Notices

One Year & Over Part 88

Old 09-17-2022, 02:26 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tanky View Post
oh and hi overs. Not sure if I ever posted here before because it always seems like it was for the “big kids” . although I am nearly 19 months sober now. 🤪
Hey Tanky! Welcome aboard!
I had the exact same feeling when looking at these "overs" when I was an Undie, they were so much more "advanced" than me!

Have a good day Overs
Old 09-17-2022, 02:37 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Well, yesterday proved once again that I don’t have to be drinking in order to fall and embarrass myself….I was coming down a flight of stairs (outdoors in the rain) when I slipped and my bottom slid down the last four steps…(Whoops!). I figured I’ll see how it is waking up today and I think I’m ok, just sore all over…I’ve got acupuncture this morning & another appointment on Monday…glad no one saw me!
I hope you didn't hurt yourself Purps!
At least no one was filming!

Old 09-17-2022, 04:00 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

OMG! I missed a couple of days! I don’t know how I manage that I only discover it when I come here again.

welcome, Tanky

Suze, you have a lot of courage. Often those who take big chances grow significantly from the experience - whether it works out or not. Happy yours is working out!

Got the newest Covid booster yesterday and pharmacist suggested getting flu shot at the same time. I feel achy this morning and have sore arm. Will survive.

Have a Super Saturday to all
Old 09-17-2022, 04:27 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Welcome, Tanky!

Fran is back up north for the weekend. Some really nice late summer weather here with sunshine and highs near 80F.

Have a Wonderful Weekend, overs!
Old 09-17-2022, 07:36 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Well, yesterday proved once again that I don’t have to be drinking in order to fall and embarrass myself….I was coming down a flight of stairs (outdoors in the rain) when I slipped and my bottom slid down the last four steps…(Whoops!). I figured I’ll see how it is waking up today and I think I’m ok, just sore all over…I’ve got acupuncture this morning & another appointment on Monday…glad no one saw me!
Ouch. s

I hope you are ok, honey. xx
Old 09-17-2022, 07:37 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Thank you, dear Sass. ❤️

And love and good morning etc to everyone. ❤️
Old 09-17-2022, 08:08 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Thanks guys…I had just dropped off a dog at her condo, so I’m really glad it didn’t happen while she was with me….the dog is ok! That’s the important part… Maybe I should get a better pair of sneakers…and take the elevator next time it’s raining!
Old 09-17-2022, 08:45 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Yes, please, get some better sneakers. s 💜

Weird question, but what size are you? I have brand new, gorgeous Steve Madden sneakers that are the wrong size.
Old 09-17-2022, 09:44 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Lol I wear 7.5
Old 09-17-2022, 09:45 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Darn. These are 8.5.
Old 09-17-2022, 11:30 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Awww thanks anyway Sooz

I found some on sale at a nearby Shoe Carnival store….I’m not a fan of shopping, so for the first time ever I bought them online and will pick them up when they are ready….we’ll see how that goes
Old 09-17-2022, 12:56 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Purps, hope you are feeling ok. How scary!

Funny but awful video on person falling. Some of my mums weird British humor coming into play😬🤪. I needed that funny, CK

i wear 8.5 to 10s, depending on shoe type and brand. 😩. Suze, you are so kind

welcome Tanky,

glad Fran is doing well (I hope going up north means far away from hospital)

Saskia, my arm always feel like they’ll fall off after shots.
Old 09-17-2022, 12:59 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

I don't mean to brag, but I'm a size 13 shoe here. You know what they say, big feet, big...HEART!!!
Old 09-17-2022, 01:20 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hi Overs -

Ooowwww purps! Glad you are ok!

FBL - yay for sales. Ha ha.

Suze - congrats. You’ve worked hard to make it work.

I’m solo parenting with no daycare on a hurt foot with 2 sick kids bc MIL bailed on the last minute (again). I may come here in tears in the next week from being broken from failing to do five things at once all day and night long. Fair warning. (I set expectations low but still)
Old 09-17-2022, 01:23 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I'm checking in late here.

I had a charity bike event to go to. It was for cleft pallet kids. I wound up being really lovely. The ride was for 40 miles but my friends and I only did 20. It made me think that I need to do more of these things.

VC, yes perennials will survive the winter if they are in a zone in which they do well. They go dormant for the winter and then grow and bloom the next spring and summer. Annuals will bloom all summer and then not survive the winter while perennials bloom for a short time every summer. I think of perennials being like fire works they go off one at a time. Here we first get crocus then daffodils then tulips then iris then peonies . . . . I try to have ones that bloom at each part of the summer.

My mood was so uplifted by the long bike ride. I will spend the afternoon with a few indoor chores and working on the garden.

Have a good one all.
Old 09-17-2022, 01:30 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you’re ok Purps

D
Old 09-17-2022, 01:39 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
Purps, hope you are feeling ok. How scary!

Funny but awful video on person falling. Some of my mums weird British humor coming into play😬🤪. I needed that funny, CK

i wear 8.5 to 10s, depending on shoe type and brand. 😩. Suze, you are so kind

welcome Tanky,

glad Fran is doing well (I hope going up north means far away from hospital)

Saskia, my arm always feel like they’ll fall off after shots.
Do you know your size in Steve Madden sneakers?

If any of you can fit into the 8.5s, I will happily send them. xxxx

Sorry FBL—I don't think they will fit.
Old 09-17-2022, 01:42 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Oh, thank you, BK. I knew that, but I kind of thought there was some magic there that made the perennials stay in bloom through winter.
Glad you had a wonderful bikeride! xxxxx

And thank yo Serene honey; I miss you. I have been way too busy to catch up lately. And I am very sorry you are injured and looking after the kids on your own. s xxxxxx
Old 09-17-2022, 03:00 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hey Overs,

thankyou for all the welcomes . 🤗 & so good to read all your posts.

So I posted elsewhere in SR about why I knew I needed to come back to SR to read & post more - after being away for awhile. Largely because of going through an unexpected shaky patch.

But I guess some of the things that contributed to that are easing for me now. I have been doing a lot of work to stay the course - treating myself like a newcomer, following my program - even though I didn’t want to, and also reading and posting again on SR. and it is helping.

My friend who was out drinking that I posted about? The one who actually helped me get sober in first place. She appears to be back on a recovery path. She has attended a couple of zoom meetings with me. And I think she may have actually stopped drinking. (Not positive on that, though). But I feel like I did everything to connect with her and help her find the door.

Won’t go into all the other stuff going on, but I guess I may be in ‘eye of storm’? or more optimistically - back towards calmer waters.

part of what I am trying to grapple w for myself is to learn a little more that it is not my job to pour myself out into others until there is nothing left. That I have some value beyond what others need from me. This was integral to survival in my past , I guess - but it is no longer so. But embracing that is so damn hard for me.

So this weekend, I am kind of just sad and drained and feeling like there is nothing inside. Maybe a hangover effect from having strong feelings? That there is no me under the onion layers. But I am trying to be okay with those feelings, too. Without turning it into another moral failing.

Apologies for the long winded musing. I may have been sober for nearly 19 months , but I am still very new at emotional sobriety. 😂
Old 09-17-2022, 03:29 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Administrator

part of what I am trying to grapple w for myself is to learn a little more that it is not my job to pour myself out into others until there is nothing left. That I have some value beyond what others need from me. This was integral to survival in my past , I guess - but it is no longer so. But embracing that is so damn hard for me.
it is hard Tanky - but I found my capacity to be of service to others actually increased in real terms when I had stronger boundaries/left something in the tank for myself.

D