Notices

One Year & Over Part 89

Old 11-18-2022, 10:33 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Dee glad you're back to normal now.

Billie will come home to stay tomorrow after getting her stitches out and her e collar off. . It's been almost two weeks since I last snuggled with my girl. I sleep so much better when Billie is next to me.
Old 11-18-2022, 11:38 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Least are the stitches for Billie’s tooth extracts. Bless her.

Good to see you Free2bme. You back home now from your adventures?

BeKind, sounds like you had a fulfilling day.

Going to our DIY store this morning they open at 7am. Hopefully we (me and Mr. Mags) can agree on some flooring for the bedroom. 🤞.

Have a good Saturday my friends xxxx

Old 11-19-2022, 12:37 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Glad you are doing better Dee!

Hi everyone….up early as usual; can’t even remember how early I fell asleep last night but it must’ve been before 8! Crazy Friday night!

Acupuncture today yay
Old 11-19-2022, 04:14 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

Lovely to see so much activity here :-). Sometimes it gets almost too quiet. And especially nice when old friends visit.

The GI doc called me at 7 am yesterday and we chatted for nearly an hour. I am out of remission (IBD) and we are in a bit of disagreement about meds. One option is injections at home (which I can do and have done in a different context) but they are unbelievably expensive. I now need to do a lot of digging into my insurance coverage. Ugh. He wants me to either do that or go to infusions every 4 weeks instead of 8 (also expensive and at my age that represents a lot of “lost” time and hassle). I want to go back on my old drug that worked really well but has the potential for some really awful side effects. I hate decisions!

Have a lovely Saturday to all!
Old 11-19-2022, 05:14 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Dee, glad to hear you are on the mend.

Sassy, that's rough. Best of luck whatever you decide.

Customers are starting to get their books. Some nice comments so far.

Sunny but cold here this morning (20F). Windchill could dip below zero. Such is life in Wisconsin.

Have a Wonderful Weekend, overs!
Old 11-19-2022, 06:14 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Off to skiing this morning, maybe the store.

Sober Saturdays never get old. 🥰
Old 11-19-2022, 10:15 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Sassy, you’ve certainly got some choices to pick from. I can understand you not wanting to go every four weeks for infusions. It is an inconvenience you don’t need. I hope you can find the right meds for you without too much hassle for you.

When I first met Mr. Mags he wasn’t a big fan of the whole dining/going out to eat experience! (He still isn’t!) I couldn’t understand that at all. I loved my food. I remember him saying if there was a pill/tablet he could take instead of eating, it would suit him.

Free2bme I hope your skiing went well.

FBL, pleased you’re getting positive feedback from your book.

Purps, hope your acupuncture was effective.

The heavens have opened here. Think it’s been open all night. Absolutely chucking it down. Alexa just told me the rain is stopping around 6.45 am. She’s a mine of information.

We’re putting the flooring down in our bedroom today (hopefully). Then we can start bringing ‘stuff’ and small bits of furniture across in a few days. The decorator is coming to plaster (one wall anyway) and paint the hall. So we’ve gotta keep out the way for a couple of days Monday and Tuesday.

Have a good day my friends xxxx

Old 11-20-2022, 05:36 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Mags, sounds like some work to do in your new place. Once you finish and move in it will really feel like yours!

pj, I struggled with severe depression and anxiety for many years. It can feel excruciating. After about 30 years of therapy and hard work, I am probably about as “normal” as I’ll ever be. In that aspect of your life, I certainly can’t say “I know how you feel” but think I can say I have a glimmer. One of my hopes for you is that you find some relative emotional peace as I have. And then may feel grateful to be alive.

Have a beautiful (though a chilly29 F) Sunday
Old 11-20-2022, 02:00 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Spent about 3 hours visiting with Fran and her daughter this morning. I asked Fran how she was feeling and she said she just wants to go to heaven. She kept her head down and eyes closed, but once in awhile she would respond to a direct question. She says she's not in any pain, but that she's just tired of living. Her daughter may look into hospice care, but is very exhausted with the situation and she's an only child, so doesn't have siblings for support. Fran hasn't been eating, but just before I left she asked for some food, so maybe my being there did perk her up some.

Have a Super Sunday, overs!
Old 11-20-2022, 04:08 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Mags, the sutures were in the small cyst they removed from her left hip.

Sounds like you're making progress on your new place.
Old 11-20-2022, 04:46 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Awww poor Fran….I hope she and her daughter can both find comfort….they are lucky to have you as a friend, FBL
Old 11-20-2022, 09:20 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

FBL, Fran seems to have made her mind up what she wants. It is hard to watch a feisty spirited lady decline so.

Least, ah I didn’t realise Billie had a cyst removed. Hope she’s feeling no ill effects from it.

Sassy, yes the new place is coming along. I’ll be sort of glad when we’re in it but I’ve also got a scary feeling in my stomach. I feel safe where I am now, if that makes sense. New beginnings.

I can hear rain again. Some of roads yesterday were awash from the rain then it turned out beautiful in the late afternoon. Our weather always surprises me.

Think I’m going to have some porridge with honey now.

Have a good day my friends. xxxx

Old 11-21-2022, 02:02 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Mags, yes, that makes sense

FBL, hard for you though probably feels like a relief for her

Hi to all and have a lovely Monday

Old 11-21-2022, 03:38 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Mags it's funny but from the time we decided to move, I began to see more more things I loved about the house we lived in. Ultimately our reasons for moving outweighed our reasons for staying. I had serious concerns about living in a flat, I know it was me pushing for this particular property, hubby was ambivalent. So I was very nervous as the move became a reality. As it's worked out, we both love the house and the location of it, and once (if) we decide to move permanently to Spain it will be very easy to rent out.

FBL I'm sorry you and Fran's family have to sit and watch her decline, but as with the rest of her life Fran seems to be choosing her time and way of death. I hope her daughter will get some help either with Fran or with organising her own household for the duration so that she doesn't make her own health suffer.

Greeting all
Old 11-22-2022, 12:43 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Toots, yes! I think some doubt probably goes through many people’s thoughts too. I do like where we are going. It’s starting to feel like ours but I guess this place we’ve been in for years feels like a comfy pair of old shoes maybe. I’m sure I’ll adjust to the ‘new shoes’ so to speak.

Well it’s not raining outside for a change though yesterday we got a shock as there was a hard frost. We’re parking car on drive as we’ve put stuff ready for moving into the garage. So the car was frozen over. Forgot the days of scraping ice off windscreens before going to work. Such fun!

Have a good day my friends. xxxx
Old 11-22-2022, 04:08 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Good morning, all!

Have a good Tuesday
Old 11-22-2022, 11:26 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hi All - I just celebrated 1 year sober. Do you mind if I join you?

Thanks.

Scott
Old 11-22-2022, 12:04 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Honored, dear Scott. ❤️
Old 11-22-2022, 12:45 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hey Scott! More congrats on your Soberversary!!!

Old 11-22-2022, 01:42 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Scott
D