Notices

One Year & Over Part 90

Old 02-24-2023, 01:01 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Pj, good to hear temp is dropping. Sending lots of hugs to you and Roxy!

SG, I’d be delighted to send you some of our snow and cold. It’s 17 F here at the moment.

I finally got the free motion quilting almost done on my collage. Will try to post a pic whenever it’s done (I saved instructions for posting pics from last time so will hopefully be able to do it again.

Lots of to all!
Old 02-24-2023, 04:15 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Thanks Sassy, but I will keep my 40's here today. It is supposed to get to twenty, which will feel arctic like after 66 yesterday. It was a stunningly beautiful spring like day yesterday.

Glad you are getting a break in temps PJ.

Have a good day all!
Old 02-24-2023, 06:26 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Good morning,

More snow today. I thought it was going to clear up but we have snow predicted far into the future. I will get tired of it but it is good for our high desert climate.

I drove my neighbor to the mortuary where he said good bye to his wife of some 48 years. It was a holy and heartbreaking task. He told me about their courtship on the drive.

So I'm hoping to hack away at some financial projects, meet with a friend, shovel snow and do some yoga.

Have a good one.
Old 02-24-2023, 02:31 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Awesome that you could be there for your neighbor in that way and that he felt comfortable enough to share that stuff with you.
Old 02-24-2023, 06:49 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

You showed empathy and kindness BK
Old 02-25-2023, 04:16 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Bekind, that was a lovely thing you did for your neighbor. More kind people in the world would make a difference

SG, another cold one today - currently 5 F, thankfully warmer than 15 below. I used to live in Northern Delaware near the PA border. Winters were much easier but summers were miserable for me (can’t tolerate heat).

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy Saturday
Old 02-25-2023, 01:57 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hugs all
Old 02-25-2023, 11:51 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Sassy, you used to live about forty minutes from where I am at. I am near the K of P area, if you remember the Mall complex.

What a beautiful thing to do BeKind!

Up early for an early work day.

Have a good Sunday all!
Old 02-26-2023, 04:12 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
can’t tolerate heat
Me neither Saskia, I barely make it during summer and I tend to stay in air-conditioned rooms all day
That's why I never complain on how cold it is because I like cold weather. (ok, to a certain limit!)

Have a good day Overs! ☼
Old 02-27-2023, 02:57 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

SG, at various times I lived in New Castle, Claymont and Newark. As I recall, Claymont was practically at the border. My memories of that time are dim (1966 through 1979) but do remember K of P being not far.

CK, yes - my view of hot Vs cold is that when cold I can add more layers but in heat there is a limit to how many I can take off. Or to think of it in more cataclysmic terms, I’d rather die by freezing than boiling

Hugs to you, too, Toots!

Have a magnificent Monday, Overs, and stay warm (or cool) as the case may be
Old 02-27-2023, 04:12 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

you too Sas
Old 02-27-2023, 04:26 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Hello!

Yes, Bekind and I are being pounded with SUPER COLD and snow, and like a lot of peeps, I like it colder (with limits and duration limits ), rather than too hot.

Big storm, or there was one, predicted for home tomorrow night, when we try to get over the mountain passes.

Off to Nebraska soon, long drive.

Big hugs !
Old 02-27-2023, 04:45 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Our crazy weather continues with thunderstorms this morning! If this was snow, we'd be getting buried.

Have a Marvelous Monday, overs!
Old 02-27-2023, 07:03 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Good morning Overs -

SG - yes both kids are easy to get sick. Looking back - I’m sure SisK’s bad eyesite contributed bc she got sick almost every car ride more than 15 mins. BB is more normal but if he plays with toys - so a longer car ride - he gets sick too

(((PJ and Roxie)))))

Hope everyone stays safe and comfortable with the weather!

We are taking the family to Disneyland this week for our once in 5 year big trip!!!!

hope not to much puking on the drive. Thankfully we missed the last 2 days bc they got 7 feet of snow in the hills and it was terribly cold!!!! It will still be very cold for us but rain/snow is supposed to clear for the 2 days we are there
Old 02-27-2023, 10:28 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

On March 1st we began high school baseball practice in South Jersey. Many days were windy and cold. But when April came Spring and warm temperatures arrived with magnificent flowers.
Old 02-27-2023, 04:27 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Support to all, troubling times.
Any mental health loonies like me know the importance of a flexible routine. So, one is attempting to do this. But...pain, aura- can't do much more than rest.
ugh
Old 02-27-2023, 09:42 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

We had sightings of the Northern Lights over UK. I didn’t see any sadly.

Toots did you see anything in the skies?

Been a bit hectic last few days. Went over to visit my step mum at the weekend. (she’s 97 in July) I feel bad I don’t go more often. Our telephone calls are a bit one way as she’s deaf so does most of the talking. It was good to see her. Then I went on to see my friend and her hubby. We’ve been friends since we were 6 when I moved in next door to them, a few blue moons ago now.

Hope Andy and family are keeping well.

Have a good day my friends xxxx

Old 02-27-2023, 10:49 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Have a good day to all.

I hope you feel better, PJ *hugs*
Old 02-27-2023, 11:54 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hugs Peej, fight that black dog.

SE, I used to be dreadfully travel sick as a child, it must have been a pain in the behind for my mum as my older brother was too.

Mags I couldn't see anything too clearly from where we live, but I have seen them before when we live across the river, the view of the sky to the north was much more open there. If last night hadn't been cloudy, I might have been tempted to go up the Law Hill, a nearby extinct volcano which would give superb views.

Nine years ago, we were travelling by train from Boston to New York, hubby had booked us into the Waldorf for a long weekend to celebrate my 50th. On the train he opened a small bottle of wine for himself and, it being 2 weeks from my 1st soberversary, and almost my 'special' birthday, my AV was going nuts at me clamouring for me to join him. I came here and Suze talked me down, and I sailed through the rest of the weekend. (Even the bit where we got a free voucher at check in for a cocktail from the bar!). If I had gone that far and started drinking again, I'm not sure if I would have been able to quit again, or whether my AV would have convinced me for long enough to take over, that I didn't have a problem. So if I didn't say it back then Suze, thank you for the help just when I needed it.
Old 02-28-2023, 08:05 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Happy happy Birthday Toots!