Notices

Class of July 2020 Part Two

Old 07-19-2020, 06:01 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Good job Citrus! I can appreciate a win like that
Old 07-19-2020, 08:37 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Off to bed to read for a bit before I go to sleep. So glad to have this day in the books sober.

PuckLuck, I am thinking about you. Hope to see you check in tomorrow. No matter what come and talk things out here, we care about you.

Love to you all.
Old 07-19-2020, 09:28 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

sry to say im with a few back to day 1 will have to try the milk trick to see if that works and read up a bit more on what i can do. so have to adjust my plan as im not getting into a routine with it. sry to have to make this short, i have work this morn, also got alcohol councillor phoning which not sure whats the point in phone calls anymore as its not the same when u have to physicaly go to the appointment and its for an hour. nvm will see what happens. good job on everyone who has made another day sober and hey puckluck hope you get back to us here xx

have good day all x
Old 07-19-2020, 09:31 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you tried posting here when you want to drink lately, erratic?

D
Old 07-19-2020, 10:18 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Morning All.

That’s awful Greentree, but I’m glad you made it back safely. I know this is cheesy and I probably sound like a dweep, but you never have to go through something like this again. You didn’t let us down. Please stay with us.

Erratic, I’m sure things will get better once you get through a week or so. After that I began to feel like I got the escape velocity needed, and the pull of alcohol that we have to overcome in early days started getting less and less. It certainly feels empowering.

Well done for getting past that pothole at 15 days, Citrus. C&GY, nice of you to be stacking up the days like that.

Puck, please check in to let us know how things are going.

Old 07-20-2020, 06:01 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Day 14

I don't feel completely sober - still feel a bit drunk after 14 days?
Not as ill today and managed to bake some French bread

I'm sorta confused - I've forgotten the name of thing that makes you type and say wrong words (a quitting phenomenon after the acute phase)

Anyway - well done if you are still hanging on :-) (get back on the horse Greentree)
Old 07-20-2020, 06:04 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Aphasia maybe?

Hope you are OK love. xx
Old 07-20-2020, 06:20 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by redcardid View Post

I'm sorta confused - I've forgotten the name of thing that makes you type and say wrong words (a quitting phenomenon after the acute phase)
Until I saw the part in brackets I was thinking you meant predictive text. I had to look it up, but perhaps you are referring to malapropism? - The mistaken use of an incorrect word in place of a word with a similar sound, resulting in a nonsensical, sometimes humorous utterance.

Well done on two weeks!

Old 07-20-2020, 06:25 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

My gosh ~ awesome posts and scary posts.....waking up having passed out under a tree must have been frightening dear Greentree s
But you didn't let us down....you came right back. And we get to support you. s Sending so much love xx

Congrats Bob and all of you on your awesome milestones! s

And Citrus honey ~ you and I seem to have always had that same trigger re the supermarket. It sets off something in my head as well, much less than it used to.....it was just such a strong association for so many years. The excitement of going to the supermarket because my wine was there.....or beer in your case. Sending your son is a good idea....protect yourself. s

Old 07-20-2020, 08:07 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, wasn't around much over the weekend. Not on the computer a whole lot and don't do SR while others are around. I read all the posts. Those who slipped, just keep quitting. I have slipped 3 or 4 times in this last set of attempts since I because active on SR. I am currently on two weeks and feeling strong. It will come!
Old 07-20-2020, 08:13 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 weeks dear Max! xx ❤️
Old 07-20-2020, 11:37 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Good Morning class! I am feeling much better today. Boy those last 3 days were awful. Thankful for a clear and sober head this morning. I never had a meltdown but I was snappy and irritable with all the AV noise in my head. Would have thought that would have worked itself out by now. Energy levels are up and down from one day to the next. For me, looks I need to up my protein intake. As a bariatric patient I am supposed to track my food to make sure I'm getting the right nutrients. Upon reading more though the forums, seems it is not uncommon to have flagging energy even at 6 months. Ugh!!! Hang in there peeps!
Old 07-20-2020, 11:48 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Thanks all well done on your two weeks max and everyone staying sober. Urgh well I feel pretty awful...on the day I mentioned it's not a good idea to mix alcohol with medication I did just that.. I went through the worst withdrawal yet, sweating, imaginary spiders dropping on my head, pain in the kidneys and bladder. Unable to pee Vomit.nightmares hallucinatory voices. I hope reading this helps put you off drinking today or makes you glad to be sober :-) I'm ok but the anxiety keeps hitting in waves. Not counting today as day 1 because I still feel like it's in my system so day 1 starts tomorrow and I fight again.take care all x
Old 07-20-2020, 11:52 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

It is still day 1 if you are not drinking love. It will be in your system for a few days. s

I love your post.

I am going to post it every time someone says I can't remember why I don't want to drink.
Sorry....I know you are feeling horrible....but yes, you are going to help others here love. xx ❤️
Old 07-20-2020, 11:59 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
It is still day 1 if you are not drinking love. It will be in your system for a few days. s

I love your post.

I am going to post it every time someone says I can't remember why I don't want to drink.
Sorry....I know you are feeling horrible....but yes, you are going to help others here love. xx ❤️
if my withdrawal experience makes anyone think twice about drinking I am happy for anyone to share it. Thanks for the support. I just got in bed with a bottle of water. Its 8PM. il be checking in tomorrow morning. Night night X
Old 07-20-2020, 12:43 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Night sweetie.....so much love. s xx ❤️
Old 07-20-2020, 01:06 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Night Greentree. Hang in there. One thing is for sure, it WILL get better.
Old 07-20-2020, 02:11 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

Greentree I hope today is a better day for you. You are an inspiration to lots of people
Hang in there anyone who is struggling. Getting sober is so worth it.

Puck I hope you’re ok.

Kaptn the AV gave me heaps of angst over the weekend, especially Sunday. It was driving me nuts, screaming for a drink. But I refused to cave into it’s temper tantrums. I know where drinking would take me. Down the rabbit hole of depression, and I’ve gotten lost down there too many times. I don’t want to go back there again.

I’m on day 28 and feeling pretty ordinary today. Ok physically, just sad and foggy from my dreams. I had some really unsettling dreams about my childhood and woke up feeling sad and blah. I’m having a cup of tea and I need to get myself out of bed and try to motivate myself for work. Ugh. But I’m having coffee with my sister later, which is something to look forward to And hopefully once I get moving, the fog in my head will lift

Old 07-20-2020, 02:13 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Many hugs again dear Willow. And 28 days is wonderful. s xx ❤️
Old 07-20-2020, 02:14 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Thanks Suze ❤️ And I hope your ankle is feeling a bit better Xxx