Notices

Class of July 2020 Part Two

Old 07-18-2020, 08:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
OX

My ipad is acting up so on my phone and not having an easy time of it.
glad you are sticking around puck and not giving in. Only time i want to quit drinking is when I’m drinking.

rough day today at home. Lady depressed and feeling like hell. I believe it has to do with booze. So did a few docs. We will see. Hope she sees me with energy again and not overcome by simple tasks. Damn that booze is like living on difficult setting
Old 07-18-2020, 08:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stay with us BigShoe - better times ahead

D
Old 07-19-2020, 02:09 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Morning all. Just a quick check in on day 16. Catch up with you a bit later.
Old 07-19-2020, 02:48 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, so many great posts, thank you all
Just a quick check in for me too before bed.
Sunday is always bad for cravings for me and the AV was pretty annoying and persistent today but I told it to F off so many times that it eventually did. Vanilla yogurt helped too
Old 07-19-2020, 04:02 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Day 13

I might go outside today (it's not raining)

I've got a gout attack in my left shoulder (inflammatory arthritis) - the lump is as big as small egg and movingly arm is like being stabbed
(I've got meds and medical help)

It's not all puppies and sunshine - some quits are epic suffering (but it makes the idea of drinking again seem insane)

@ venuscat > 'Redcardid' is a sport reference meaning "out of the game" - when I drink I do nothing except drink (I don't even go to the shop to buy it - I have it delivered - so I'm out of the game [of life] when drinking)

Thank you for your support and be glad (glad is a funny word) :-)
Old 07-19-2020, 05:46 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

But it has an e..... red carded.....gosh what a pedantic pain I am.....I blame my Scottish mum....she made me like this.

Love and good morning and good whatever part of the day it is for you. s ❤️
Old 07-19-2020, 05:51 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BigShoe View Post
My ipad is acting up so on my phone and not having an easy time of it.
glad you are sticking around puck and not giving in. Only time i want to quit drinking is when I’m drinking.

rough day today at home. Lady depressed and feeling like hell. I believe it has to do with booze. So did a few docs. We will see. Hope she sees me with energy again and not overcome by simple tasks. Damn that booze is like living on difficult setting
I am really sorry you are dealing with this with your wife.
And yes, I am sure drinking all day every day would make anyone depressed. Alcohol is a depressant.
And I can understand it isn't easy for you to talk to her about this.....

s ❤️
Old 07-19-2020, 06:31 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Puck-How are you this morning? RedCardID-I've never heard of gout in the shoulder. I only get it in my knees or feet. Sounds very painful. You've got my sympathy.

I hit 7 weeks today. One more day until I hit the half way mark to 100. 100 is my longest stretch in 2 1/2 years. Really want to get on past 100.

We are approaching stress in the next few weeks here in Florida. My wife and I are in the last year before retirement. I work in IT so I will probably just work from home the rest of the way, but my wife is an elementary teacher about to start her last year of teaching. What a year to be the last one. In Florida, schools are required to open in August and most are doing a combination of in person and online. Might be too much for someone that has done it one way for 34 years. Not only that, but she's not real excited about exposure that would possibly be brought back home. Retirement may come early. Anyway, stress everywhere, this is just our version.
Old 07-19-2020, 07:25 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Good Morning all, Thanks for the new thread D!
Welcome Ryan. We have a great group of support here
Thanks for the links, D. I really need that kind of info right now. Urge Surfing seems to be most similar to my current plan, didn't know it had a name. It is exhausting for me though with the way my brain is wired. I will keep reading up and will join the AV thread you also linked.
Congrats on hitting the sweet 16, Captain!
Bob, hitting the triple digits tomorrow! Way to go!
Sorry about your ankle, Venus. I have been struggling with foot pain for about 2 months now. Has gotten a bit better since sober but the inflammation just won't go away. Darn plantar fasciitis. I can appreciate how annoying it can be!
Shoe, don't think that your example isn't being noticed. My husband quit drinking a couple years ago and I did notice the improvement in his quality of life. His example and understanding as I go through it myself is important to me. I don't cry on his shoulder about it, but I lean on his resolution and it helps strengthen my sobriety. When she is ready, she will follow your lead. What you are doing is important.
Puck, I totally get you. I'm there.
Yesterday I was going through more of my unfinished piles of life and noticed the collection of tequila bottle corks I had. One of my desires to drink faded when I saw the gobs of them I had. I began saving them after a drunk bathtub session when I imagined I would make them into cabinet door pulls. I stopped saving them after I ran out of "appropriate" places to save them. I have 3 containers full. I can't bring myself to add to my collection again. It didn't take that long to accumulate what I have.
A bit of rambling there on the corks, but it is what was on my mind.
Happy to hear about the milestones! I appreciate everyone's hard work to achieve them. Hope everyone has a sober Sunday.
Old 07-19-2020, 11:03 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

BigShoe, I am thinking good thoughts for your wife. Depression is the worst.
I love your last line.
I for one don't want to live life on difficult setting any more!
Old 07-19-2020, 12:04 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I think today is day 22. I was undercutting myself so yesterday was actually 3 weeks. I knew my day 7 was a Saturday so I figured it out haha
Puck- I have a gut feeling you ended up drinking based on your last post- sounds like something I would randomly throw out as well in comparison to your usual posts. (I know who you're talking about and that was a horrible thing.) , I'm hoping I'm wrong. If you did please stop while you're ahead. You were doing so well and such an integral part of our group. Happy Sunday all! #TeamJuly
Old 07-19-2020, 12:47 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hey guys back to day 1 for me had a row with husband i hit it hard he panicked and started calling everyone so I panicked and left the house. Ended up in the woods passed out under a tree. Kids have gone to stay with grandparents. I'm going through withdrawal. I'm warm and comfortable in bed at home but I will have to go through withdrawal tonight.I just need to sleep and get the day over now I think. I feel like I've let you all down but I know you all have been here too. I have to recover from this
Old 07-19-2020, 01:11 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Sending hugs, Greentree.
Old 07-19-2020, 01:13 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Congrats Cute! WooHoo!
Old 07-19-2020, 02:26 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi Greentree. Don't really know what to say except that you can still come here and not be judged, and yes, we understand.
Old 07-19-2020, 02:47 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Welcome back Greentree. Be gentle with yourself for the next few days. Lots of fluids and rest. You can do this.

Checking in for the afternoon. It is a very rainy afternoon, which is nice for the slow kind of day I'm having. Haven't accomplished much but a few loads of laundry. And that is just fine. Looking forward to my hubby getting home with the 2 "littles". They had about a 12 hour drive today, should be home before 9. 😊
Old 07-19-2020, 02:53 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you're ok and made it back Greentrees

congrats on 7 weeks bobdrop - its an uncertain time for everyone I think but I hope you and your wife will be ok

Congrats to Captain H, CAGY, and everyone else hitting a milestone too, no matter what it is

D

Old 07-19-2020, 03:45 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I’m so glad you’re safe and back with us Greentree. Sending you hugs across the planet. You haven’t let us down, we’ve all been there, too many times to count for me. We’re with you
Old 07-19-2020, 04:29 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I sent my son to the store for potatoes. Then boy did it start to downpour. I got nervous and AV demanded beer... ugh. Luckily there is none in the house and one of the reasons I didn't go to the store is so I wouldn't be tempted. But that darn little witch shows her face at the worst times. No drinking for me today! 15 days is where I screwed up my last "long" stretch this year. Not happening again.
Old 07-19-2020, 04:30 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hope no one minds my little rant. I just wanted to get it out.