Notices

Class of December 2020 Part 2

Old 12-16-2020, 01:06 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I never saw any owls in Melbourne. Lots and lots of bats though.
Not having a good day here unfortunately....not feeling well.
But not the end of the world. xx ❤️
I hope you feel better soon. Please take it easy and take good care of yourself and let us look after you on here too like you look after us xx
Old 12-16-2020, 01:06 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Well, maybe not a relapse, but maybe "if I don't say anything I can drink on Christmas if I want"......I can only imagine that is where my head would be going in this situation. So yes, I would have to tell on myself....at the very least ask him to not offer me any drinks, and to not drink in front of me whenever possible. s xx
Yep, exactly that. I am going to talk to him about it tonight. This would be the first vacation with him not drinking ever. Which is fine, we still have a great time sober!!
Thanks for the support!!
Old 12-16-2020, 01:10 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by babycat View Post
Hi guys!! Day 14 here. No real desire to drink and have been working out like crazy and feeling amazing. I am definitely nervous about next week tho. My husband will have a week off starting the 24th. I am excited for it but that is going to be a REAL challenge. I am pretty sure he will want to drink. I think he knows I have a real problem but is still holding onto that hope and false belief that I can moderate. Yikes bikes, I feel so good and don't want to eff it up!!!
Hi, I think it's good you are planning ahead The thing is your husband's journey is his and yours is yours. I know it is difficult but you don't have to drink just because he does. I have had 2 drinking husbands (just 2 husbands I must add, not 2 drinking and many non drinking ) i got sober for 3.5 years when with the 1st and stop now with the second. though he supports me not drinking as he knows I am a better and happier person when sober. I have told him I will not be drinking over Christmas and New Year. Even saying it out loud reaffirms it to me and to him. Perhaps you are able to say something like this to yours so there is no expectation or pressure?
Old 12-16-2020, 01:13 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

We have red squirrels. They are so tame and let you take pics pretty close up. I will find some and post them next week
Old 12-16-2020, 01:14 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Hi, I think it's good you are planning ahead The thing is your husband's journey is his and yours is yours. I know it is difficult but you don't have to drink just because he does. I have had 2 drinking husbands (just 2 husbands I must add, not 2 drinking and many non drinking ) i got sober for 3.5 years when with the 1st and stop now with the second. though he supports me not drinking as he knows I am a better and happier person when sober. I have told him I will not be drinking over Christmas and New Year. Even saying it out loud reaffirms it to me and to him. Perhaps you are able to say something like this to yours so there is no expectation or pressure?
I think saying it out loud to him is an absolutely brilliant idea. Super simple but brilliant. I know he will hold me to it. Thank you!!
Old 12-16-2020, 01:15 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

We have red squirrels at work. They are so tame and let you take pics pretty close up. I will find some and post them next week
They are sooo cute!!
Old 12-16-2020, 01:17 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I hope you feel better soon. Please take it easy and take good care of yourself and let us look after you on here too like you look after us xx
Thank you.....I am having BAD stomach issues.....a combination of hereditary stuff and way way too much stress (which I wish I could talk about but I can't). Today is the worst day by far. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. s
Old 12-16-2020, 01:19 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Excellent Babycat!!!! ❤️

Can't wait to see them RAL!!! ❤️
Old 12-16-2020, 01:51 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Morning all!

Fair bit to catch up on, love all the conversations 😁😁😁

Sodasoba - have you tried YouTube for new recipes? There are heaps of people with cooking channels, I hope you can find some recipes that you enjoy. I’m kind of with you regarding Christmas, I know it’s something so many people are preparing for but I’m going to spend the day on my own (which I’m perfectly happy about) It just isn’t on my radar as it was in years past.

JustTony - there’s something to be said for being present in your own life. That’s definitely a big motivation for me.

Liz - good luck with your exam! I hope all goes well!! Sounds like you’ll have some great company over Christmas!

RAL - aww I’m sorry about your migraine, I hope it is gone by now and that you are able to get a refreshing sleep!!! Oh yeah! Red squirrel photos would be so awesome, please do share! 💕

Babycat congrats on day 14! Look at you go!!! Woohoo!!!

Backtogood congrats on day 16!!! Yeehaw!!! Closing in on the 20s, keep up the great job!

venuscat I sorry you’re not feeling well and that you are under so much stress! 😘😘 sending you hugs and kisses and wishes for a relaxing and calm evening. Enjoy the snow!

Hey Zura! Please do post here if you need support, I will peek in through the day to see if you have reached out. Omg you’ve seen an echidna! That’s on my list of creatures to see in the wild. You’re lucky to see the owl and kangaroo as well. I heard some kookaburras when I was walking to the bus this morning, I love them! There are heaps of birds where I live which is great for me because I love birds. I don’t even mind them waking me up at 4:00 every day.... 😜

start of day 3 for me. Yesterday was ok, I get triggered by a coworker who is just a waste of space, but I recognised when I was starting to get annoyed with this person and diverted my thoughts. It is something I need to be aware of and to get control over so I don’t consider putting my health in jeopardy as a result of someone else’s ineptitude.

had a lovely quiet evening at home and felt good when I woke up. Looking forward to the weekend. Have plans to go out bushwalking with my friend and we always find great places to have brekky and a coffee so that will be a very welcome respite.

hugs to all xxx

-Karen
Old 12-16-2020, 02:04 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey Venus
even if you can't talk about it here I hope you have somewhere you can talk about it.

Congrats to babycat and RAL and everyone else hitting a milestone today
D
Old 12-16-2020, 02:06 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hi Karen
What a wonderful post!!!
You put a big smile on my face.

I was going to say something the other day when you guys were talking about the class thread etc.....I think this is a beautiful class thread.

And I also love the conversations.....and the birds.....I mean, who noticed the birds when they were drunk off their arse?
My only connection with them was to beg them to shut up. They hurt my head.

So are you familiar with lorikeets yet dear Karen?
It is almost worth moving to Aus just for them. s ❤️

Old 12-16-2020, 02:08 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Thank you.....I am having BAD stomach issues.....a combination of hereditary stuff and way way too much stress (which I wish I could talk about but I can't). Today is the worst day by far. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. s
I'm sorry to hear you are having a stressful time.Do you have someone you are able to speak with irl?xx
Old 12-16-2020, 02:09 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I'm sorry your not feeling well and under stress too Venus at. Feel free to pm me anytime, even if it's just for some company. I have to stop work often to rest (injuries) so I'm always about.

Thank you SCK 😊 your weekend sounds fantastic!

I'm a bit all over the place today so not responding to everyone individually but I'm reading and enjoying hearing from everyone.
Old 12-16-2020, 02:09 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by babycat View Post
I think saying it out loud to him is an absolutely brilliant idea. Super simple but brilliant. I know he will hold me to it. Thank you!!
Hope it helps. I felt quite empowered and strong when I said it. And I meant it. Maybe it's well if I say it then I can't backtrack. Not that I want to but hopefully you know what I mean
Old 12-16-2020, 02:10 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee. I can phone a friend as they say on Millionaire.
Do they still say that?
Is it still on in Aus and is Eddie still hosting? s

And I can PM Zura.....I will do that. Thank you xxxx ❤️

and thank you RAL.....I have friends I can call and people here I can PM....I do need to and I want to...thank you ❤️
Old 12-16-2020, 02:11 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

OMG those birds dont look real!!! They are so cute : )
Old 12-16-2020, 02:11 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Administrator

yep the Hotseat variation is still going.

D
Old 12-16-2020, 02:14 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Heheh
Its the cockatoos that entertain me. Very social creatures, always in a big group, noisy. Entertaining.
Unless they are outside efficiently stripping your fruit trees.....
Often see echidnas here, waddling along the side of the road.
Seen platypus here too...which is rare. Quiet evenings along the river...you see some ripples, then suddenly realise what you are seeing.
Amazing.

Sunny..utube is a good idea, will check.
I have a pile of things printed off the internet in the drawer, so should go through them.
Seem to be just revolving about 4 or 5 things at the moment. Bit repetitive.

Working to deadline today.....comes with the territory really. Though it is stressful, but easier if not hungover.
Go and do a bit more....
Old 12-16-2020, 02:14 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hot Seat huh......well, that changed after I moved here....now I need to see it.
I loved that show.
Watched it with my mum for years.

Old 12-16-2020, 02:17 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

OMG those birds dont look real!!! They are so cute : )
Aren't they though?
And they just love it you watch them.....they perform and sing up a storm.