Notices

Class of August 2022 Support Thread Part 3

Old 09-27-2022, 02:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of August 2022 Support Thread Part 3

Last part here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-2-a-20.html (Class of August 2022 Support Thread Part 2)

D
Old 09-27-2022, 02:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread Dee..

TC - things might not seem so bright right now but I just want you to remember that they are brighter than if you were drinking these worries away. Please don't jump over that edge, you're worth more than taking that death plunge..

Worried, Todd, imvalentine and lixie, I hope you're all having an amazing day sober..
End of day 66 here..
Old 09-27-2022, 04:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope today is a better day TC

congrats on 66 Red

D
Old 09-27-2022, 05:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wishing good mojo for you and your wife TC.

I’m off to my Sons today to babysit. Phone AA meeting at 11:00 and then pickup 17 year old Gson at library. The little one has never been there so it will be fun for her. We made it through yesterday with no glue puddles or new hairdo.

Yes Worried I love to do embroidery. I taught myself as a kid from stuff in my mother’s sewing pull open furniture sewing kit. That was in the 1960’s before YouTube! Then as a teenager I embroidered my jeans. I still have the open up sewing kit.

A good morning and day to us all.
Old 09-27-2022, 04:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Not a thing I had planned went right today. Son was throwing a hissy when I arrived and told me he didn’t need me until the afternoon. Received 1 afternoon text that he had one more stop to make and would text again. Not a word. I looked all over the library for 17 year old Gson who walked home cause he forgot. Somehow in my mind I thought the phone meeting was on Tuesday. Nope it was yesterday. I’m hoping tomorrow is a better day!
Old 09-27-2022, 05:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope It is for you too Imvalentine

D
Old 09-27-2022, 05:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Free.

Thank you all for the kind and encouraging words. Today was ok.
It’s good to be able to share when I’m feeling weary. Your support means alot.

Thanks everyone.

Imvalentine I hope your day goes much more smoothly.

I’m hoping to sleep well tonight and get some rest.

Be well sober friends.

Old 09-27-2022, 07:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

night TC

D
Old 09-27-2022, 09:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think today is day 57? Either way, I'm drinking hot water steeped over dried lavender petals. Who woulda thunk it...
Old 09-27-2022, 10:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go Todd - congrats

D
Old 09-28-2022, 01:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ToddZeile View Post
I think today is day 57? Either way, I'm drinking hot water steeped over dried lavender petals. Who woulda thunk it...
Awesome job Toddzeile. You could be on either day 55, 56 or 57. I had thought we were 10 days apart but then it was 11 and then the other day it was only 9 days apart and today is my day 67, not that I'm keeping track of your sober days lol although it does sound like it..
Lavender tea sounds interesting, I don't think I've heard of it before.
Old 09-28-2022, 01:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Goodnight and congratulations to you too Red

D
Old 09-28-2022, 04:56 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good morning from Wyoming.

Todd that sounds like a fancy beverage. Who’d a thunk indeed we would have been talking about lavender tea?

It hit me this morning that even though things didn’t go as planned yesterday I have no control over my goofy family. I work myself into a hissy of anger and resentment towards them and myself. I’m thinking about the good things that happened. Only plan today is a doctor appointment this afternoon. I’m going with my flow and everyone else can go with their stuff. I’ll help if possible and if I can’t I will say so.

TC hope you and all of us have a decent day.

Old 09-28-2022, 05:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

That open up sewing kit sounds handy valentine. I keep an eye on the you tube channels that do embroidery tutorials, some lovely stuff on there.

Glad you're ok TC

Mmm, lavender tea TZ, I've never tried it myself, though I love the smell of lavender .

Well done on day 66 Red

keep on keeping on everyone

42 days for me, 6 weeks, yaaay . Mounts up so fast, it's frightening.
Old 09-28-2022, 06:12 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Free.

I have to work shoulder to shoulder with the boss man for a bit this morning. I don’t like the man. He’s a bit seedy and I don’t think he has much of an opinion of me either.
My goal is to not let on any. If he leaves the situation feeling like all is well, then, that’ll show that I can be an adult about things.
To quote TZ; “who woulda thunk it”. lmao

Have a good day all.

Old 09-28-2022, 01:39 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

TC if you're a teacher does this mean your boss is the principal?
Old 09-28-2022, 06:01 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Free.

Red, I instruct in a post-secondary institute. I’m a trades (Carpentry) instructor so my boss is actually referred to as Program Head.
He and I got along just fine today. We didn’t spend more than a few moments working next to each other.
I’m sure it’ll all work out.
He (in the North) and the other program head in the south of the province have had to overcome some very real obstacles in the past few years. With the virus, a huge hack that crippled our systems for months, and some personnel losses they’ve had much to surmount. I respect that part, for sure.
If we didn’t work together he and I are two personality types that I’m sure would not associate.

Hi Worried, TZ, Imvalentine, venus and Dee.(and everyone)
Hope you are all doing well today.
Old 09-29-2022, 04:07 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hello all

Sounds like a good job TC, teaching something you enjoy . Sorry your boss is a different personality type, that's bad luck .
This is where I like being older, I don't have to be with other people. Never was good at socializing, cannot do small talk .

I remember someone, I think it must have been some sort of therapist lol, saying, that's ok, you'll be a good listener (trying to give me confidence in myself). And I remember thinking, actually I'm not a good listener either, but I didn't say anything as I felt guilty. The only person I really make an effort to listen to these days is my younger son who likes to talk about work. He can go into all the details of what he said to who and what they said and why and who they are and what they're doing at work and I really do sometimes have to make an effort and sometimes I feel like I might have ADD. Personal details like how many children they have and how they cope with childcare etc are more interesting.
My older son is more like me and doesn't say much, so our conversations tend to be shorter unless we're talking about a specific topic.
Oh and sometimes Mr W likes to talk which is always very one way and no room for even a comment from me. But I do listen because I like to try to be polite and because I want him to feel happy. Unless he starts talking while I'm walking out of the room and has me standing there for AGES. So now I carry on walking just say 'I won't be long'.

Well, I've gone on a bit today, but no one has to read it so I shouldn't feel guilty or silly. Writing things down and reading things is so much easier than the spoken word, I find.

Well, I hope your doctor's appointment went ok Valentine

Hi Red, hi everybody

Old 09-29-2022, 06:06 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Free.

I hear you Worried, I’m not a fan of small talk either. I try to avoid those situations when I can.
Usually if there is a lunch or a function I’ll arrive on time, but never the standard 6-10 minutes early.

I’ve never been the person that arrives 20 minutes early for something. That would be worse than pulling teeth for me.

Happy Thursday everyone!

Old 09-30-2022, 03:43 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Worried, listening to people talk about things that are very uninteresting is like pulling teeth for me and it's a massive daily occurrence in my life. I have no issue if people wanna talk about their life and what's happening but imparting knowledge to a degree that it's like being in a lecture theatre is grimacing, my partner does it on the daily and I constantly tune out. I know its rude but I can't keep up with how electricity works to an electrician knowledge or how computer programs run or things like that and if I say I don't understand then it gets even more in depth.. My partner means well but it's incredibly boring..
I would rather talk about plants and gardens, the fabric of the universe, conspiracy theories, analysing behaviours, Spirituality and anything a bit deep..

You are a Saint for listening..