Class of June Support Thread 2020 Part 1

Old 06-21-2020, 06:13 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Go Jewel. ❤️

....and all of you....off to read and catch up. s
Old 06-21-2020, 06:18 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by listae View Post
....where alcohol has been involved, I have been strangely insane....

I'm an alcoholic: a very serious alcoholic. To me my drinking is cowardice and insanity. Insanity is dominating my life and is the essence of my disease. It is robbing me of the freedom of choice and, therefore, robbing me of all other choices. When I drink, I am unable to make effective choices in any part of my life and my life is unmanageable.
As Jewel said, we get it....that is/was my truth as well.

You may need help to detox love....even a doctor's supervision by phone.....just thinking out loud as it's a bit difficult to jut go somewhere for 5-7 days right now. s ❤️❤️
Old 06-21-2020, 08:17 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Good morning all,

Actually SLEPT last night. 7 hours, although with some bizarre dreams...

Did or does anyone here take a daily multivitamin like Centrum? I'm planning on taking one once a day for my 1st 30 to see if it helps.

I know the brain fog doesn't really start to begin to lift until 90 days. It took me 6 months of sobriety in the past to feel like I turned the corner with the foggy/slow thinking.
Old 06-21-2020, 08:38 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Checking in on day 3. I just reread through the AVRT crash course. Good stuff. Feeling strong. AV can just shut up and go away.
Headed to the lake to go boating with my family. Taking lots of healthy drinks and snacks. Happy to be spending a day out of the house (but still isolated) with them.
Old 06-21-2020, 11:37 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Hi all. Only a few hours left of day 7, tomorrow I will have made it through the first week. I'm proud of myself.
Old 06-21-2020, 01:24 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by Lixie View Post
Hi all. Only a few hours left of day 7, tomorrow I will have made it through the first week. I'm proud of myself.
Great job, Lixie!
Old 06-21-2020, 07:07 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Made it through day two but i have to admit, it was hard. AV was telling me one more day and I began plotting how I might make that work. I was even going to ride my bike to the liquor store, since my husband and I decided I wouldn’t drive anywhere today. But then I decided not to be so selfish on Father’s Day. I can’t believe I’m struggling like this. I hate myself while I’m drinking, yet the mind tells me it would be a good idea to partake one more time? This addiction is ruthless.

Welcome back, Citrus! I’ll have to reread the AVRT crash course tomorrow, so I can tell that bugger off when it tells me lies.
Old 06-21-2020, 07:55 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Well done everyone, especially those getting through day 1, 2, 3. They’re quite the challenge as I well know....
Puckluck I take a daily multivitamin and an extra vitamin B complex. I think it helps....
Old 06-21-2020, 08:35 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Well done everyone, especially those getting through day 1, 2, 3. They’re quite the challenge as I well know....
Puckluck I take a daily multivitamin and an extra vitamin B complex. I think it helps....
Great to know. I'm going to continue to take mine every morning and see what happens. I think I'll try that vitamin B complex too.
Old 06-21-2020, 08:40 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by Jewel72 View Post
Made it through day two but i have to admit, it was hard. AV was telling me one more day and I began plotting how I might make that work. I was even going to ride my bike to the liquor store, since my husband and I decided I wouldn’t drive anywhere today. But then I decided not to be so selfish on Father’s Day. I can’t believe I’m struggling like this. I hate myself while I’m drinking, yet the mind tells me it would be a good idea to partake one more time? This addiction is ruthless.

Welcome back, Citrus! I’ll have to reread the AVRT crash course tomorrow, so I can tell that bugger off when it tells me lies.
Yeah I usually get the biggest cravings when I'm bored, honestly. Or super pissed off and want to forget about negative things.

Like for example, I've been sober for a week or two and I get sick of being bored and I think how much fun it would be just to cut loose with a bottle and listen to some music or whatever because I always get way more into whatever I'm doing when I'm drunk. I completely forget that when I do that it turns into a nasty, depression filled, psychotic bender every single time. Alcohol is definitely cunning, baffling and powerful. Always ready to fool you into thinking you can handle and enjoy it responsibly (yeah right).
Old 06-21-2020, 09:03 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just a note that its best to run any supplements past your doctor or at least your pharmacist.

D
Old 06-21-2020, 09:43 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Hi guys! Way to hang in there

I made it to 9 days, which is pretty big for me. I've been having trouble sleeping, like we do, so I decided to wear myself out by going for a long walk by the river. Then made some cabbage stew and potato salad to have tomorrow (always tastes better the next day)

I take a B complex vitamin too on advice of my doctor, but I'm considering seeing a Nutritionist to get my body in check. I have it on my Insurance so I might as well use it. Catching up on my health would be a nice thing to do after pretty much trashing it for so long.

Stay safe guys...take care
Old 06-21-2020, 10:30 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Free.

Originally Posted by Jewel72 View Post
This addiction is ruthless.
Yes.

It is.
Old 06-21-2020, 10:45 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Free.

Originally Posted by PuckLuck View Post
Did or does anyone here take a daily multivitamin like Centrum?
Yes. Starting a 8hrs sober this time I began taking vitamins.

The best thing about it is that it affirms to me that I am taking positive action toward my health.

For first two weeks either a multi or two a day (like Centrum) . I would take omega 3 fish oil pills every second day or so.(good for libido, added side effect)

I really feel pleased to take a Redoxon B every third day or so. Has thiamine, something we deplete by drinking.
It is a fizzy orange tablet you drop in water. Like ENO from days gone by. It tastes great, is fun, and relaxing, and feels like a step in the right direction.

(also, signs that liver was clearing, usually 5-7 hours after my multi. I’ll spare you the details)

Anyway, can’t hurt right?

** disclaimer: this is where I suggest checking with your doc first **

Be well PuckLuck. I look forward to your posts.
Old 06-21-2020, 11:58 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Good morning. Two weeks sober today. Day 14. AV is a little noisy but I know I'm just going to get sick if I drink. Thank you Antabuse. I really wish I took this drug years ago. Could have saved a lot of dram.
Just waiting for my SMART meeting to kick off. Have an AA meeting at in four hours and taking some free online courses during the day. Trying to keep busy.
Also have an OA meeting tonight. Have some issues with food and trying to lose weight. Unemployment is making me miserable and boredom is a big issue for me. Can't wait to get back to college in September.
Old 06-22-2020, 01:07 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Free.

Congrats on two weeks FF!
That’s great.

I found that cravings really started to subside in the third week. Kind-of toward the end of the week.

Best to you!
Old 06-22-2020, 01:14 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Originally Posted by PuckLuck View Post

Like for example, I've been sober for a week or two and I get sick of being bored and I think how much fun it would be just to cut loose with a bottle and listen to some music or whatever because I always get way more into whatever I'm doing when I'm drunk. I completely forget that when I do that it turns into...
Yeah me too PL. My truth is that I actually enjoy music more sober. It's just in a different way.

FF congrats on 2 weeks!
Old 06-22-2020, 03:41 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm a musician and music is very important to me.
I get just as much enjoyment from music sober - and get every bit as much into it - even more so

New thread time
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-2-a.html

D