Notices

Class of December 2020 Part 5

Old 01-17-2021, 10:53 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning all

Re sleep-many nights in drunkenness or the first days of sobriety I've led there desperate to sleep. I read somewhere to not focus on sleep but just to think of bedtime as a time to rest. ok you might not sleep but you are still resting. When I stopped pressuring myself to sleep and just think of resting I slept. Bizarre but it worked. Hope it helps

Congrats on day 7 today Lixie when you wake up

I HATE tv where people are drinking. I have to switch off or turn away. That thin glamorous woman with gorgeous skin who's had a stressful day and is drinking wine isn't really drinking wine. The only reason she looks like that is because she doesn't drink alcohol at all in real life! The wine o clock myth is indeed a myth.

Yellowstone sounds wonderful You're so lucky living in the USA and Australia where you have so many fabulous and varied places to visit.

I ate lots yesterday and have put a pound on this morning so very cross with myself as well as feeling bloated and sluggish. Going to work in a bad mood is never a good idea
Old 01-17-2021, 11:09 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
RAL

Today is Blue Monday. The most depressing day of the year apparently! Well I disagree as find November the gloomiest month. It's still dark here but when light arrives I will be positive and practise gratitude I am grateful to be sober, clear headed, for your support and this class, for having a job, for health in these difficult times, that none of us have got the virus and for the vaccine getting closer. On a lighter note I am grateful to be looking to the future and looking at holidays The sun will soon rise and all will be well.
Take care everyone.xx
Old 01-17-2021, 11:49 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Blue is the colour for tranquility, serenity, inspiration or wisdom 😉 I hope you have a wonderful day RAL ❤️
Old 01-18-2021, 02:19 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

RAL, I agree, November is the gloomiest month. I love it when the mornings and evenings get lighter, a promise of spring. I love spring!

Day 7 for me, and today I will not drink.
Old 01-18-2021, 05:32 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Well it's Martin Luther King day here, so that is kind of the opposite of gloomy. s ❤️
Old 01-18-2021, 08:20 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Good Morning All,

Early wake up for me but revving to get up and do things. I hope everyone is well 🥰
Old 01-18-2021, 08:37 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

I don't think you can call this morning love.....isn't it 2.30am for you? s xx ❤️
Old 01-18-2021, 08:51 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Zura, wow up early
Old 01-18-2021, 09:20 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Daylights savings where I am so it was almost 3.30 when I posted but I did wake up at 2.30 😂 I love the early mornings though
Old 01-18-2021, 09:36 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Zura, jeez I thought I was up early when I rose today at 4.02am. 😂 glad you have energy. I didn’t manage full night, but stats are going in right direction. 6-6.5 hours sleep maybe.

My kids will return tonight, after one of the longest continuous periods away from me since me and my ex. split. I feel so happy, but scared, too.

Because I still feel like I don’t fit anywhere in my own life right now, that I am poison to them, unsafe. Stopping the damage is not enough to stop the damage , if you see what I mean? Because I still have to have some hard discussions with them about stuff that was accidentally disclosed that I mentioned here on SR. Because I will necessarily have to stop having luxury of time to work on recovery and I worry about that. Because right now, I really need that focus.

But they matter, they are worth it. So I am just going to slow it down. Put one foot in front of the other, even if it feels shaky and I fall on my face. keep working to accept that I am enough. That every shaky step is one more back towards them.

Old 01-18-2021, 09:45 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Monday_(date)

Blue Monday is the name given to a day in January (typically the third Monday of the month) said by a UK travel company, Sky Travel, to be the most depressing day of the year. The concept was first published in a 2005 press release from the company, which claimed to have calculated the date using an "equation". It takes into account weather conditions and thus only applies to the Northern Hemisphere.

The idea is considered pseudoscience, with its formula derided by scientists as nonsensical.
I wouldn't bother about it

Old 01-18-2021, 09:46 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Tanky, I know what you mean. I thought that too, that I was poison to my kids. But I managed to control my drinking so that I didn't drink when they were with me and my partner, and they have expressed that they like that very much. Now I'm trying to stop all together, and I have informed them about that and they appreciate it. So, sweetie, don't worry too much, just do what is best for your kids. And come here every time you need support. We are here for you.
Old 01-18-2021, 09:49 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tanky View Post
Zura, jeez I thought I was up early when I rose today at 4.02am. 😂 glad you have energy. I didn’t manage full night, but stats are going in right direction. 6-6.5 hours sleep maybe.

My kids will return tonight, after one of the longest continuous periods away from me since me and my ex. split. I feel so happy, but scared, too.

Because I still feel like I don’t fit anywhere in my own life right now, that I am poison to them, unsafe. Stopping the damage is not enough to stop the damage , if you see what I mean? Because I still have to have some hard discussions with them about stuff that was accidentally disclosed that I mentioned here on SR. Because I will necessarily have to stop having luxury of time to work on recovery and I worry about that. Because right now, I really need that focus.

But they matter, they are worth it. So I am just going to slow it down. Put one foot in front of the other, even if it feels shaky and I fall on my face. keep working to accept that I am enough. That every shaky step is one more back towards them.
I know it might not feel like this right now, but having your kids home could be the best thing for you and your recovery.
It gives it all a sense of purpose and is a good distraction from feeling anxious and dealing with cravings.

And we will be here dear Tanky.....every step. ❤️
Old 01-18-2021, 09:55 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I know it might not feel like this right now, but having your kids home could be the best thing for you and your recovery.
It gives it all a sense of purpose and is a good distraction from feeling anxious and dealing with cravings.

And we will be here dear Tanky.....every step. ❤️
thankyou, dearest Venus. You are right. It is a gift I am being given for stronger recovery and better connection. Only given what we can handle, right? 😂

So grateful and humbled to be with this class . Team D.
Old 01-18-2021, 09:58 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

I'm just an early bird Tanky 4am has been my regular wake up for most of my life, so 2.30 isn't really THAT early for me. I go to sleep early too when I'm in my natural rhythm, 8pm at the latest, earlier in winter😂 I joke I'll be sleeping all day and awake all night when I'm elderly because I seem to have a backwards body clock to most.

It breaks my heart that you have those feelings of unworthiness Tanky and I would do anything for you not feel that way. You are most definitely NOT poison love. You are wonderful, valuable and loved xxoo we are all a lil frayed around the edges and that's ok too.
Old 01-18-2021, 10:00 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lixie View Post
Tanky, I know what you mean. I thought that too, that I was poison to my kids. But I managed to control my drinking so that I didn't drink when they were with me and my partner, and they have expressed that they like that very much. Now I'm trying to stop all together, and I have informed them about that and they appreciate it. So, sweetie, don't worry too much, just do what is best for your kids. And come here every time you need support. We are here for you.
lix, yes I only have to remember their reaction when I told them I was trying to quit. Both the alcohol and the gaming. And the time it already gave back to us at Christmas etc. To them. My constant anxiety right now is just that. Anxiety. It is not real. What is real is the reconnection, the awesomely grounding daily life with kids . 😂
Old 01-18-2021, 10:04 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

❤️
Old 01-18-2021, 10:11 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zura View Post
I'm just an early bird Tanky 4am has been my regular wake up for most of my life, so 2.30 isn't really THAT early for me. I go to sleep early too when I'm in my natural rhythm, 8pm at the latest, earlier in winter😂 I joke I'll be sleeping all day and awake all night when I'm elderly because I seem to have a backwards body clock to most.

It breaks my heart that you have those feelings of unworthiness Tanky and I would do anything for you not feel that way. You are most definitely NOT poison love. You are wonderful, valuable and loved xxoo we are all a lil frayed around the edges and that's ok too.
zura, ❤️❤️ No words.

Maybe I am finally doing what I had hoped to do years ago with them. To admit to the struggle, but commit to the joy and love within that. My son, in particular, is and always has been deeply emotionally connected to me and has been worried /terrified for so so long. My daughter just became totally self-sufficient. Just like I had to at a young age. This is my chance to start taking back some of the load they have been carrying, one day at a time. And to let them love me back.
Old 01-18-2021, 10:15 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

❤️ s
Old 01-18-2021, 02:42 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
RAL

Think of you all xx