Notices

Class of June Support Thread 2020 Part 1

Old 06-20-2020, 07:28 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by listae View Post
Once I pick up a drink, I let every other aspect of my life go. EVERY ASPECT.
I can totally relate to this. I become completely nonfunctional and just drink without getting up from wherever I'm sitting. No showering, no eating, no nothing. It's really weird and awful. Let's not do that ever again.

PS: Good morning all and thanks for the welcome backs. Day 1 here, but it's been close to 48 hours since my final drink. I honestly still feel like hell on earth, but my stomach ache is gone and I'm eating and getting fluids in. It's crazy how much the poison dehydrates your entire body.

Still have not had the mental or physical energy to clean myself up and only managed maybe an hour or 2 of broken sleep last night, so today I am just focusing on bed rest and doing what I can when I can.
Old 06-20-2020, 07:32 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Maybe try and have a shower love.....it is amazing how rejuvenating it can feel. You can always sit down in the tub. s ❤️
Old 06-20-2020, 08:20 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Maybe try and have a shower love.....it is amazing how rejuvenating it can feel. You can always sit down in the tub. s ❤️
That is true. I think I'll try that this afternoon. That can be a small goal for the day.
Old 06-20-2020, 10:23 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Good to see you, PL.

It's now impossible to buy alcohol here (if you're not in a restaurant or pub) for the weekend, so I'm golden. We've bought fresh strawberries and a watermelon, perfect for this unusual heat. Today is a good day.
Old 06-20-2020, 10:58 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

I am not going to drink today no matter what. Hang in there puck, you are one of my quit buddies as we quit at the same time.
Old 06-20-2020, 02:39 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by MaximusD View Post
I am not going to drink today no matter what. Hang in there puck, you are one of my quit buddies as we quit at the same time.
Thanks, Max. Means a lot. Ended up forcing myself to shower and deep clean my bathroom and room. I feel brand new. Glad I got off my butt and did that. Also had some healthy greens and still pounding water. Surprised how fast I have snapped back in the past 48 hours, but I never wanna go through that hell again. Just exhausted, but I'm hopeful about all of this and being here among friends.
Old 06-20-2020, 05:43 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you dumped the wine listae.
Something that helped me to stay stopped was accepting that Today is the first day of the rest of my life.
I wasted too many days - no more.

D
Old 06-20-2020, 06:04 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

I love that saying,
Today is the first day of the rest of my life

Hang in there guys, one day at a time x
Old 06-20-2020, 06:08 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Finally! Day one under the belt. I have been crabby and generally down today, but I know good lies around the bend. I’ve tried for another 18 days to get back. I’ve got to make this stick this time, or I’m in trouble. The grip gets tighter and tighter every time I go back.

Don’t even want to look at screens, so I’ll keep this short. Well done to those moving forward.

Old 06-20-2020, 06:51 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats Jewel

D
Old 06-20-2020, 08:22 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Congratulations Jewel!

It rained all day here today...which was kind of nice, I spent the afternoon reading and listening to some podcasts about finding joy in sobriety. I'd never really thought about it that way before, I'd always thought of it as being deprived, something being taken away, instead of it being an opportunity to enjoy life more.

When I'm drinking all day long like I usually do, I have no energy, I feel unwell and crabby, I call into work sick, and I never do anything fun. It should have seemed obvious to me that I'm missing out on life, but I guess I was always too busy drinking and subsequently becoming too depressed to care...

I'm glad I got another chance to try...8 days tonight and I'm feeling pretty good
Old 06-20-2020, 08:54 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Congrats guys. Well done

Day 1 will be in the books in an hour. Overall, it's been a good day here.
Old 06-20-2020, 09:21 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jewel72 View Post
Finally! Day one under the belt. I have been crabby and generally down today, but I know good lies around the bend. I’ve tried for another 18 days to get back. I’ve got to make this stick this time, or I’m in trouble. The grip gets tighter and tighter every time I go back.

Don’t even want to look at screens, so I’ll keep this short. Well done to those moving forward.
​​​​​​
Congrats Jewel.

​​​​Day 13 here. Some AV yesterday but it's pretty quiet thanks to the Antabuse.
Old 06-20-2020, 09:26 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well done to all you guys

D
Old 06-20-2020, 11:11 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Congratulations all of us June quitters!
Old 06-20-2020, 11:30 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

sry peeps for not being around, i am on day 6, but its easy for me just now due to i am down seeing my daughter and new gson. its just diffrent when i am here and not up back at my own home that i fail to stop drinking. Guess its the just the motivation here at my daughters.i also keep very bz when here, which again at home i dont seem to do the half of the stuff i have been doing here. i am also the same as u puckluck when i drink i usualy dont bother with myself either.

good to see all the people here and FF u are doing great hun xx

hope to get back regular here when i have time when at home. have great day all xx
Old 06-20-2020, 11:59 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  
Administrator

Enjoy your visit Erratic

D
Old 06-21-2020, 04:47 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Great job Jewel!
I am at 3 weeks today. Have been experimenting with intermittent fasting for a week and it is going quite well. 16-8 everyday.
Old 06-21-2020, 04:49 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

....where alcohol has been involved, I have been strangely insane....

I'm an alcoholic: a very serious alcoholic. To me my drinking is cowardice and insanity. Insanity is dominating my life and is the essence of my disease. It is robbing me of the freedom of choice and, therefore, robbing me of all other choices. When I drink, I am unable to make effective choices in any part of my life and my life is unmanageable.
Old 06-21-2020, 05:32 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Thank you, All! It is quite a relief to get over the first hurdle.

Really disrupted and weird sleep, but so thankful I’m not hungover or self loathing this morning. On to day 2 and going to celebrate my husband today for father’s day.

listae, we get it. Come on back and let’s start living the life we’re meant to experience. It’s tough, but we can make June ‘20 the month we turned away from the poison.

Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there!