Notices

One Year & Over Part 88

Old 09-13-2022, 10:10 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I thought I had lost my mind this morning—I read that post about four times.
Old 09-13-2022, 11:03 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Oh Canadiankoala, I thought you had been around awhile. Ugh. Count me amongst the terminally confused.

And thanks for your continued presence!!!!
Old 09-13-2022, 11:37 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Aawww. I love you all
Old 09-13-2022, 10:37 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Love you too Koala.

Lots of people camping out in readiness of the Queens funeral on Monday. Most of our shops will be closed for the day, well it’s a bank holiday. I was thinking it was Friday today but it’s only Wednesday! they’ll be camping a few days yet.

Going to look at the new place later. Looking forward to having a look round again. Not sure if I’d mentioned but when we passed by last week the furniture had been emptied from it. So we will have a clearer idea of where our stuff will go. Mind you, me and Mr. Mags rarely agree on stuff so I’m sure there’ll be challenges. Not serious ones though.

In a way it’ll be a new start for us….after nearly 29 years married. We both had our own places when we met. We moved into my place which Mr. Mags regretted over the years. But with my drinking etc life just went on.

So this is a place chosen by the both of us and I love that he speaks of the plans he has for it.
No, it wasn’t by the sea which I wanted when we retired but he cares for his mum more deeply than he’d ever say and wants to look after her as long as he can. So wherever Mr. Mags goes, so do I.

Have a lovely day my friends. xxxx
Old 09-13-2022, 11:48 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Mags every marriage must have give and take, and I know you will love the new home
Old 09-14-2022, 12:01 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks toots. I’m sure we will. Booze made me a selfish person, I’m ashamed to say. I took more than I gave. Which isn’t like me at all. Glad that’s behind me now.
Old 09-14-2022, 02:37 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
And there was me thinking I was confused believing CK was an over for years!
Me, too! Yesterday I was writing while CK posted

Have a Happy Hump Day, Overs
Old 09-14-2022, 08:22 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

I went out to check if there was snow on the mountain tops as it rained last night but nope, not yet. While I was outside looking for snow, I saw a stag with an amazing set of antlers. I see deer a lot but mostly does.

Yesterday was a pretty good one: I made an appointment to get a covid booster, went for a bike ride, had a good talk with my neighbor and meditated.

Today I'm hoping to get my neighbor to check out my bike (he is an amazing bike mechanic), plant some Russian sage that came yesterday, and again get some exercise.
Old 09-14-2022, 10:22 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Bekind, I bet the stag was a Marvellous site to see.

Had a good visit to our new place. The owner’s daughter greeted us. Her mum is in a home with dementia, sounds like she’s at the final stages sadly. She told us about our neighbours who sound very nice, they’re older than us and it’s a very quiet area. Perfect for me.

It was good to look at it with out any furniture in it. It’s a nice big lounge and kitchen and I’m hoping to get a shower cubicle in the bathroom. Stuff to do when we’re in.

Mum in law came with us and was looking for an airing cupboard. She has to have one and when they had a combi boiler fitted fil had to put a small radiator in the cupboard so she could have an airer. She was very disoriented being somewhere unfamiliar.

Andy, hope the bread’s still baking well!

Have a good day my friends xxxx

Feeling a bit rough this morning with my sinuses for some reason. I’ve had a couple of paracetamol so hopefully it’ll pass.

Old 09-15-2022, 01:10 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Mags, I missed a bunch of posts yesterday including yours. How lovely that Mr Mags cares so much for his mum. Sounds like you still like your home-to-be!

Bekind, seeing that stag must have been awesome. Happy to hear you felt ‘up’ yesterday.

Have a Terrific Thursday
Old 09-15-2022, 04:44 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Love you too, CK!

Marriage isn't for me. But for those of you who are happily married, more power to ya!

Met with my new primary care physician yesterday. Seems like a friendly fellow. He checked me over and said "see you in a year!" That's what I like to hear from my doctor!

The current book project is nearing completion. It's up on our website, so now we hope and pray for the orders to start coming in.

Have a Thunderous Thursday, overs!
Old 09-15-2022, 06:08 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

People thought I was insane to move here to marry Nick after knowing him for such a short time.
But I am happy to tell you all that we are about to celebrate our fifth anniversary. Amazing, huh?

And yes, I am a happy camper.
Old 09-15-2022, 07:07 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Magsie

Suze, 5 years! It’s flown by love. ❤️
Old 09-15-2022, 07:29 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I know. Seems impossible.

I remember my neighbour saying: Well, what will you do if it doesn't work out? You can't run home to mum."
I was really upset about that comment. I am not the run-home-to-mum type of person, and my parents are gone.
Old 09-15-2022, 08:31 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Good morning all. I'm like FBL in that marriage isn't for me. I feel a bit hypocritical in that I love people getting married and having happy marriages.

We had lots of rain last night which is lovely and there is snow on the high peaks. In Alaska they call it termination dust.

Today I get my 5th vaccine and go grocery shopping so it will get me out of the house. at least.

I'm still waffling on doing a long bike ride this weekend. Ugh. I'm a big waffler. Not one of my favorite characteristics of myself.

Well I'm off to drive down valley, hopefully with enough time to buy some plants. This is the time of year to get perennials in so they are established by the spring.
Old 09-15-2022, 08:46 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Magsie

Suze, your neighbour was probably reciting one of those comments people say without thinking. though it was thoughtless of her. She doesn’t know you very well.

Bekind, all the best with your covid vaccine.
Old 09-15-2022, 09:08 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

She meant it, Mags; she thought I was mad for doing this.

I understand marriage not being for everyone.

All the best with the booster, Bekind; Nick had his on Monday and just had a sore arm for two days.
Old 09-15-2022, 10:01 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Wow 5 years! That has gone by fast….Congrats you guys!
Old 09-15-2022, 10:06 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Thank you. 💜
Old 09-15-2022, 11:45 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Happy anniversary to you and Nick!

🪅🎊🪄🎉❤️