Notices

Class of January 2022 Part 2

Old 02-05-2022, 02:37 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

=16pxBTG - glad detox went well! All uphill from now!

=16pxWillow - go for it with the cycling! Exercise is awesome, specially if it’s something you haven’t done for a while. I only recently started martial arts again after 20 years, and not only I m much healthier but I feel like a kid again, it’s cool because it s the kind of fun I had before drinking!

=16pxEnemdio - it s awesome to see the savings isn’t it? Specially now in the UK given the oncoming energy bills!

=16pxRM - I m really happy the class is going too, this is my last one as well for sure!

=16pxColin - I know what you mean about the milestones. It feels the same here, it’s nice but the feeling of being in control is the best!

=16pxEnd of day 64 here, it s been a nice one with some recording, some training, and a lovely chilled evening with the girlfriend. We also watched an amazing play yesterday, The Ocean At The End of The Lane, really recommend for those on the UK!

=16pxHave a good end of Saturday everyone!

Old 02-05-2022, 11:35 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Morning Guys. Congrats Colin - I've only ever got to 60 days twice before - once ended in a 3.5 year sobriety stint! Looking forward to being there again - me an' Willow will be there in 23 days. Then we all just roll on by into the long, happy and sober future.

Mr P and Raggedy, putting money where mouth is today and doing a full-day ride around the Yorkshire Dales all off-road on bridlepaths with pouring rain and 45 mph winds. Oh, and it's all on a fixed gear - I'll report back later, should I survive.

Have a lovely day, all.
Old 02-05-2022, 11:38 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Mr P - is that play based on the novel by Neil Gaiman? Do you have a link? I absolutely love, Theatre (Dahhling...)
Old 02-06-2022, 12:56 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Go for it Enemdio! That’s commitment! Unlike you I ll hide from the rain today with my music and severa cups of coffee!

It is based on the book indeed, I never read it so had no idea what the play would be like, it s quite something though,

Last edited by Dee74; 02-06-2022 at 01:03 AM. Reason: removed commercial link
Old 02-06-2022, 06:05 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Congrats on 60 days Colin. I think that's a great milestone. I've now accomplished 5 weeks sobriety and that feels great to me. Here's to today, day 36, and onward.
Old 02-06-2022, 12:16 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Congrats Chance on 36 days - you and Willow and I are within 24 hours of each other. Day 37 for Willow and me.

Biked 3 hours around the Yorkshire bridlepaths in awful weather and terrified myself on the rocky trails, but thoroughly enjoyed it. Roast dinner with lots of Earl Grey tea to rehydrate afterwards.

Goodnight all - sleep tight.
Old 02-06-2022, 12:22 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Goodnight....En.....I started a thing where we were calling you Em by mistake..... Oops.
Sleep tight xx ❤️
Old 02-06-2022, 12:28 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Congratulations Chance! As Enemdio said, we’re pretty close in our sober counts

The biking sounds pretty intense Enemdio! I didn’t end up dusting off my old rust box this weekend, I was too busy in the end, but I’m definitely going to! I found the tyre pump at least, so that’s a start

Mr P, I did martial arts years ago, and loved it, but I only did a bit over a year before we moved, and I didn’t get back to it. I do remember how much fun it was though.
Old 02-06-2022, 11:20 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Morning all - Em is fine Venus. I'm quite beaten-up from yesterday this morning but sat here by the fire with coffee and dogs - a day to myself today as wife is off to see her Mum. I'm not in much shape to do anything, perhaps just snuggle down and read. I've got an audiobook on the ancient history of art - cave paintings and all that - looking forward to it.

What's everyone else up to?
Old 02-07-2022, 05:03 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

I was sleeping s
Old 02-07-2022, 06:50 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Nice Monday here, lots of work, some recording, and training later!

Will post something more social later!

P
Old 02-07-2022, 09:56 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Things going good today. Got some work done this morning and heading to work out shortly. Still cold here today. It’s supposed to be 40F tomorrow. I’m tired of the cold.
Old 02-07-2022, 12:10 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

Enemdio I was probably at work Being in different time zones from most people means it’s often quiet when I’m posting. The fire, coffee and dogs sounds a lovely way to recover from your epic ride.

Mr P my Monday was busy with work too. It’s early Tuesday now and I’m getting ready for work again.

Scott I find it hard to fathom such cold weather. When it gets below 20C I’m freezing! It’s currently 23C and I’m still under the doona with my coffee
It’s going up to 30 today which is very pleasant. Perfect in my opinion It’s actually cooled off a bit the last week, phew! It’s been really hot and humid up until a few days ago, so the cool change is very welcome.

I succumbed to the sugar temptation again yesterday
I really have to reign it in, but it’s so hard to resist. I seem to have switched an alcohol addiction for a sugar addiction! I have to do a sugar detox somehow. I know once it’s out of my system a week or so it will be easier, but getting to that point is hard. I eat fruit, I just have to stick to that and ditch the pure sugar sweets….

Anyway, I hope you all have a good day/night
Old 02-07-2022, 01:16 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

I cannot tell you how funny it is to me that you are freezing below 20C dear Willow. ❤️
Old 02-07-2022, 02:06 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Em - ahh, the post exercise pain! It s bittersweet isn’t it? I m used to it now, if something doesn’t hurt I feel weird! Well done for going yesterday!

Willow - yes, it s amazing how addicted one can get to having his as kicked! Must say I ve been up and down with sugar myself, but it’s ok, one thing at a time, maybe get some healthy snacks?

Scott - how was the workout! It s cool to see everyone exercising, the endorphins really help with recovery!

Usual Mr P day here - work, more recording, then training in the evening. Got a book about religious experiences, so looking forward to learning more about that, have been agnostic all my life but had a couple of what one may call “transcendental experiences” recently, so trying to make sense if it all.

Keep going everyone! Great vibe in this class!

Old 02-07-2022, 09:51 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Morning everyone - up at 5:30am for reasons unknown - I thought it was much later and I'd already been awake for a while.

No idea what time it is where you all are but it seems like the middle of the night - even the dogs are asleep.
Old 02-08-2022, 02:00 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

It’s 8pm Tuesday evening here Em

lol Suze, you’re acclimatised now hey. I bet once upon a time you thought 20C was cold too 🥶

Mr PL I agree, I need to stock up on healthy snacks and not buy any sugary stuff at the supermarket. If it’s not here, I can’t eat it….

G’night everyone
Old 02-08-2022, 03:32 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

6:33am here. I am starting a new job today in a completely new career path. Nerves, excitement and anxious all in one this wee morning. Have a good day everyone.
Old 02-08-2022, 05:02 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

9am for me. At my desk...

Day 53. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-08-2022, 06:02 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chancellor View Post
6:33am here. I am starting a new job today in a completely new career path. Nerves, excitement and anxious all in one this wee morning. Have a good day everyone.
All the best dear Chancellor. ❤️