Notices

Class of May 2020 Part 3

Old 05-27-2020, 03:38 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

Just checking in at the start of day 10 for me.

Well done everyone racking up all these sober days.
I had a tough time on bank holiday Monday but managed to resist, I think the combination of bank holiday and sun really made me want a drink, disaster avoided thankfully.

Dee I’ve seen PAWS mentioned, what is this please?

Have a wonderful day all 😁
Old 05-27-2020, 04:39 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

PAWS stands for Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome. s

I am thinking Dee will have a good link so you can read up on it a bit. xxxx
And congrats on Day 10 dear Berony! s ❤️
Old 05-27-2020, 04:42 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
Day 3. I can rarely remember how my binges began. I don't know what triggered it. I don't even know how many days I was drinking. It most likely was the extreme boredom and loneliness. I have been living like a hermit for years. I wish I had even the slightest bit of motivation to do anything. I start simple with cleaning this dump.
Wishing you a good day dear WL. s

For me, some of the motivation comes after I start....getting that first load of laundry done gives me a feeling of satisfaction and then I want to keep going. Let's do this together today.....I have lots of housework. s ❤️
Old 05-27-2020, 05:07 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Thanks Venus 😊
Old 05-27-2020, 05:12 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

My bad dreams tend to reflect my fears and/or things that have stressed me out.....I imagine hand santiser would show up in a nightmare for me too if I had drunk some of it.

Hope today is a really good day for you dear FF. ❤️
Old 05-27-2020, 05:17 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

WL: have a great Day 3! I'm right behind you at Day 2!

I'm hopeful for a better day today than yesterday: I don't know what it is about Day 1 but, man, it's literally like battling with a ferocious grizzly bear that just wants to knock you out! Today, well I'm beginning by reading some sobriety literature, posting, and writing in my journal. I'm going to go for a power walk (1-2) miles.

I really want to approach sobriety differently this time around: I've been a "revolving door" now for twenty years and I've had major consequences but still let the grizzly bear knock me out.

So, I apologize if I post too much. I'm gotta get through Day 2. Otherwise, I'll be at Day 1 getting knocked down by the Grizzly Bear AGAIN. It is an awful feeling being perpetually at Day 1. You feel that you can't accomplish the simplest thing: laundry, hygiene, changing your clothes, cleaning, reading! Succumbing to that drink to numb out my loneliness and isolation (not to mention the unpleasant memories that I carry with me) takes away every shred of your confidence.

Drinking is hopelessness incarnate; sobriety is hope. So, I'm hopeful today for ALL OF US!

Old 05-27-2020, 05:41 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Congrats to all on your milestones! I hope today is an easy day for everyone. Let's stay close and stay sober!
Old 05-27-2020, 05:43 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

I hear you Listae. I have been staring at the mess I am surrounded by and know I will let it sit. I haven't slept since Sunday. The first week is hell. My record of zero sleep is 6 days straight and not a wink.

I did, however, figure out a part of a puzzle that has been haunting me for a while.
Old 05-27-2020, 05:58 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Post away dearest listae.....we don't want the grizzly bear to get you. s

Good morning dear Karen. s

And yes dear WL, rest.....it's so so hard not sleeping. Sending love and really glad you figured out a piece of the puzzle. s
Old 05-27-2020, 06:06 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Good morning Venus! I hope you're having a great day.
WL, that does sound tough! I hope you can at least take a nap.
Listae, I love that you are posting so much. We can help you through!
Hope, I hope your house problem is not too serious. Stress is one of the worst things for me at least.
Hugs to all.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:18 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

AV won't let up. I'm just playing the tape forward. Even if the Antabuse does work, "one or two" will turn into a life ruining bender. A bender at this point would ruin my life - it would mean not finishing college. It could possibly mean another arrest maybe a day in court. It could mean a conviction.

And what if I didn't go on a bender? What if I had one or two. I might feel warm and fuzzy for ten minutes. Then I'd have to start over on day 0. Hardly worth throwing away six days for ten minutes minimal pleasure. And I might not even get that pleasure because of the Antabuse. I could get very sick

So I won't drink.​​
​​​​​​
Old 05-27-2020, 06:18 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Well, after I finally made it back to day one on Sunday, I decided to drink on Memorial Day. Not sure why but that lead me to drink yesterday, and on and on this will go if I don’t quit, for good, today. Hating myself. I am in a women’s group, so I feel like I have support IRL, but the fact that we can’t meet in person makes me feel quite alone in this. My husband doesn’t get. I am so tired. But going to try for day 1 again today.

Old 05-27-2020, 06:19 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jewel72 View Post
Well, after I finally made it back to day one on Sunday, I decided to drink on Memorial Day. Not sure why but that lead me to drink yesterday, and on and on this will go if I don’t quit, for good, today. Hating myself. I am in a women’s group, so I feel like I have support IRL, but the fact that we can’t meet in person makes me feel quite alone in this. My husband doesn’t get. I am so tired. But going to try for day 1 again today.
Welcome back Jewel. Make this your last day 1
Old 05-27-2020, 06:38 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
AV won't let up. I'm just playing the tape forward. Even if the Antabuse does work, "one or two" will turn into a life ruining bender. A bender at this point would ruin my life - it would mean not finishing college. It could possibly mean another arrest maybe a day in court. It could mean a conviction.

And what if I didn't go on a bender? What if I had one or two. I might feel warm and fuzzy for ten minutes. Then I'd have to start over on day 0. Hardly worth throwing away six days for ten minutes minimal pleasure. And I might not even get that pleasure because of the Antabuse. I could get very sick

So I won't drink.​​
​​​​​​
You wouldn't feel warm and fuzzy at all. Most likely you would be very sick, as you said.
Let it go FF.....as a friend here always used to say....take alcohol off the table. s

Do you have a treadmill at home?
I know you live near the canal and there are lovely walks to go on.....get a natural high from exercise and fresh air.
It really helped me every time my AV went off.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:40 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jewel72 View Post
With you every step honey.

Drinking for one day is kind of impossible for all of us I think....alcohol is not our friend, as listae said a couple of days ago. s ❤️
Old 05-27-2020, 10:50 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Still have not slept since Sunday. Insomnia is always my most feared withdrawal symptom. It's just too much time. Too many hours to fill. I am still wide awake at about 60 hours without sleep. Even when I was doing drugs, I wouldn't stay up so long....
Old 05-27-2020, 10:54 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Maybe you could call a doctor dear WL....do a tele appt, get some professional advice? s

My suggestion is to have a warm shower and lie down with your eyes closed....I believe that even resting is helpful.
I am really sorry you are going through this. ❤️
Old 05-27-2020, 11:52 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

This is my third try to post! Orin, that's my grandson, is feeling lonesome today and needed me to play. He has a game called "sneak and peek". I have to be the lookout, and he tries to peek at people without them seeing him.
Freedom, you made a great choice. I'm so happy for you!
WL, I'm so sorry you aren't sleeping! How long does that usually last? Are you worried about the apartment? I know you need to get it cleaned up to feel better, but if letting it go for now will help you sleep, then go for it. You can do it a few trash bags at a time, you don't have to do it all at once. Are you having a hard time throwing it away? I know that can be a problem for some people. They just feel bad throwing it away.
Jewel, how is it going? Day ones are so hard. I remember how much you loved being sober, and you were so good at it, too. I hope so much you make it through today without a drink.
Happy day 2 Listae! Fantastic!
And congrats to everyone on their milestones!
Old 05-27-2020, 02:02 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi everyone

Congrats to all that made another day or sobriety and to those who have chosen to make today their last day 1 today. This is a pretty tough journey - sort of like starting a long walk with the steepest uphill climb at the start.

WL - hope you managed to get some sleep. Today is hopefully a better day for you and you can take some steps to relax, rest and sleep.

Jewel - great to see your post. Please remember that there is always someone around on SR and you will find support 24/7. Really hope that this is your last day 1. Have you changed your plan a bit to address why you decided to drink?

Listae - I am going to learn how to upload photos today, so here is my first attempt - it's for you as a reminder of day 1's.....

Have a great day/night everyone! Stay sober and post often - this is the most amazing class of communicators!
Old 05-27-2020, 02:14 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Howling Grizzly

Well it’s 5 P.M. and the Grizzly wants me to have a glass of wine. It’s a tough time: my mood completely changes by this time. I’m in tears and in bed. But I’m trying to do everything possible not to drink. It’s not going to help.