Notices

Class of January 2021 part 4

Old 01-31-2021, 06:41 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

1 month.
Old 01-31-2021, 06:44 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AL48 View Post
Today marks 62 days sober and tomorrow im going to start a diet. For all the wrong reasons i took to eating myself sober and have put on a lot of weight which now is affecting my sleep and mood especially in the evenings.

So tomorrow begins a new chapter on this sobriety journey to get fit and have a later in life body that doesn't wobble as much, no more reflux and start walking to work again without almost collapsing by the time i get there.
Great job on 62 days AL! You're staying solid and steady on your sober path and sound ready for a new chapter with your fitness. Thanks for showing us what it takes to get there.

Old 01-31-2021, 06:55 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AlbaSober View Post
1 month.
Nailed it Alba! Keep going. I want what you have.

Old 01-31-2021, 07:17 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Congrats AIba!!! ❤️

And you are doing GREAT dear siIversky!! s
Old 01-31-2021, 07:58 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by silversky View Post
Great job on 62 days AL! You're staying solid and steady on your sober path and sound ready for a new chapter with your fitness. Thanks for showing us what it takes to get there.
Thankyou Silversky and everyone for your constant encouragement. It might have taken a couple of decade's to get this far but feeling sober definitely feels better than hungover guilty and ashamed.
All we can do is take it one day at a time and help each where we can.
Old 01-31-2021, 10:03 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!
Day 4 and another blissful morning waking up not hungover. I slept considerably better last night. Been waking up every 1-2 hours but last night I was able to sleep 5 hours uninterrupted. I'll call that progress!
Grandson wore me out yesterday so once he was gone, I had to take some time to rest and then for the remainder of the evening I just tinkered. Didn't accomplish much but I didn't think of drinking as much.
Will be joining Feb 1 class as soon as it's available and will join up with some of our newer members to Jan class. I'm really looking forward to it. Will try to reply to some individual posts if I get a chance. I seem to have more energy this morning and now I'm looking at all the stuff I should be doing, so I'm going to take advantage and have a productive morning.
Old 01-31-2021, 10:23 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Sounds great dear Jojo.....so happy you had another successfuI evening!! s xx
Old 01-31-2021, 10:26 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Good afternoon to our new friends and classmates! And those friends with days counted up being sober, well.....

Day 14 here. I had a strong internal debate to drink wine last night. I won! Though look out, I have to be extremely careful as one event is here that make me want to drink lots of wine because it was always “fun”.
Big snowstorm beginning tonight. Loved chilling my bottles and cooking lots of comfort food. Going to have to remain vigilant. I’ll hang out here with you all!!

Old 01-31-2021, 10:33 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Congrats on 14 days dear JSC ~ and you can make a new tradition tonight.
Maybe hot chocoIate with the storm? s
Old 01-31-2021, 12:28 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

thanks for the welcome everyone ❤️

Oh my goodness! I couldn’t post yesterday. I tried and tried but it wouldn’t let me.
It must have been a glitch lol.
Luckily not all of my attempts posted (unless Dee or someone else thankfully removed some?). I think I tried at least a dozen times.

Dee can you please delete some of my excess posts? I sound like a nutter lol
I actually gave up trying to post, thinking it hadn’t worked, and I went to bed because the AV was telling me to just have a drink and start again tomorrow (Mon 1st Feb).
But I didn’t drink, I went to bed at 5pm, and I’m so grateful to be sober and not hungover today!
My new job starts in earnest today, after finishing the training, and I really wanted a clean slate and no alcohol and no hangover, to start afresh today.
Day 2
Old 01-31-2021, 12:29 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Red78 View Post
I was gonna to make the 1st my quit date but I'm doing it today..
I'm ashamed at my drinking and it makes me feel sick what other people might think. I've had enough..
Red this is exactly me
We can do this!
Old 01-31-2021, 01:13 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JamesSquire View Post
No need to be ashamed, I'm sure most of us have been where you are. If by chance you fail, don't beat yourself up like I did for years. It only makes it harder for giving up. Get back up, I have been where I think there's no hope. There's always hope and there's always some success.
Being here helps me heaps.
I have been here so many times, I've lost count of how many classes I've joined.
My drinking is getting worse as I'm in a very unhappy place in my life and its a coping mechanism to not look at or deal with that unhappiness.. And then the drinking just makes everything worse..
Hopefully it can stick this time..
​​​​​​
Old 01-31-2021, 01:14 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Red this is exactly me
We can do this!
We can Willow and that's what I thought too Reading your post, that's me..
Old 01-31-2021, 01:24 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

I have been here so many times, I've lost count of how many classes I've joined.
My drinking is getting worse as I'm in a very unhappy place in my life and its a coping mechanism to not look at or deal with that unhappiness.. And then the drinking just makes everything worse..
​​​​​​
For me, my unhappiness grew because of my drinking. And then my drinking grew to drown aII of that out.
UntiI I couId no Ionger siIence the scream inside my head.

And I came to a bridge, and for once in my Iife chose not to burn it.....we can aII cross this sobriety bridge.
It isn't easy but it is liberating. s ❤️
Old 01-31-2021, 01:34 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
For me, my unhappiness grew because of my drinking. And then my drinking grew to drown aII of that out.
UntiI I couId no Ionger siIence the scream inside my head.

And I came to a bridge, and for once in my Iife chose not to burn it.....we can aII cross this sobriety bridge.
It isn't easy but it is liberating. s ❤️
It will liberating not to be controlled..
My relationship is a very unhappy point in my life and the rest of my life is falling down around me and I feel so very lost and down and that's totally separate to my drinking..
Old 01-31-2021, 01:54 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

(((Red))) ❤️

100% here for you honey. s xx
Old 01-31-2021, 02:23 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

​​​​​​
Red, I hear you.
I have been so unhappy for so long. Maybe if you can afford it, see a psychologist
Last week, my Aunty wrote me a condescending email, in regard to how my brother had taken the wrong path and was dying due to his choices in a life of drinking and drugs. I returned the email with a terse explanation of our dysfunctional family life and how dare she be the judge of the paths we have chosen. Anyway the reason I'm telling you this, is that I felt so much better afterwards. I understand my drinking problem more.
Maybe you should write one to a 'fictional aunt', explaining why you drink, maybe if you put it on paper, you may see the reason and can understand it more.
I'm lost but I understand it more.
Sorry, I'm ranting!
Old 01-31-2021, 03:12 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to Alba Al and everyone else hitting a milestone today

Its the first of Feb where I am - that means you guys move out of the Newcomers forum into the Daily support forum today.

This is so that a new thread and new newcomers - the Class of Feb 2021 - can take your place here.

You can continue posting in this thread, move to the new one, or post in both

I'll move things in a couple of hours
D
Old 01-31-2021, 03:15 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JamesSquire View Post
Red, I hear you.
I have been so unhappy for so long. Maybe if you can afford it, see a psychologist
Last week, my Aunty wrote me a condescending email, in regard to how my brother had taken the wrong path and was dying due to his choices in a life of drinking and drugs. I returned the email with a terse explanation of our dysfunctional family life and how dare she be the judge of the paths we have chosen. Anyway the reason I'm telling you this, is that I felt so much better afterwards. I understand my drinking problem more.
Maybe you should write one to a 'fictional aunt', explaining why you drink, maybe if you put it on paper, you may see the reason and can understand it more.
I'm lost but I understand it more.
Sorry, I'm ranting!
That sounds like a great idea JamesSquire... I'm in what I would call an abusive relationship, it's not abusive all the time but it's defo enough that it's worn me down over the years, we are not combatible enough to be life partners and I am suffering from his high expectations of me. I see a counsellor every fortnight about this but haven't come to the point where I'm strong enough to leave. We own a house together but I feel that I'm just living inside his life and his house and just have to put up with the choices he makes rather than it being decesions we make together..
I think I need to write 2 letters, 1 to alcohol and 1 to him but maybe not give it to him..
Old 01-31-2021, 03:18 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

I’m so excited to be graduating to the daily support forums. Even though I didn’t complete the entire month of January.