Notices

Class of December 2020 Part 2

Old 12-17-2020, 05:40 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Hope you feel better soon, RAL.

I just uploaded my final exam. Think I did well, actually. Won't get the results until next year, so I can finally start thinking about Christmas. Maybe I could start baking today?
Old 12-17-2020, 05:45 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

A baking you will go dear Liz.....
Congrats on getting the exam done. s

And that's not good dear RAL....I hope you feel better love. s ❤️
Old 12-17-2020, 10:56 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Good morning all,
​​​​​​relena - I used to feel the same way about crying in front of my children but it really is ok. Not only does it teach them how to process and release their emotions but it teaches them compassion. Even if you don't show your emotions they pick up on them and it's probably more confusing for them, if they ask what's wrong it's ok to simply say I'm ok I'm just sad. I went through something horrifically traumatizing when my youngest was about 3 and he could tell even though I didn't shed a tear or express emotion. I sat down exhausted at the end of the day and he got my hairbrush and started brushing my hair. Sometimes being strong means letting people, even young ones, share their love and care with you or just being authentic.

JT - 30 days is great, you must feel great too. Gosh, gym and walking, you must be fit!

Velveetee - 40 days is awesome. And how fantastic your so busy living life
hills - I'm sorry you've had a hard time but glad your here pushing through with us
RAL - sorry your feeling unwell, sending you healing hugs
Lixie - you must feel relieved about exams being done! Enjoy your baking.

Venus - I hope your feeling better, I had such fun yesterday
Dee - I so appreciate the way you just say it as it is.

SCK and Soda - I've forgotten the last things you posted and can't check on my phone but I'm wishing you guys well. And hello to everyone else I've inevitably missed.
Having a teen meetup here for my son today, we are doing DIY pizza and a movie so that's something different and fun. Hope everyone has a lovely day 😊
Old 12-17-2020, 11:02 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

OMG, Australian pizza.....I would fly 24 hours no problem right now to eat that.....sigh....yum.
Almost impossible to get pizza without garlic here, or anything without garlic here.
You would think I would be skinny by this stage but alas not so much.

Hope you have a wonderful day Zura love. ❤️
Old 12-17-2020, 11:18 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

I haven't been skinny in a long time but I do love my curves. I'll make a garlic free pizza for you Venus ❤️
Old 12-17-2020, 11:31 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

RAL, does that malaise need to be checked out?
Hope you feel better soon,
Old 12-17-2020, 12:13 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

So I didn’t join a class , but hope is okay if I jump in here . This is where all the Aussies seem to hang out. 😂

I would be December for my secondary addictions, anyway. But day 46 for alcohol. Behavioural addictions (gaming/gambling) only about day 9.

I am exploding with stress right now due to work being crazy level full on, but riding it out without my addictions. (Well apart from smoking which I haven’t tackled yet. )

Nothing like having the blowtorch applied , I guess. I have worked 12-15 hour days for past two weeks. But is suiting me to be that occupied. And I am giving myself credit here for exceptional cool under the pressure from clients . Although I did call a reactive decision by the organisation to put a bandaid on over Xmas-NY period yesterday “effing insane”. Oops.

grats to all for travelling well in a difficult month at end of a difficult year.

Old 12-17-2020, 12:47 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Welcome Tanky, I'm new to the class and Aussie too, and needing to quit smoking as well (alcohol no 1 priority ATM)😊 congrats on your sober time and well done on tackling other areas. I think I read a post by you yesterday actually
Old 12-17-2020, 01:04 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Welcome dear Tanky. s ❤️

Aussie a long way from home here..... s xx
Old 12-17-2020, 01:13 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Welcome dear Tanky. s ❤️

Aussie a long way from home here..... s xx
Do we need to send care packages? Vegemite? Milo? Timtams? Twisties?
Old 12-17-2020, 01:16 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

He he.....I have tons of vegemite.....could never live without it.....and I have milo as well. Can't eat twisties again until I lose the weight I put on this year......and believe it or not I don't like timtams. I have loads of other Aussie biscuits although I can't get teddybears right now which is like
Old 12-17-2020, 01:18 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Really well done on day 9 with all of that Tanky. s ❤️
Old 12-17-2020, 01:41 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Welcome Tanky!

sorry for the drive by post-will check in properly after work.

day 4 off to a good start, it’s tonight that concerns me as I’m usually off to the bowls club as soon as I get home.

planning a quiet night at home in preparation for an early rise tomorrow.

hugs and love to all!!! Thanks for being exactly who you are, the dynamic of this class is lovely 😊
Old 12-17-2020, 01:44 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Welcome Tanky

Thanks Caramel but I'm sure I will be ok,prob just a bug. I had an MOT a couple of weeks ago and all bloodwork good. I should be an animal and come and live in Australia or at least hibernate all winter. I live far too far north.

Mixed day. Felt better then not. temperature, headachey still But sober. 12 days sober. doens't seem very long when I say it like that. maybe it's just been a long day.

Good night all,x
Old 12-17-2020, 01:52 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Hoping you feel better tomorrow dear RAL. s xx ❤️
Old 12-17-2020, 03:03 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Thanks Venus. Are you having a better day?

Sorry I seem to have been complaining all week about feeling ill. Is this prolonged withdrawal? Mentally I feel good so thats a bonus. It's just I never felt ill like this when drinking. Why do I feel so rubbish now. Not that drinking will make me feel any better but this is how it starts. the thoughts, the what ifs. the whats the point in not drinking if you feel rubbish all the time anyway.

I know it's AV talk and I don't want a drink. just thinking out loud really. I really don't want a drink. I['ve not had any thoughts of dirnking at all. it's just now led in bed the niggling thoughts jumped out
Old 12-17-2020, 03:09 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

I actually was hesitant to say anything because it sounds fluey maybe?
I don't know if flu season is about there at the moment, and with covid I just was thinking I shouldn't say anything.
So as not to worry you....but you didn't say anything about coughing, so that's good. s

You are not sounding whiny at all love....we just want you to feel better.
Just a bug it sounds like.....a normal every-day one.

And nope, didn't have a better day....but it isn't over yet. So I have hope. ❤️
Old 12-17-2020, 03:23 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Morning all,
Hi tanky...welcome. Good to have some Aus ppl on here....sounds like u are doing well in dealing with a lot of different issues.

I'm just having a sit down moment. Deadlines part of the scenery, come with the job for me. Have just handed everything over for the latest one...seemed to be v well received.
This is a serious drinking cue of course. Its Friday...its been a long week of early starts and late finishes, all with that constant nagging slightly stressed out feeling...so much to be done, so little time etc....I'm tired.....and the temptation is to just pour some alcohol on it and enjoy some time out.

Been thinking about this....work life is a constant cycle of stress and release. Drinking life.....you get the release upfront and then the stress follows with the hangover. It just reverses the order. Trying to get to a place where life is more kind of even....try and minimise the way up, way down fluctuations.

So....try and do something different today.

Have a good one
Later
Old 12-17-2020, 04:38 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Tanky

Hate to be that guy RAL but are you sure it’s not Covid? Have you been tested?

Lots of milestones around at the moment- congratulations to you all!

D
Old 12-17-2020, 05:44 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

I'm with Dee on that one RAL.