Old 11-15-2022, 03:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hello Overs

Have a good day! ☼
Old 11-15-2022, 04:30 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Snowing here this morning! Looks like at least a few inches on the way.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, overs!
Old 11-15-2022, 07:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good morning. It is snowing here too FBL.

Toots, the drive really wasn't too bad. Your drive in Spain with a Right hand car on a Left hand road (or vice versa) sounds horrific.

I had a good visit with my Dad and will go back this morning to spend a bit more time with him and then 1.5 hour drive to get to my Midwife friend's place.

Meditation and yoga seem to fall completely out of my life when traveling. Ugh.
Old 11-16-2022, 12:23 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Bekind, nice that you had a good visit with your dad.

Toots, reminds me of a certain evening I was driving home from work to my place in the mountains of Vermont. It was snowing (and full dark) and about the time I got to the uphill hairpin curve, I noticed there was another car on the road - a pickup truck with no lights on Another evening on that same curve I hit a deer. Bad mojo spot!

PJ, I gather you’ve been having a rough patch for awhile now. I’ll give you one of my late father-in-law’s famous sayings: “It’s a long road that hath no turning!” I know that’s cold comfort but you have worked so hard. I believe that it will improve

Purps, I think I’ve had about 8 or 9 “brat” cats!

FBL, you look happy!

Hi CK :-)

Mags, sorry to hear the new injections didn’t work. Hope the old ones do. I found out yesterday that my infusions apparently aren’t working as well anymore. Waiting on biopsies to be sure. These horribly expensive newer drugs don’t seem to be living up to expectations! I’m thinking the older and *much* cheaper reliable drugs may have potential nasty long-term side effects, but they are easier - and they worked for me! Sigh.

Hi SG, how goes life?

And ‘hi’ to Free, Dee, Suze, Viking, Dickensen and everyone else I missed!

Have a Happy Hump Day
Old 11-16-2022, 06:17 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Toots yes I mentioned that she could’ve electrocuted herself and she just shrugged. She wants her sister (or us)to live with her and look after her. So any mishaps she thinks will go towards us living with her.

Sassy, sorry to hear your infusions aren’t working as effectively. Hope the biopsy gives some answers.
I think with some prescribed meds we have a price to pay. In the pocket and health wise. Some meds, like my steroids for example, are great but the side effects suffered from them are terrible. It’s a vicious cycle methinks.

I receive my new lot of injections tomorrow (Friday). Back to the original ones. (Omalizumab) Hopefully they’ll be effective after the break I’ve had from them.

Been very tired last few days. It could be that the weather doesn’t help either, rain and wind. .
Mr. Mags had a bad day yesterday and I seemed to get the brunt of it. And sometimes I just don’t know when to keep my mouth shut. I have to chip in and add fuel to the fire.

Have a good day my friends xxxx
Old 11-17-2022, 04:39 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

(((Mags)))! When life hands us too many *raspberries* it can be very hard to feel positive! Sending lots of *hugs*, my friend.

Have a Terrific Thursday, my friends
Old 11-17-2022, 04:25 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good evening overs,

Snow and cold today. I got out and across town to visit my sister. I got to see both her grandkids. They both know me well enough that they are happy to see me. The three year old wanted a snuggle when she woke up from her nap.

I managed to do 30 minutes of yoga which was lovely.

I still need to get a flu shot and the back windshield wiper fixed on my car so have hopes of more adulting in the near future.

Mags, I work super hard to sit down and shut up but am not always successful.
Old 11-17-2022, 05:52 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I haven't been here in a while. . Good to see you all. . I'm tickled and anxiously awaiting December 8th, on which day I will have achieved thirteen years sober. . Thirteen years ago I didn't think I could make it but I'm glad to have been wrong.

Mostly my life is peaceful and quiet and I value the peaceful atmosphere in my home. Having Billie and the cats, Lily and Franny, adds to the calm air in the house. .

I am so very glad and grateful to have found SR back then. . I was drowning in a sea of wine and despair. Thru the years here I have come to make many friends, as 'real' as any friends I have in the O2 world, and even was given a lovely cat, Lily, from my friend Chicory. I needed a buddy for my lonely cat and she needed a home for Lily. Voila! .

I just want to say how much I love my friends here and how grateful I am to you for your support and friendship over the years.
Old 11-17-2022, 08:10 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Popping in!

Hi Least!

Hope you get a full recovery quickly Dee!

PJ - FWIW - I’ve never regretted any investment I’ve made into myself (and putting other things on hold to do so). I hope you do start to feel better tho.

Hi to everyone else - it was lovely to see updates.

we went to the coast for a cold weekend get away - gorgeous sunrise and sunsets due to the cold keeping the fog away. It was my Xmas present to myself to spend some time with the family before all the extra demands of being a mom at holidays didn’t get me grumpy/exhausted - I got my most important thing to me done first - actual stress free quality time with family. Learning from my mistakes

Anywho - hope you are well and are enjoying the seasons change fall/spring - which ever side you are on
Old 11-17-2022, 10:16 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I will get there. Been through worse.
Old 11-17-2022, 10:51 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Yours is such a great story Least. Many congrats on turning your life around.

SE, always great when you can pop in. I am glad that you got a little quality family time in before the holidays. It is a crazy time when you have two young kids.

PJ, one day at a time!

Take care all!
Old 11-18-2022, 04:03 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

It's 24F here this morning. Looks like winter is here.

Fran has informed her daughter that she will no longer go to the hospital. Looks like the end may be near.

Have a Fabulous Friday, overs!
Old 11-18-2022, 04:32 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Least, good to see you and congrats (soon) on 13 years

SE, also nice to see you and happy to hear you had a lovely family getaway!

Hi SG and PJ

FBL, it does sound like Fran has come to internal resolution. I’ve seen it before. Age, infirmity and most especially missing her beloved husband can have a huge impact. Sad for everyone around her but she has much courage!

Have a Fruitful Friday, Overs

Old 11-18-2022, 06:26 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Afternoon Overs

Good to see you SE. pleased you got some special time with your family. Christmas seems to be coming upon us quickly this year.

FBL, gosh that’s a big decision Fran has made. She knows her own mind though I agree it’ll be hard for other’s in her family/friends circle.

When my friend Jan was dying earlier this year with terminal cancer she had to go to the doctors and sign forms that she didn’t want resuscitating. How hard that must’ve been for her. I can’t comprehend.
I had a dream about Jan last night. She was happy (she always was) and smiling and gave me a big hug on the way to visit her daughter. It felt so real.

Least, I’m pleased you turned your life around nearly 13 years ago. you did good my friend.

You were one of the very first people to greet me here on SR when I first arrived, I was floundering like a baby bird learning to fly. I really appreciated those greetings and welcoming way back then. I remember being overwhelmed by the kindness and friendliness of everyone. A very special place. ❤️

Have a good day my friends xxxx
Old 11-18-2022, 06:46 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

OMG!😰

Ive missed a lifetime here!

Mags, some of the fried and true work the best, and you are correct, the break might be just the trick to have them work for you.🩺💉

Dickensen, same sentiments for you. 💊

Saskia, hope the double procedure went well, it’s the starving and prep for those that are the worst 😟

Peej, you too!, you’ve had quite the slump, I’m a firm believer in talking to pets.

Purps, we love kitties! We miss ours, but live vicariously through our eldest daughter’s orange tabby O, and he’s about 15 weeks now. So darn cute 🐈

Dee, oh my, Dee 👩🏻‍🦼🩼🦼🦽. WTH!?!? Since it’s been about a week, hope you are well on the way back to the real you. Do you get in home PT?

Serene, good to hear from you, bet those babies are keeping you busy. Hope you are getting enough sleep. The first five years of my twins were a blur. We all lived 👶🏼👶🏼

Viking, hope all is well, did you fill in the glass blowing class with another?

Bekind, you aren’t missing anything but unusually SUPER cold temps here right now. Safe travels and hope the kiddos are not brats. Maybe see your dad on way home?
Old 11-18-2022, 07:16 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

SE good you've had chance to recharge your batteries before the Christmas madness!

Free, good to see you

FBL I'm sad for you and all who love her, sounds like Fran had made her choice. I agree with Sass.

Mags that must have been a comforting dream, how lovely to see her fit and well and happy.

Hugs all who need one
Old 11-18-2022, 08:54 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

Free, it is super cold down here on the front range too. Ugh.

FBL, it sounds like Fran is taking the steps to have a good death. This is indeed tough things for all around her. Courage and peace to all you who love her.

Kids I'm helping out with are lovely. I spent an hour in the bathroom last night with the 3 year old who was taking a bath. The 13 year old actually came in and hung with us just to visit. I was so very pleased.

Well I'm off to brush snow off car, put on exercise clothes and go look for a gym and a place that gives flu shots.

Yeehaw and have a good one.
Old 11-18-2022, 02:57 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Dog unimpressed- thunder last night..she, so thru default , me also, had a rough night.
So grateful such concerns effect me now, rather than where the next drink was coming from. SR has been part of my humble journey. Not happy often, riddled with mental health issues, and physical- BUT I am always, always grateful.
Old 11-18-2022, 08:29 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Stargazer, FBL, and TOOTS! And not least, but LEAST 🫣🤓

so sorry I missed your mention…..🥺

such a great bunch of wisdom all in one thread.
Old 11-18-2022, 08:34 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dee, oh my, Dee 👩🏻‍🦼🩼🦼🦽. WTH!?!? Since it’s been about a week, hope you are well on the way back to the real you. Do you get in home PT?
It will be two weeks tomorrow Free. Have seen the ER and my own Dr. No PT. I have unfortunately been here before - not falling down stairs lol, but rib injuries.

Some residual pain but nothing like it was and I'm not limited in doing anything now

D