Notices

Class of June 2022 Support Thread Part 2

Old 07-11-2022, 11:28 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

You are anything but hopeless love. You are a warrior. Sending SO much love. And pease check in when you come home. s ❤️❤️
Old 07-11-2022, 01:56 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

I’m sorry about your neighbours Leshar

D
Old 07-11-2022, 03:16 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hey guys. I had a really really bad weekend, my SO left me. Yeah, I did drink. But I'm back--I'm broken but I want to be sober and not let this derail me more than it has.
Old 07-11-2022, 03:18 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

And holy cow I think I missed a lot. Will catch up. Have to say drinking is the worst-as bad as the last couple days were, drinking made it so much worse.
Old 07-11-2022, 03:23 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you drank Sam but glad you're back

D
Old 07-11-2022, 03:24 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I am definitely at the stage of I hate my life. But I have to get better. I can't let my pets and my friends down. This to will hopefully pass and the SO--he was an *******! I am better off-I know that--but it's tough being alone.
Old 07-11-2022, 03:25 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm sorry you drank Sam but glad you're back

D
thanks Dee. I am too.
Old 07-11-2022, 03:29 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
Hey guys. I had a really really bad weekend, my SO left me. Yeah, I did drink. But I'm back--I'm broken but I want to be sober and not let this derail me more than it has.
Oh Sam, I am so sorry. Please lean on us.
Being sober through this is going to help you get stronger love....and we are all with you ❤️
Old 07-11-2022, 05:12 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thank you! I will get past this. I m determined--it sucks but continuing to drink is worse.
Old 07-12-2022, 03:05 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Good morning all, Sorry iv been awol the past few days. I was actually replying on the old thread and kept getting messages saying the thread had closed. Thought it was me or a glitch. Found this thread a day or 2 later.
Well I hit my 6th week on Sunday after struggling a few days. As my longest time sober has been 3 months last year I'm half way to that marker. It's a little easier to think in those terms rather than forever right now.
iv seen the optician about the headaches and I do indeed need new glasses. They should be ready in a weeks time.

I was reading the posts from the last few days and by gosh that full moon tomorrow has a lot to answer for. (I like to blame the moon ) . I'm having difficulties with a certain individual myself atm. I say difficulties. I'm actually in hiding so to speak, not answering phone and such. One good thing about me not drinking is I have no patience for BS and I have no quarms about cutting anyone off for a peaceful life when sober. When drunk jeez I give so many chances and always to my own detriment ...Hmm I should learn by this 🤔
I hope you guys are all staying strong anyway. Love to you all. ❤

Sam, sorry to hear about the drink. Glad you got back on track though. Its hard, I nearly crumbled myself last week.

Old 07-12-2022, 03:56 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hello

Well done on 6 weeks chevy I was wondering where you were. Good to hear you've found the solution to your headaches .

Sorry you had such an awful weekend Sam glad you're back . I know it's tough being alone, but if he was an ******* then you're right, you're better off without your SO.

Leshar, that's just terrible to have neighbours like that, that just don't care. Is it still loud when you're in the house? There must be someone you can complain to who can do something about it.

Hope Alpine is enjoying the camping trip.

And I hope Stubbs will be back soon. Hi Stubbs Hope you'll be back soon

I'll be seeing the grandkids today. I'll be going early and having a coffee with my son.

bye for now

Old 07-12-2022, 04:04 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hi Bobdrop and John haven't seen you in a while, hope you're doing ok
Old 07-12-2022, 04:10 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chevy123 View Post
Good morning all, Sorry iv been awol the past few days. I was actually replying on the old thread and kept getting messages saying the thread had closed. Thought it was me or a glitch. Found this thread a day or 2 later.
Well I hit my 6th week on Sunday after struggling a few days. As my longest time sober has been 3 months last year I'm half way to that marker. It's a little easier to think in those terms rather than forever right now.
iv seen the optician about the headaches and I do indeed need new glasses. They should be ready in a weeks time.

I was reading the posts from the last few days and by gosh that full moon tomorrow has a lot to answer for. (I like to blame the moon ) . I'm having difficulties with a certain individual myself atm. I say difficulties. I'm actually in hiding so to speak, not answering phone and such. One good thing about me not drinking is I have no patience for BS and I have no quarms about cutting anyone off for a peaceful life when sober. When drunk jeez I give so many chances and always to my own detriment ...Hmm I should learn by this 🤔
I hope you guys are all staying strong anyway. Love to you all. ❤

Sam, sorry to hear about the drink. Glad you got back on track though. Its hard, I nearly crumbled myself last week.
Thank you for telling us about the full moon tomorrow; that explains a lot for me. I am also having difficulties right now.

Really good to see you Chevy, and Worried s
Hoping today is a good day for everyone! ❤️
Old 07-12-2022, 07:29 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. Wow, a lot of struggles going on--let's definitely blame the moon. I am not going to beat myself up, I'm just getting back on track and I'm not drinking. And with a few days to process, this breakup was the best thing, honestly as we are not compatible, I think I was holding on just to not be alone.
But, I like being alone honestly and I sure don't want to have someone in my life just to "have" someone--if you know what I mean.

I've made a lot of progress this year towards sobriety, and I'm not giving up now! Lesson learned, and I know for the future what to do when something like this happens. After all, as we all know, life isn't going to just give us sunshine and roses because we gave up drinking--so I need to be prepared for the down times.
I hope we all start to see improvements. I feel so bad for what some of you guys are dealing with--I'm with you virtually :-)

Old 07-12-2022, 08:24 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I know what you mean for sure Sam. s

Also....something I learned very early on in sobriety is that the struggles are surmountable sober. We get through them, and process the emotions and we can move forward. All of this is possible when we are sober.

And I am fine, don't mind me, just a very rare bad mood. Seems to happen the week before the full moon.
Old 07-12-2022, 08:25 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I know what you mean for sure Sam. s

Also....something I learned very early on in sobriety is that the struggles are surmountable sober. We get through them, and process the emotions and we can move forward. All of this is possible when we are sober.

And I am fine, don't mind me, just a very rare bad mood. Seems to happen the week before the full moon.
You are absolutely right!
Old 07-12-2022, 08:36 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hello friends,
Samwitch, I'm so sorry for what has happened to you. I'm glad that you're right back here. Take care of yourself.

I'm sinking into depression again. I haven't been able to get up at a reasonable hour, nor shower, wash up dishes etc, do chores since Sunday. Frequent crying spells. I have an appointment at the gym today. I'll go, but fear breaking down. I'm just so tired of this illness. I'm sorry guys, I don't know what to say.
Old 07-12-2022, 08:44 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I am glad we are talking about this Sam. I often hear people talking about how life is filled with thorns and pain. Bad things happening in the world, etc, so much to deal with. But the way I see it, life is pretty much always like that. There is good stuff and bad stuff, and we need to ride the waves. We get through the tough parts and are so much more grateful for the ordinary days, and then the special times become beautiful rewards.

Although we have had it pretty tough with covid, people have had hard times before. My grandma told me so many stories about London during both world wars (she was born in Poland-ish in around 1899, the birth certificate never existed, it was during the Pogroms and the Jews were fleeing Russia/Poland). She talked to me about the rations, and how little they had to eat at certain points during the first world war. She taught me to make yorkshire pudding, explaining to me that it was cheap and easy (back then) to make, and could be used as savoury or sweet. They put jam on it....I tried it....very nice.

The long and the short of it is that nothing she went through changed her attitude. She was tough, and she was strong and positive, and she taught me to be the same way.

Old 07-12-2022, 08:46 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Hello friends,
Samwitch, I'm so sorry for what has happened to you. I'm glad that you're right back here. Take care of yourself.

I'm sinking into depression again. I haven't been able to get up at a reasonable hour, nor shower, wash up dishes etc, do chores since Sunday. Frequent crying spells. I have an appointment at the gym today. I'll go, but fear breaking down. I'm just so tired of this illness. I'm sorry guys, I don't know what to say.
Leshar--I'm so sorry! I hope going to the gym-just getting there--will help.
Old 07-12-2022, 08:48 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Hello friends,

Dearest Leshar,

I am so sorry you are feeling this way. s

It is OK to have a few days away from chores love. I feel that you are so hard on yourself.
Even thinking about getting to the gym right now is such a HUGE positive. Really.
If you do go, and have a bit of a cry, you can pass it off as sweat: it is so hot!

Just so much love....we are all with you. And we believe in you. xxxxxxx ❤️