Notices

Class of August 2022 Support Thread Part 3

Old 10-01-2022, 05:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good morning all.

Red I always say I’ve been blessed with a wandering mind. I can space out when needed.

I have yin yoga this morning and then babysitting pretty sure of. I’m going to ask my ex AA enemy if she still sponsors or knows of anyone who might be willing. I hope she can. I need someone who knows BS and will call me on it.

Glad you didn’t have to hangout with your boss every minute TC. Some bosses are intolerable.

Have a good Saturday everyone.
Old 10-01-2022, 05:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Free.

I’m up early today. Enjoying a big coffee.
Cat is purring and kneading next to me. Not a bad start.

Old 10-02-2022, 08:16 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Free.

Day 63 for me today.

Have a good day all.

Old 10-02-2022, 04:36 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

This has been a crappy day. I’m tired and was not up for drama today. I couldn’t get to sleep last night and dreaded getting up this morning. Teenage Gson has been up to no good. I believe he’s been here a week and has already received a ticket for pot. They were stupid enough to tailgate an undercover cop which everyone knows who they are anyway. I didn’t respond to his other Gmother when she called last night either. I told my daughter and her I’m not his mother or legal guardian. I spent most of the day at my son’s with that Gdaughter. I’m going to bed early tonight. Tomorrow will be a busy and better day! Plus it’s AA phone meeting day. No more whining!

Have a good evening everyone.
Old 10-02-2022, 07:58 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

You all are doing FANTASTIC, and the support you have for each other is so important and wonderful.

Keep walk-in the walk.
Old 10-03-2022, 12:53 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Good job, people! Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 10-03-2022, 06:56 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey all - thanks for the support these past two months! I'm going to move my quit offline. I wish you all the best moving forward.
Old 10-03-2022, 12:49 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Day 73 minus 1 day. I drank 3 wines the day after a raucous party I managed to stay sober at.. I had done so well, even after buying heaps of booze to drink I managed not to open any of it. I went to pour a drink so many times but kept putting it off. I was offered lots of drugs and said no to all of it.. But the day after I think ild had enough and at the end of the day I caved, I won't do it again though. If we didn't go to the pub at the end of the day I would've stayed sober, I didn't realise we were going and I was worn thin from resisting for 2 days and watching everyone else around me drink and drink and drink..

So my takeaways are this.. I can stay sober at a party but its very risky and there is only so much I can handle and I need to make sure I come 1st because next time I might not jump straight back on the sober bus..
Old 10-03-2022, 01:30 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Sounds like hard-earned wisdom to me, dear RED. s ❤️
Old 10-03-2022, 03:36 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry to see you go TZ, but the doors here swing both ways Todd - we're here if you ever need us

It was a huge ask Red with all those activities. I declined a lot of invites my first year...the things I did go to I always ALWAYS had a stay sober plan like this:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...val-guide.html (Social Occasion Survival Guide)

and always an escape plan if my sober plan was weakening....
Old 10-03-2022, 04:15 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Free.

Take Care TZ.
Old 10-03-2022, 05:10 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Free.

I’ve derailed similarly in the past Red. After keeping it together for several days at a family wedding, got home and ended up imbibing within a few days. I’m not sure how I would explain/describe it.
I suppose there is little point in justifying it.
I entirely believe that alcohol is a destructive poison, not just for me, but for anyone that ingests it. The things it does within our bodies and the way our bodies react to it are clinchers for me.

Reading Annie Grace’s “This Naked mind” has lead me (enabled me ) to re-frame the way I look at alcohol. I now see some truths that I was once blind to.

I’m maybe rambling a bit.
I have to hit send before I time out.

Old 10-04-2022, 06:32 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Free.

If I drink gasoline I’ll probably: get high, stumble around, throw up, fall down, pass out.

This is my body warning, and protecting me from a poison.

About the same with ethanol.

Old 10-04-2022, 01:44 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

TC, I've read Annie graces book, I have both her books in th ephysical and as audio books and am on her companion app. The alcohol experiment is how I got this far this time, although I didn't finish the 30 days, maybe I need to go back and finish.

I couldn't imagine drinking petrol or ethanol TC..
Old 10-04-2022, 01:53 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Sorry to see you go TZ, but the doors here swing both ways Todd - we're here if you ever need us

It was a huge ask Red with all those activities. I declined a lot of invites my first year...the things I did go to I always ALWAYS had a stay sober plan like this:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...val-guide.html (Social Occasion Survival Guide)

and always an escape plan if my sober plan was weakening....
It was a big ask and I essentially got through it, the last part of going to the pub was a mistake and I knew it as soon as I found out we were going.
I'm proud I managed to do what I did though and learn what not to do next time which will be easier as there will always be an escape route if I'm here in my home town..
Old 10-04-2022, 01:53 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I can't do that comparison. (alcohol/petrol). It is just not real for me. I also don't see alcohol as a poison. Personally, I think that is a dangerous headspace for people in recovery. It is our powerlessness over the alcohol that was our problem. I am an addict: once I pick up drugs or alcohol, I lose my ability to choose. I have no control. And my addict brain likes to keep going despite the ill effects. I am the problem, and I am also the solution. I get to choose to not pick up that first ...anything.
Old 10-04-2022, 03:40 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Alcohol is ethanol. Alcohol is in antibacterial wipes. Alcohol kills germs and cells. Alcohol is jet fuel. It’s the same stuff. It’s hard to believe it’s marketed and legal. Hard truth, very hard. So many people duped, me one of them. No more.

For me, being a “responsible drinker “ is just as ridiculous as asking someone to be an occasional heroin addict, cigarette smoker, or cocaine user. All addictive substances, as is alcohol.

Old 10-04-2022, 03:46 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Not on the same page with you here, love. Also not being argumentative, just my feelings, and I feel rude if I say nothing; it is like I am ignoring you.
Old 10-04-2022, 04:08 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I have to agree with venus on this one. We all have our opinions.
Old 10-04-2022, 04:13 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Free.

My body immediately defends against alcohol because it’s a deadly poison and it is so bad for me.
There is no fun in it. I don’t think there ever was.

Yes, I chose not to pick it up. I am empowered in that choice.

Whatever model of thinking keeps you/me sober is the one to use.

Society has built a castle of lies around alcohol use. I no longer subscribe.

There is no question, no doubt, that sobriety is the best choice for me today.

Be well sober friends.