, I don't know. I'm freaking wide awake now..LOL at 21:30 Ta-da

Thank you Dee and Zencat 🤍

Round of applause, Mish! One month is amazing 👏🏻 👏🏻👏🏻

Tonight I held a little get together at my house for a birthday party. I didn’t buy any alcohol nor did anybody bring any. Anywho, the topic of drinking came up and I just said I didn’t drink anymore….that it wasn’t good for me. Jaws dropped as I was known for always being the drunkest. I’ve been the life of the party for 15 years. It felt good to say that I don’t drink and I don’t regret it. It was disclosed with loved ones, so I felt comfortable doing so.

I can say I’m grateful I quit drinking. The thought of being plastered makes me sick to my stomach. I tortured my body for years and I’m never going back.

Congrats on all your successes

Old 03-26-2023, 01:43 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 175 (25 weeks).
Old 03-26-2023, 06:36 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Hi from the cafe! Day 10, double digits! Yay!
Old 03-26-2023, 06:46 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Backtogood View Post
some days staying sober is my productivity for the day
Absolutely! For me that's the only thing that NEEDS to get done. If I start drinking then all the other stuff will fall apart ultimately.

Happy that the party went well
Old 03-26-2023, 07:03 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

morning from my patch on the blue ball.

Lots going on with my peers, classmates, comrades in recovery. Reading through here learning from every single one of you regardless if you have one or one hundred thousand days sober. Everybody has ES&H to share.

Originally Posted by Take
Anywho, the topic of drinking came up and I just said I didn’t drink anymore….that it wasn’t good for me.
Great wonderful example of boundaries applied in life. You do not need to explain why you stopped drinking to anybody at any time. In fact you do not have to explain any decision you verbalize. And those that persist on badgering you to tell them RED FLAG!

Motorsports madness day for me to enjoy. I find I like and get way more into sports sober/speed, junk, rock free. I think I'm trying to make the best out of being sober. What drives me is goals with rewards. Pavlovian maybe, but it works for me. Month 7 of IWNGAAIWNCMM - AVRT . just doing the recovery work and reaping the rewards, Oh yes, the low times are more like shallow times, easy to get out of the funk.

Just dont drink now. Repeat every 'now' endlessly. There, see your not drinking now.
Love and light

Suze - nice plants to grow. How big do they get? Like vines that will cover the whole house? That would be cool.

Anna, Dee.
Old 03-26-2023, 07:23 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zenithboy88 View Post
I'm enjoying my time in Barcelona, but I have to admit, when I walk around and see people at sidewalk cafes having a glass of wine it gives me thoughts.
. My son and 21 year old grandson are arriving today and will stay with me for a week before we all go back home to the US.
I pledge another day sober
I like to think of it this way: well, sure, these folks are having a glass of wine at a cafe, but then they will get up and go on with their day. They are not sitting there drinking glass after glass and getting blitzed because they can stop. And I CANNOT. I could not. I would have gotten drunk and ruined the rest of the day for everyone. Most likely, I would black out and leave my group and do God knows what on my own. Really. That is the kind of stuff I did on a regular basis back in my drinking days.

So go sit at a cafe, have a lemonade with a huge wedge of lime and enjoy yourself, dear zenithboy. You will make GREAT memories. ❤️
Old 03-26-2023, 07:25 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Super-glad to hear the day went so well yesterday, dear BTG. You are a wonderful mom. So much love. ❤️❤️
Old 03-26-2023, 07:32 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zencat View Post
morning from my patch on the blue ball.

Lots going on with my peers, classmates, comrades in recovery. Reading through here learning from every single one of you regardless if you have one or one hundred thousand days sober. Everybody has ES&H to share.

Great wonderful example of boundaries applied in life. You do not need to explain why you stopped drinking to anybody at any time. In fact you do not have to explain any decision you verbalize. And those that persist on badgering you to tell them RED FLAG!

Motorsports madness day for me to enjoy. I find I like and get way more into sports sober/speed, junk, rock free. I think I'm trying to make the best out of being sober. What drives me is goals with rewards. Pavlovian maybe, but it works for me. Month 7 of IWNGAAIWNCMM - AVRT . just doing the recovery work and reaping the rewards, Oh yes, the low times are more like shallow times, easy to get out of the funk.

Just dont drink now. Repeat every 'now' endlessly. There, see your not drinking now.
Love and light

Suze - nice plants to grow. How big do they get? Like vines that will cover the whole house? That would be cool.

Anna, Dee.

The pic I posted in Whiners?

Well, these all go outside. And no, if you want flowering vines that climb the walls you need bougainvillea, like this:

And my landlady would never let me do anything like that. Plus, I love the red mandevillas, which are in the back in four little pots right now, but will grow big. Like this:

Old 03-26-2023, 07:34 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Love to everyone....and congrats on your days....you are all doing SO WELL!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Old 03-26-2023, 09:29 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I am so proud of everyone! These posts this morning are so uplifting!!!!! I am doing well today, too! This week was hard to level out but I feel like I am very close to being there. Last night I got lots of deep, good sleep, which is the first real time all week except some good naps. I really needed it.

Venus, your plants are so beautiful! I live in a building ,but I love to grow tiny indoor plants. They have neat ones at this store at which I shop for less than $10 so I buy one here and there. I have about ten in total and I love caring for them.