Notices

Class of March 2022 part 2

Old 03-27-2022, 10:08 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Greetings everybody. I’m checking in as I’ve passed the two month mark over the weekend. Day 62 today

I’ve just spent a lovely weekend with my family. It was Mothers Day here yesterday, so I was suitably spoilt ❤️

I hope you are all well and feeling positive and healthy! Congrats to everybody on the sober days
Old 03-27-2022, 10:18 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Morning, all! Notice I didn't say GOOD morning... Haven't slept very well, I had to get up early this morning because the plumbers wanted an early start. That could have been OK, but we changed the clock yesterday and I'm a mess. It was very windy during the night too, and the wind caused the floor boards in the living room to creak, and I was convinced there was someone in there. It's 7.15 am now, and I have to work from 8 am til 6 pm. Hnng...

Oh well. Day 2. Have a nice one everyone.
Old 03-27-2022, 10:25 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

End of Day 134 - Ran 4.3 miles, felt great. Congrats to all milestones. Good night from Seattle.
Old 03-27-2022, 11:26 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning all

Wow this is amazing waking up to 3 pages of posts 😊

Welcome back Bob 😊

Zura-I’m glad your kids are well. Hopefully things will improve for you too now you are back here 😊

Liz-sorry to read that. Does your partner support your quitting? That must be difficult if there is pressure. I am with you on the clock change. It’s never affected me before but I felt awful all day yesterday, like jetlag. Hope today is improved.

Leshar-sorry you are feeling down. I would be the same regarding unknown people too and would not have gone either.

5T-can you miss the dinner -being round people drinking would be too hard for me.

Kitten-welcome back! 😊

Welcome back KTB, I hope you are ok.

Hi Tetrax. Hope you feel better today.

Welcome 10r. Great to see you on here😊

Sue-many congrats on 2 months sober 😊

Night CS

Day 29. Off to work today. So busy after being off for 2 weeks which is a good thing. I wonder if my work trousers will feel looser!! Anyway it's just a Monday. Feel sluggish after clock change which is just bizarre. I hope everyone has a great day xx
Old 03-28-2022, 12:36 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
back to day 1 as u prob guessed due to i havent posted.
good to see some new faces and welcome x also good to see everyone doing so well still.
i will be finishing this month sober.
have great day all x
Old 03-28-2022, 01:46 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Administrator

What happened erratic?

D
Old 03-28-2022, 02:44 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Thanks for the welcome RAL, Venus, Dee, and Zura. 1 week today.
Old 03-28-2022, 03:29 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  
RAL

Congrats on 1 week Bob.

Hows things errati?
Old 03-28-2022, 05:14 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

dee usual happened im afraid i didnt take tablets on thur and then started drinking. didnt try hard enough, just finding it hard when hub is also drinking and i just crave and give in. cant seem to break the cycle which i started last month. thought with my parents not phoning and talking to me since 6wks ago i thought i wouldnt be triggered, but nope im just back in that stupid poisoning cycle. on good note i feel more positive and will try harder well not try but do harder.hope that makes sense, so usual excuses.

thanks for asking and u also RAL x

i wasnt going to post until i had at least a week under my belt, but needed to post and be here.
Old 03-28-2022, 06:05 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Congrats dear Sue and Bob and RAL, and all other milestones that I cannot remember after reading all of those posts.

Old 03-28-2022, 10:17 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SimplySue View Post
Greetings everybody. I’m checking in as I’ve passed the two month mark over the weekend. Day 62 today

I’ve just spent a lovely weekend with my family. It was Mothers Day here yesterday, so I was suitably spoilt ❤️

I hope you are all well and feeling positive and healthy! Congrats to everybody on the sober days
Wow, 62 days is rock solid foundation! Keep going
Old 03-28-2022, 10:19 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Just checking in I’m day 21 today. Feeling tired from my anti psychotics. Looking forward to my birthday on Friday. Have a good evening and well done on all your sober days.
Old 03-28-2022, 11:17 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Sending love to you dear MissT s xx ❤️
And congrats on 21 days!!!
Old 03-28-2022, 11:42 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Hi all,
Welcome to all the new people!
I'm going to a meeting of our community theatre play selection committee this evening. It will get me out of the house, at least.
Old 03-28-2022, 11:55 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Good morning 🌞

It's so active in here and I'm so tired I'm just going to say yay everyone on their time 😁
Old 03-28-2022, 01:01 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

I relapsed and went on a 5 day binge.

It is actually crazy what happens. I didn't even want to drink on Tuesday, but was heading out to meet someone for dinner and had a pre drink, and then went on to get smashed that night, an insane binge, drinking at least 12 hours every day, waking up and doing it all over again for five days. I don't want to live like this anymore, that feeling of being trapped by drink, not wanting to drink again when you wake up but knowing it's horrible if you don't, as the withdrawals are too awful. Damned if you do damned if you don't.

It was a bad binge, drinking wine by 9am. I got into an Uber on Saturday evening, I'd been drinking since the morning, the uber asked where I was going? I said to the pub, he said 'You've already had a few haven't you, I can smell it'. I felt so ashamed. Fortunately I am not a bad drunk, I don't do bad things, but it just makes me feel like utter ****, mentally awful.

Just coming to the end of day two now. Day one was terrible, I didn't leave bed all day as I felt too awful. I knew if I walked downstairs I'd get tempted to drink again. I need to stop this now. I worry about my health, these binges are not good, drinking that amount of alcohol in such a sustained period. I'll be 40 next year, you hear about people having heart attacks from heavy drinking, I don't want that to be me. Your body can take so much but at some point...and you never know when that time is. A guy I knew dropped dead at 40 two weeks ago, he had abused drugs and steroids over the years which is a bit different but it just goes to show.

I want to live a healthy life, no more drink. I'm done. I am going to start going to AA again, I need to do something to maintain some momentum. I know after the first few weeks it gets so much easier.

I'll be in the April thread when it starts
Old 03-28-2022, 01:51 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Welcome back Primativo

That sounds pretty rough. Hope you start feeling better soon.
Old 03-28-2022, 01:54 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know living with a drinker is hard erratic - but you have enough evidence now to prove drinkings not good for you. Doesn’t matter what anyone else does.

Remember we are always here anyway to talk you out of bad ideas

Welcome back too Primativo - sounds like you might need a bit of a plan to combat those ideas like needing a pre drink?

congrats misstqueent SimplySue RAL CalmSelf and everyone else hitting a milestone today

D

Old 03-28-2022, 03:50 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I know living with a drinker is hard erratic - but you have enough evidence now to prove drinkings not good for you. Doesn’t matter what anyone else does.

Remember we are always here anyway to talk you out of bad ideas

Welcome back too Primativo - sounds like you might need a bit of a plan to combat those ideas like needing a pre drink?

congrats misstqueent SimplySue RAL CalmSelf and everyone else hitting a milestone today

D
I do. It's my anxiety, I really need a bit of space between my last drink and when I can venture out with no anxiety. Otherwise a drink sounds like a good idea. Deep down I don't want to drink but I do to cope with the situation. I think the majority of my anxiety is alcohol induced, as when I don't drink for a while I feel great.

I just need to not drink, but maybe in the short term really limit my social plans.
Old 03-28-2022, 04:07 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  
Administrator

yeah - I'm still anxious in social occasions and I don't think that will ever go away - but I limited my exposure to alcohol the first year and now it's not a tool I even think of anymore