Class of August 2023 Support Thread Part 2

Last part here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-1-a-20.html

D
Old 08-25-2023, 08:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
The food is really good. Breakfast we can get whatever from toast, , porridge, toast, boiled eggs, fruit. We have a choice of meals at lunch and supper, I generally get chicken for lunch and a nice salad for tea. The tea trolley goes around a couple of hours after meals with biscuits, sandwiches, soup, tea, coffee. Tea and coffee are served at meals too. This is a state hospital even.
Sounds pretty good in that aspect FF
Old 08-25-2023, 09:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Morning, folks. It's day 17. Feel OK. Looking forward to breakfast. Was prettty depressed yesterday about not getting out but OK now. I guess there are worse places to be than the psych ward. Grateteful for lots of things I have in here. I suppose I've never made it 17 days sober in 2023 so being locked up might not be the worst idea. Hopefully get out Tuesday.
Old 08-25-2023, 09:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

A tea trolley! Are you staying at Hogwarts? That sounds fab. Are you comfy and sleeping ok freedomfries?
Old 08-25-2023, 10:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sleep is crap but it always is.
Old 08-25-2023, 10:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey FF - you seem like you are doing okay. Just hang in there. Take advantage of the services they offer, You are doing great! I can never sleep either. I usually end up reading a book. You wouldn't believe the number of books I've read this year.
Old 08-26-2023, 02:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning all

I'm with you on tiredness Cstix. I fell asleep twice yesterday afternoon. I'm with Venus too tho, I love coffee but never drink it after midday.

Food sounds great FF. Maybe look on this place as a good foundation for staying sober and getting your meds sorted too. Sounds like a good place.

Day 6. Felt and looked awful all week and before. Plus sleep dreadful which doesn't help but that is improving now. I know there are 2 choices. It gets better by me staying sober or it goes back to how it was and worse by picking up again. It's all about changin mindset for me too - not not drinking but being happy and healthier by being a non drinker. Sunny here today so sitting in garden reading. Jr RAL away for weekend.

Congrats on getting through Red and everyone on another sober day. x
Old 08-26-2023, 02:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 328.
Old 08-26-2023, 07:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Problems with my daughter and also with a lady friend.
feeling down.
I'll hang in somehow
Old 08-26-2023, 08:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Zenith, sorry your down. Some days are more of a test than others. Sending good vibes.

FF, hang in there, you are doing good. Keep that "can do attitude"

I'm doing good. No issues that are troubling. Doing my recovery maintenance ODAAT. Loads of things to keep me busy and feeling useful.

My key tag collection is growing and, so is my recovery.
Do something nice for yourself today
Old 08-26-2023, 01:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks Brandy and RAL.

Had no Internet today which was awful. Then I realised I had bought a 30e plan and only topped up by 20e, so I was burning through that 20e paying a euro for 100mb or whatever it is. Have Internet again which is good. Going to try and get some sleep now, I've been up since 430am save a 30min nap. Going to wake up on day 18.

Old 08-26-2023, 01:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

FF I can understand things might get a bit tedious in there. Glad you have the net to distract you.
Day 18

🧰 Got my recovery toolbox handy in case you need help FF. Hang in there. Get rested buddy.
Old 08-26-2023, 01:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Thanks Brandy and RAL.

Had no Internet today which was awful. Then I realised I had bought a 30e plan and only topped up by 20e, so I was burning through that 20e paying a euro for 100mb or whatever it is. Have Internet again which is good. Going to try and get some sleep now, I've been up since 430am save a 30min nap. Going to wake up on day 18.
What a pain FF, I've done that before lol
How much data do you get for your 30 euro?
Old 08-26-2023, 02:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I can drink coffee in the late arvo, I am however a late sleeper, maybe that's why lol

RaL- did you say it was sunny? Are you sure? I've lived in your country before 😂 I guess it's still summer there.. I remember when the sun would come out, everyone would be in the parks, in the beer gardens shirts off, people drinking everywhere, it would only be like 19 degrees Celsius.. This was in the Burgh though..
I'm glad you're not drinking though.. Well done for 6 days too..

I'm on day 5, feeling very tired but that's because we stayed up late watching the sinner on Netflix, such a good show.. I'm meeting a freind for coffee this morning, something I don't do anymore, I don't really hang out with anyone anymore, it will be nice though..

I'm going to share something personal.. I did the 1st fully formed poo I've done in a long time this mirning. I know that's gross but it's a sign that the bowels are improving from not drinking, you can tell a lot about a person's health by their bowel motions lol..
Old 08-26-2023, 02:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
RAL

HI Red
It was 16 degrees and sunny today and I sat out in shorts That's pretty hot for us
I know what you mean about bowel stuff too -I've had problems all week but improving.
Day 6 ending. sober saturday night x
Old 08-26-2023, 09:02 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Mdorning, folks. It's day 18.

We normally get a fry for breakfast on Sundays, so looking forward to that.

Going to read some of the big book today and listen to The Unexpected Joy of Sobriety.

Originally Posted by Red78 View Post
What a pain FF, I've done that before lol
How much data do you get for your 30 euro?
Unlimited calls, texts, data.

I'm sure there's a fair usage policy but I'd never hit the limit on my phone.
Old 08-26-2023, 09:31 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

LOL poo flow has improved, sweet Red. I have the opposite problem at times. Typhoon warning the shite hits the fan, yucky mucky stuffy. More fiber I tell myself.

Slept a bunch today, doing some late-night chores and busy time. Watching the Flash movie with the multiverse spacetime distortion stuff, life gets more complicated that way...LOL. Sober is so much simpler than the alcoholic multiverse of madness.

Keep rocking it guys. It is the first drink that gets us drunk. Don't let one glass of wine tell you what to do. It is all a trap.
Old 08-27-2023, 01:19 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning all
Pretty quiet on here overnight, Hope everyone is ok.
Your day sounds good Zen and hope you are sleeping soundly now

Day 7. 1 week. It's actually been a while since I got to a week. Still feeling pretty rubbish even though I'm sleeping better I'm waking up groggy and sluggish. i'll still take that over hungover anyday though. Still look terrible but so be it. Mentally I feel much stronger and surely the only way is forwards and things will get better in all areas. It's still very early days.
Hope everyone has a good Sunday.
Old 08-27-2023, 01:31 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Congrats on a week RAL.
Old 08-27-2023, 01:34 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
RAL

Thanks FF, How are you today?