Notices

Class of December 2020 Part 5

Old 02-03-2021, 11:45 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Good Morning All,

RAL - Congratulations on 60 days 🎉 that's fantastic!! Keep staying strong
Lixie - awesome about your appt. I'm so glad you got someone supportive and encouraging ❤️

Chancellor - Hello! Hope all is well with you 😊

Elly - Sorry you can't sleep, I hope it doesn't drag on too long. Re changes I'm sort of going with the flow. Whilst I know getting everything in balance will help my sobriety, I'm not pushing myself too hard with the other stuff.

Tanky - hope your doing ok.

​​​​​​Off to start my day. Still in bit of pain so gentle pottering is on the agenda. Hope everyone has a good day/evening xxoo
Old 02-03-2021, 12:06 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Hey team D,

Just checking in to say I am okay. I mean, I think I am not so much, but I also am. You know how it goes. Well, I’m not drinking , anyway.

I have another appointment w a new GP tomorrow to try to start addressing anxiety and depression. I still can’t see my psychiatrist or my actual GP. So am just improvising.

lixie - so glad your appointment was good and you are getting help and support that you need. You got this, babe. You have been working so hard . Xx

RAL - grats on 60 days! And glad I am in your head reminding you of the way you really would drink . 😂😂

zura - love that you are being gentle but firm with yourself. Taking those little steps to build on your sobriety . Impressive efforts. Trying not to use your progress on so many aspects of your life as more reasons to beat myself up. 😂😂

venus - didn’t say I love your lounge room pic. Because too busy fighting my head. But it is awesome. 👏 hope you are enjoying improved health.

elly - good to have you here with us. Your strength and patience with yourself in such difficult times is amazing. Much much love.

chancellor - you seem so peaceful and balanced. Please explain?

​​​​​​​xxx Team D.
Old 02-03-2021, 12:10 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

I have high hopes that you are going to Iike this doc Iove. s ❤️

Old 02-03-2021, 12:22 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I have high hopes that you are going to Iike this doc Iove. s ❤️
yeah. Hope so. Thanks, vcat. You are best.

I heard a guy speak the other night who experienced extremely poor MH in sobriety. Very anxious/depressed, very suicidal. Made me feel a bit less desperate. Like I know many people struggle, but was good to hear about it.
Old 02-03-2021, 12:28 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

StruggIe.....we don't use that term with our physicaI heaIth as much I don't think.....I beIieve it is stiII part of the need to accept that mentaI heaIth is just one part of our overaII physical heaIth.

We are not 'Iess than' if we have to see the doc for our brain....in fact.....we are enlightened.
And I hope you Iove my doc as much as I do Tanky honey. xx s
I have a feeIing she is the right fit here.
Old 02-03-2021, 12:57 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Good luck with your appt Tanky 😊 and thumbs up to what Venus said re feeling less than. It's absolutely no different then any other part of your body that needs some attention and TLC. Your making fantastic progress, you really are. I really hope you start to feel better real soon xxoo
Old 02-03-2021, 01:16 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
RAL

Thanks for the kind words everyone and many congrats to you all on whatever sober day you are on whether day 1 or 101.

Zura- I hope your pain eases and you have a great day

Tanky - yes you are still in my mind-thank you. And I hope your words will always be there. The more I think of it the more utterly powerful it is. Just how someone can say something and it make so much difference to just 1 person is amazing. Whenever I think I want a glass of wine I now say I want 2 bottles of wine and then start on the gin. What will be the result of that? Very powerful stuff. I was so worried when I just read you earlier post-I thought you were going to say you had drunk but then you said it was insomnia.Great news you didn't drink. Insomnia is rubbish and I hope it soon passes. Hope your appointment with your GP goes well too.

Hi Chancellor-please let us know how you are getting on

Venus-has your pain eased?

Good day at work. Jr RAL came home today too. he is not usually away so long. Some children are going back to school on 22 Feb. Year P1-P3 which are ages 5-8 ish. Jr RAL is P7 so hopefully they won't be too long after the younger ones. No idea what the logic is with that. Anyway peach has returned to my mind which is good. Enjoying looking at holidays. booked for June but fully moveable which no doubt I will have to do but it's nice to have something to look forward to even if the chances of it happening are terribly remote. I might have been vaccinated by then fingers crossed. Mr RAL hoping to get his letter 2 weeks with apppintment in early march probably. but he is 20 years older than me so gets priority. are they doing it in age groups in other countries too?

Take care all.xx

Old 02-03-2021, 01:20 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Yes. In age groups and by severe heaIth issues.
My Iandlady and husband who are over 80 got theirs Iast week.

For my husband.....v high BP it couId be soonish, maybe March.
For me it wiII be May/June I think. ❤️

Nite Iove s x
Old 02-03-2021, 02:38 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope the doctor makes the difference Lixie- You too Tanky
Hope your sleep settles soon Elly

congrats to everyone on your milestones!

D
Old 02-03-2021, 02:55 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
RAL

Elly-how are you doing? I hope you are as well as can be expected in the circumstances and are getting support. Did you manage to get into the SMART website in the end? The meetings are excellent .
Old 02-03-2021, 04:19 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

New thread here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-6-a.html (Class of December 2020 Part 6)

D