Notices

Class of August 2022 Support Thread Part 3

Old 10-16-2022, 05:18 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

All is well enough here in Wyoming except me. I’ve been cranky today. I think there is a car shopper in this not so good neighborhood. First thing when I moved in with my daughter my cable box disappeared from the backseat car floor. Now my Levi’s jacket has walked away from the backseat. The box will cost me who knows how much and the jacket really p….s me off. I will make sure nothing is in there and lock the car now for sure. My own dumb fault!

Kind of a boring day doing laundry and sorting through stuff. I’m broke until Wednesday. I’m whining tonight.

TC have a good Monday tomorrow.
Old 10-17-2022, 05:26 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Free.

It’s a real bummer getting things stolen. I hate it.
Hopefully they’ll leave stuff alone now that you’ll be keeping it locked.
Thieves around here will smash windows. Property crime and vehicle thefts are pretty high in these parts.
Have been lucky so far.

Off to work shortly. Can’t wait to get day one of teaching in the books.

Be well sober travellers.

Old 10-17-2022, 05:36 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Free.

I’ll sleep well tonight.
The poisonous person I thought I would have in my class did not arrive. That’s a big relief.
Could still show as a late entrant, I guess, but today gives me hope.

Now I can focus on giving my best to the group. They seem like a nice bunch.

G’night all.

Old 10-17-2022, 05:53 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad things went OK TC
D
Old 10-18-2022, 02:13 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hello , I managed to log in, still a bit iffy though, doesn't come up automatically like it used to do, never mind.

Thats a gorgeous dog TC. She looks so friendly and strong, like she's got a lot of energy. And I bet it takes a lot of energy to look after her lol. She looks a lot Doberman with a bit of Staffy in the face and colouring. Cute

Good to hear you've got a good group this term TC.

So sorry you've had things taken from your car Imvalentine. It's so awful and also disappointing when that happens. I remember when I got my purse stolen from the car. I needed to pop into the house for a minute to get something, straight in and straight out. I left my bag in the car with the purse inside. I pressed the button to lock the car and it didn't work so I tried a few more times and still couldn't get it to work so I just ran in and came out as quick as I could. My bag was still there but the purse with money and my bank cards was gone. I didn't even see anyone about. Some opportunist was watching. I felt sad as well as bothered about having to stop my bank card and the worry and everything. I got the card stopped in time anyway. Of course I've never left my purse in the car since, even after locking the door.

Collecting gkids from school as usual today. It's a sunny morning . I've written a list of things to do for Friday when I take the train. Still feel a bit anxious though, can't help that but I think I know what I'm doing, roughly.

bye for now

Old 10-18-2022, 04:51 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Free.

Thanks Dee.

Hi Worried,
Yeah, our doggie is quite strong. Her hind quarters are very muscular.
Mostly I get the reins when walking her, she has pulled my wife right off her feet once when she was younger.
She has become a bit more obedient now, a bit.

I try to picture your train trip. I love riding a train. I was lucky enough as a young man to take a trip through the Canadian Rocky Mountains on a passenger train. It was truly unforgettable.
Enjoy your trip.

Have a good day all!

Old 10-19-2022, 12:42 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hello

I enjoy train journeys too TC. When I was little we used to go by train to visit my grandma because my parents didn't have a car at the time. It wasn't a really long journey but it seemed very exciting at the time. So that's what I associate trains and railway stations with, excitement and travel.
The Canadian Rocky Mountains sounds wonderful, even more so by train

Quiet day here, picking up gkids as usual. Not so worried about catching the train on Friday now. I identified why I was feeling so weighed down - I was worried I'd forget something - simple as that. I'm always forgetting things when I leave the house - glasses, purse, phone - there's always something I have to come back in the house for, but I've got my list and plenty of time to get ready, so I'm not so bad as I felt earlier.

Hope you're feeling a little less cranky today Imvalentine .

Hope you're ok too Red.

And everyone, enjoy your day

Old 10-19-2022, 01:10 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I'm OK thanks. I drank 2 days, I didn't get smashed but enough to feel the effects like being groggy in the morning and not getting good sleep. Thankfully I do not suffer withdrawls, I don't know how but I don't. I had thought I was pregnant as I'm a week late for my period and it's normally very regular even though I'm 44, so I was churning the possibilities over and over in my mind and I figured if I test positive than I won't drink so I thought I might as well get a drink in 1st, dumb thinking but that's the AV I guess.
I'm not pregnant lol I'm probably on the edge of that next stage in a females life..
So I'm on day 3 or 89 minus 3 lol
I said I was gonna stick with starting over but I have nearly 3 months of sober time so day 3 doesn't feel right..
It was a struggle not to drink a 3rd day and I think it will be a struggle not to drink tomorrow as its another neighbours bday, 50 as well. At least the escape route is directly across the road and noone will care if I leave.. But I have been drunk at their house soooo many times over the last 5 years so I need a plan for tomorrow night.
Old 10-19-2022, 01:42 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you do…and that’s not a put down…you’re vulnerable to the AV right now…any forward planning you can do to not give in will be time well spent, red

D
Old 10-19-2022, 06:46 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Free.

I’m reminded of a story a friend of mine (from AA) had shared more than once. Without giving any names he talked about a couple he knew. They decided to have “one last hoorah” then they were both quiting for good, together.
One ended up dead and the other went to jail (for murder).
I’m currently terrified to roll the dice with alcohol. The ultimate effect might be something too big.

Red I hope you’ll have a good plan in place. Maybe skipping the birthday and relaxing with something you enjoy doing and a relaxing bath or a movie. Some self care.
Big hug.

Stay well friends.

Old 10-19-2022, 07:25 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Omg that's terribly sobering.. Anything could happen at the neighbours, we've had more than one 5am finish in his garage and my partners come home with big cuts in his back once and didn't know how they got there when he got home, I'm sure it was a fight.. So maybe best to stay away..
Old 10-20-2022, 04:20 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

That's a shocking story TC, though sadly, not surprising. It's frightening how many times I've rolled those dice. It's like playing Russian roulette and I can tell myself that it's really quite ok to do it.

I would give the party a miss if I were you Red, but then I don't see the point in parties unless theres alot of booze. I'd rather watch a film or read a book or browse youtube, anything but sit or stand around with a load of people doing nothing in particular except drink. And since I drink till I'm drunk, I only drink on my own nowadays anyway, no need for anyone else lol. So watch a great film or something and get some popcorn or whatever and chill and think how great it is to experience such simple luxury

I probably won't post till after the weekend as I'll be busy See y'all later
Old 10-20-2022, 06:28 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Free.

About 5 or 6 years ago, in a town about a 3 hours drive from here, I meet an AA couple with an interesting story. The two of them were happily at a meeting in the evening. Talking afterwards he told us that the last time that he and his wife went out and drank together he got hammered. LITERALLY! She hit him with a hammer.
They survived it. She, apparently, went to see him in the hospital hours following the incident.
I guess they found a path from there and sobered up after that.

Some good forgiveness at work there, I think.
I’m not sure I’d get past a hammer blow. Hmmmm….

Have a decent day folks.

Old 10-21-2022, 05:43 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Free.

Coffee is very good this morning. It is a quiet, cool, morning.
We’ve had nice sunny days. Cool, but sunny. I see that some states have had a dump of snow already. We’ve been spared so far. Actually, it’s a little bizarre how consistently our first snow arrives on Halloween night each year.

I have an appointment this morning to transfer the breathalyzer device from one vehicle into another. Pain in the butt. I have to leave work for the 1.5 hours that this will take. My wife will have to drive one vehicle also. Usually these things go ok. I’m expecting it to go bad today (just a feeling I have).
It has been 3 years. I have another 2 years to go.
I’m mostly accepting of the fact, but occasionally I get so bummed out and frustrated having to blow each time I want to start the darned truck.

Anyway, Fridays are a shorter work day for me. I’m usually home early in the afternoon. So, that’s good….

Have a good day all.

Old 10-21-2022, 06:00 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

TC, So very proud of you, happy for all of us. You bring strength and hope to the folks struggling at SR, and continued inspiration to those getting some good sober time in.

All of you in this class are doing well to stay connected, no matter where you are on the sober path. Never quit quitting.

🤓❤️
Old 10-21-2022, 07:05 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Free.

Thanks Free!
This is a really good place for me. A place where I can be my real self and get it all down on paper.
We all can.
There is still a bit of pretence out in the world. We feel we need to present ourselves in a certain manner at work, in public, around our peers. I can be confident, bold, and fun loving. I can also be uncertain, insecure and thin-skinned. Often, unfortunately, it is the lesser traits that steer my interactions with the world.

I love a day when the good stuff shines through. Sharing here when I’m happy, or burdened (especially sharing the burdens) helps a great deal.
Thank you for the kind words, Free, it means a lot.

Be well friends.

Old 10-24-2022, 05:52 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Free.

There is about 1/2 inch of snow out there this morning. Makes for some fresh, crisp, air.
Will be messy too.

I’m feeling a bit tense because I haven’t got a real plan in place for the class today. I’m sure it’ll all work out.
I used to ‘wing it’ about 94% of the time. This is my trade and I know it well, so instructing it is usually not a problem. (Always learning though).
As I get a bit older, maybe a bit less sharp, and a bit more tired, I find that some planning and preparedness is nice. Less pressure in my chest when I’ve got it all laid out and scheduled.
Students are able to perform their role better when following a plan as well.
I’m sure it’ll all play out just fine.

Have a decent day all.

Old 10-27-2022, 02:59 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hello people of August '22

My sleep is all over the place so I'm all out of kilter but never mind, I'm still sober

Hope you're managing to get a bit of prep done TC

I had a lovely weekend seeing my older son. He's ok and happy, so lots to be grateful for.
The train journey was good too, though it was getting dark for a lot of it both ways, so had my cryptic crossword book to ponder over.
It's great to have a break even for just a couple of days, it really gave me a lift.

Yes TC, I'd say there's quite a lot of pretence in the world but as TS Eliot once said "humankind cannot bear too much reality".

I should really get myself together enough to get some laundry done and sort a few things out. Oh, I did sort out a small shelf stand yesterday for the cats. It's a wooden sort of square shelf thing with 4 small square shelves just the right size for cats. So I've moved it next to a radiator and put blankets on each shelf and a box to get to the higher shelves for the older cats. Don't know if they've discovered it yet or are even bothered, but I've been meaning to do it for a while, so we'll see eventually. Hopefully I'll get around to more things today besides the usual jobs.
Temp here is 13 degrees according to my tablet widget, so mild for the time of year. It was about 18 down south and we could go for a bite to eat and sit outside, it was lovely.
Snow on halloween TC? Thats quite early for snow, shame it didn't come regularly every Christmas . Halloween should have dark ominous clouds and thunder and lightening .

Well, time for another cuppa while I summon up some motivation

bye for now

Old 10-27-2022, 05:04 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Free.

Hi Worried.
Glad to hear that your trip treated you well. That’s nice!
The cat cubicle sounds like a fun idea. The cats will enjoy that.

We had a skiff of snow a few days back. It will be 10C or warmer this weekend, so nice autumn weather again.

Have a decent, sober, day all!

Old 10-29-2022, 02:12 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Morning

It's a very wet and rainy morning here. Looks very Octobery

I'm taking a pumpkin round to carve with the gkids later today. Picked up some luminous paint in Aldi, not sure what we'll do with it, maybe paint the pumpkin , we'll see.

Been struggling a bit with tiredness and head going round and round negatively. Having to keep giving myself a little talk on self esteem and stop myself sinking lower. But a little better today. Got a bit of sleep last night so that's improving.
No drinking, that's the main thing.

Hope you're enjoying your weekend TC

bye for now