Notices

Class of February 2023 Part 1

Old 02-14-2023, 04:45 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Good morning,
. This past week was pretty rough.
A week ago my little cats' kidneys shut down and vet said nothing more she could do.
I chose to nurse the poor little thing at home as not really in pain just very weak.
I would make her comfortable places to lay and hold little bowls of water up to her mouth to drink.

Sunday morning I knew she wouldn't live thru day,
and I decided I would have vet put her down when they opened Monday morning.
I was just praying to God to take her.
The whole thing just reminded me of my wife dying in hospice.
Frankly at this point I just wanted to get a big bottle of wine and zone out.

I woke up around midnite Sunday night and she was curled up next to me, but she flew away to heaven.
I buried my furry friend yesterday, my daughter came over, which I really appreciated.

My daughter has a little Japanese dog called a Sheba Inu. Omg! So cute, her name is Lily.
I might have my grand-dog over for a few days to keep me company.
The house just seems so empty right now without my little kitty.

Anyway, it is a nice sunny day here and I'm sorry to be a downer to all of you on Valentine's Day!

I hope you all have a good day,
Stay sober!
Old 02-14-2023, 04:49 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

ZB. Sorry to hear of the loss of your dear pet. Hoping you find peace from your happy memories. Thinking of you today.
Old 02-14-2023, 06:00 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

I am so sorry @zenithboy88! Our pets our our babies! I’ve lost a few furry babies of my own within the last four years and it’s a terrible loss. My heart goes out to you 🤍 Just know your little angel has a lot of buddies to play with right now.

Happy Valentines Day!! Today I will celebrate the holiday with work meetings lol but will come home to two of my furry baby valentines. We have a long night of cuddles planned ahead.

Day 70!!!
Old 02-14-2023, 06:41 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  
RAL

Really struggling with thoughts of wine. Got to go post office after work to post parcels. Really dont want to see bottles in the store. I will stay focused and drive home after post8ng parcels and not buying anything
Old 02-14-2023, 07:11 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

RAL. Hang in there. Posting here lets out the feelings. It has helped me to get beyond cravings and difficult situations. All are here to support you.
Old 02-14-2023, 07:22 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  
RAL

thanks runner.I came straight home. The parcel can wait till morning till be posted. Thanks for your kind words
Old 02-14-2023, 07:23 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Zenith, I’m so sorry about your kitty. She had a very nice life with you. May her memory be a blessing.

And I totally understand the triggering of memories about your wife’s passing. This too shall pass.

I hope you can take good care of yourself during this time of grief.
Old 02-14-2023, 07:39 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by RAL View Post
Really struggling with thoughts of wine. Got to go post office after work to post parcels. Really dont want to see bottles in the store. I will stay focused and drive home after post8ng parcels and not buying anything
You can do this RAL. When I have these moments I play the movie all the way through in my head. Wine was my downfall too and when I thought about how awful I felt when I woke up, the guilt, the worrying, the lack of sleep, my health….a lot of times that would redirect my thoughts.

Post here, self care, redirect to something positive. Big hug!
Old 02-14-2023, 07:49 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Sorry for three posts instead of one. On my little phone and i can’t find my glasses because I need my glasses to find them.

A down day here - it’s raining, my first Valentine’s Day without my husband and because I didn’t shut the gate last night on my patio, the door blew off in the wind. My husband built that gate himself. . He would be disappointed that I did that.

There is so much to take care of with him gone and at times I feel overwhelmed It’s why zoning out with alcohol has been so tempting.

But it doesn’t solve anything and so I’m posting here and pledge not to drink today.

And my day is now called Galentine’s Day. My two daughters are here with me and it’s Taco Tuesday. Something to look forward to tonight. I will try hard to take good care of myself.

and call a handyman about the gate.
Old 02-14-2023, 08:39 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

RAL, honey, first of all—love and hugs. ❤️

I wonder if it might be time to make a new plan to help with the after-work wine time. For example, if you have errands to do after work, make sure you have a snack and a drink at work that you can have in the car. Or stop somewhere and get a milkshake, cake, or anything you fancy that can help with the sugar craving.

Just a few ideas. s xxx
Old 02-14-2023, 08:40 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
Sorry for three posts instead of one. On my little phone and i can’t find my glasses because I need my glasses to find them.

A down day here - it’s raining, my first Valentine’s Day without my husband and because I didn’t shut the gate last night on my patio, the door blew off in the wind. My husband built that gate himself. . He would be disappointed that I did that.

There is so much to take care of with him gone and at times I feel overwhelmed It’s why zoning out with alcohol has been so tempting.

But it doesn’t solve anything and so I’m posting here and pledge not to drink today.

And my day is now called Galentine’s Day. My two daughters are here with me and it’s Taco Tuesday. Something to look forward to tonight. I will try hard to take good care of myself.

and call a handyman about the gate.
Darling Lillian,

So much love. ❤️❤️❤️

I am sure today is tough for you. Hang in there, honey, and lean on us. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 02-14-2023, 09:20 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RAL View Post
I came straight home. The parcel can wait till morning till be posted.
This is great! I'm learning to just avoid the danger too. It makes life much easier.
Old 02-14-2023, 09:47 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  
RAL

Thanks everyone. Drink and a snack is a great idea Suze. I 've not been going to the shop but had a parcel to post for work. Decided it can wait till morning though-stay safe
Old 02-14-2023, 10:45 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  
Administrator

ZenithBoy, I am so sorry about the loss of your precious cat.
Old 02-14-2023, 11:07 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

I am also sorry for your loss, dear ZenithBoy. s ❤️
Old 02-14-2023, 11:54 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  
RAL

I'm very sorry for your Loss zenith. It's very tragic
Old 02-14-2023, 01:50 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  
RAL

Went to a SMART meeting this evening.Online. Was great. Feel much more positive. Night all x
Old 02-14-2023, 01:52 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

That's great, RAL. Goodnight, sleep tight. ❤️
Old 02-14-2023, 02:18 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 42. Really busy, stressful day at work as I begin work on a new project that will take several months to complete. I'm not going to lie, I'm feeling very triggered at the moment. I won't drink today though. Just feeling triggered. Planning on picking up some carryout from a restaurant of my kids' choosing and will have a nice dinner at home for Valentine's Day.

RAL - great to hear the SMART meeting went well for you! I've been attending both SMART and AA meetings online but am feeling like the tone of the AA meetings I've been attending lately are very somber. I feel like in general, SMART meetings tend to leave me feeling a bit more positive and empowered in my recovery. That being said, I've attended many AA meetings that have been really good. I think I'll login to a SMART meeting tonight when the kids go to bed.

Zenith - I am sorry for the loss of your kitty. Losing a close pet is super difficult.

Hope everyone has a great rest of their day.

I'm committed to 24 more and won't be picking up that first drink today.
Old 02-14-2023, 03:59 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your loss ZB.
Glad the meeting went well RAL

Congrats on 41 days BassetDog 44 days FiveTries 9 days misstqueent 135 days RunnerF day 70 takeaction and 20 days RAL

well done everyone on another sober day

D