View Single Post
Old 02-27-2023, 11:54 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hugs Peej, fight that black dog.

SE, I used to be dreadfully travel sick as a child, it must have been a pain in the behind for my mum as my older brother was too.

Mags I couldn't see anything too clearly from where we live, but I have seen them before when we live across the river, the view of the sky to the north was much more open there. If last night hadn't been cloudy, I might have been tempted to go up the Law Hill, a nearby extinct volcano which would give superb views.

Nine years ago, we were travelling by train from Boston to New York, hubby had booked us into the Waldorf for a long weekend to celebrate my 50th. On the train he opened a small bottle of wine for himself and, it being 2 weeks from my 1st soberversary, and almost my 'special' birthday, my AV was going nuts at me clamouring for me to join him. I came here and Suze talked me down, and I sailed through the rest of the weekend. (Even the bit where we got a free voucher at check in for a cocktail from the bar!). If I had gone that far and started drinking again, I'm not sure if I would have been able to quit again, or whether my AV would have convinced me for long enough to take over, that I didn't have a problem. So if I didn't say it back then Suze, thank you for the help just when I needed it.