Notices

Class of August 2021 Support Thread Part 7

Old 07-08-2022, 10:53 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

I also recall Suze suggesting that site post limages.org. A few posts back?
Suze - you posted it on 7/5/22 at 5:17pm.
Old 07-08-2022, 10:53 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

They were Free's instructions....before we talked about it. I just said this:

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
That's really the hard way of posting pics love....if you click the hotlink for forums link, it is easy peasey, just paste it here and that's it.
Old 07-08-2022, 11:00 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Okay, so this?

1- Go to postimages.org

2- In the first dropdown field, select 640X480.
3- In the second dropdown field, select 'remove after 1 day'.
4- Click the 'choose images' box and find your picture.
5- After the picture uploads, click the button to the far right of the 'Thumbnail for forums' 'Hotlink for forums' row. This copies the link.
6- Then just come here and paste the link in your message.

Here's my rose again. This looks better than the previous time. I think I've got it now.

Old 07-08-2022, 11:29 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Geez never mind. I must really have Covid brain today. I read it that Suze didn’t suggest that site and that Free did! Then I thought that Suze and Free cross posted about the same
site. I better go drink more water and take a nap! Sorry for the confusion — all on my part. Yea a nap is in order.
Old 07-08-2022, 11:47 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Postimages.org is useful if you don't want to have an account, for sure. Resizing is up to you, and I am not sure about the remove pic part: I have never done that. s

Just choose your size if you want to resize, and use the hotmail for forums link. Just copy it and paste it here.
And getting better is way more important that posting pics today dear LHW. sending you more love. xxxxxxx
Old 07-08-2022, 01:34 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that, LHW!! Hopefully COVID goes easy on you and that it avoids you completely, Free- get on that ship!!!

Love the pics- all of them. I especially like the beware of giant alien insects- there is nothing better than a good pictogram sign. My friend and I share odd ones and try to guess what they mean- I can't wait to send this one along!

I really appreciate all the positive responses regarding my now defunct oven. It is indeed unrepairable. At this time, I am trying to process this completely inopportune situation, I have not reached the "find the good part" just yet. I'm sure I'll get there.

Good times! See y'all later- keep on keepin' on.
Old 07-08-2022, 03:53 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear about the oven Lisa, and the disturbed night of sleep. So much for Friyay, huh? Sending a hug your way, for what it's worth. Hang in there.
Old 07-08-2022, 04:31 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

It was more like Fri-insert fart sound here.
Old 07-08-2022, 04:54 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Covid has suddenly decided to visit me in a big way. 😭 No gentle knocking on the door, just a big “kerpow” for those of us old enough to remember Batman and Robin. Even my hair hurts!
Mr LHW tells me the next 24 hours won’t be fun. I’m following the same trajectory he did apparently. I’ll check in again when I come out on the other side.

One things for sure….there is no way I’d want to feel like this and be nursing a hangover! So so grateful to be sober.

Hope you all have a good weekend!

LHW

Old 07-08-2022, 05:00 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

UGH- We will all be thinking of you, I'm sure, LHW. Check in when you're able- hope you feel better soon.
Old 07-08-2022, 05:59 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

I like to post mine with no expiration date, that way people can go back and see it, otherwise it turns into a blue square as illustrated in James post. Personal preference, for sure.

So as James nicely stepped the steps, except I am now doing the hot link for forums. So much easier than brackets and toggling back and forth.

The caveat with that site is if you don’t pay for an account, they have rights to use your pictures and sell them to third and fourth parties.

LHW, sending positive vibes your way, healing, restful vibes. Please get well soon, and yes, for sure, drinking would make it WAY worse.

Viking, I am sorry about the ovens. Maybe just go for that double oven? 😉😍🧁🍰🎂🥧🍪🥮
Old 07-08-2022, 06:08 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you and Mr LHW make a quick and complete recovery LHW

D
Old 07-08-2022, 06:09 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Oh yeah, the boat ride on the Chena river was not the cruise. It was HORRIBLE. Tons of other people, coughing, sneezing, not even covering, or worse yet, wearing their mask as a lip covering (nose exposed like a man’s underwear slipping down in the front, if y’a know what I mean 😳

When we checked out the lunch, we were going to be eating with international tourists, about 200 of them, and when I asked about if this was ALSO buffet 🤢🤐, they said no, it’s FAMILY STYLE……..😡🤬🤯😱
We left and went to a Diners Drive-ins and Dives recommended by Guy F., called The Cookie Jar. Yummy. Then we did a scary walk (I’m in nice Sandals and a sun dress) about 4.6 miles in the 82 degree smoky weather back to the lodge.

Last nights dinner was a buffet, and I almost didn’t eat anything. I was shocked. This mornings breakfast was buffet.

The cruise goes out of Whittier. We are taking a flight early tomorrow to Anchorage, then getting on the ship for 8 days. I’ve never been on a cruise, so hoping the Covid test I just took is negative. I feel okay so far.
Old 07-08-2022, 06:11 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope its negative too Free
D
Old 07-08-2022, 06:54 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
wearing their mask as a lip covering (nose exposed like a man’s underwear slipping down in the front, if y’a know what I mean 😳
Wait.....what?!?! No I don't know what you mean. I'm not sure where you hang out, but I don't want any part of that action. I'm laughing out loud as I type this........LORDY!
Old 07-08-2022, 07:23 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Lynn, I wouldn’t have eaten one bite either! Fingers crossed you love the cruise. Enjoy!
Old 07-10-2022, 06:52 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Good morning my friends. It's been kind of a quiet weekend in our little corner of SR. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, as I bet that you all have been busy, or recuperating. LHW, I hope that you are getting your rest!

Went for a run this morning and had to freeze in my tracks once I realized that there was a German Shepherd standing in the trail, eyeballing me. I don't wear my glasses when I run, so I originally thought it was a deer. This trail winds through some residential areas before retreating into the woods. Turns out that the dog's owner was on her porch and there were THREE German Shepherds just running about. No fence, no leash, no nothing. Once she saw that GS#1 was a bit enamored with me, she hurried down and corralled it, but WHEW!!!!! There was a minute there where I was looking for the nearest tree to climb. I'm not sure what the owner was thinking, as there are numerous bikers, runners, and dog-walkers in that area. If I was walking a dog at that moment, it wouldn't have been pretty. Oh well, crisis averted and I had a good run.

Just wanted to pop on and say 'hey'. You guys are the best!
Old 07-10-2022, 07:40 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Last night's baking result. Good fun!

Wishing everyone a good Sunday- especially thinking of you, LHW and hoping you and your husband are doing alright.

Old 07-10-2022, 01:47 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

AMAZING cookies, Suze! Lynn’s recipe?

James, I ABHOR that garbage of dogs off lead. I confront the owners at all costs, and usually carry a walking stick to protect my space and myself. Glad you are on. Maybe report that with a pic to animal control.

Old 07-10-2022, 01:51 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

I am confused. I thought you were Lynn, Free. And the cookies are all Lisa; aren't they awesome?